Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Flight Zone Sceneries

Hi everyone,

I am looking for 'flight zones', that is sceneries covering large custom areas (improved mesh, several airfields or strips, custom autogen, points of interest, etc.).

The perfect example is Tongass Fjords X. Others are Orbx Pago Pago and Tapini, FlyTampa Grenadines. But only available for FSX/P3D.

For MSFS I am only aware of Okavango by SimWorks Studios, Aerosoft Antarctica Vol. 1, and the newly released NZA Simulations Mount Cook Region.

If you are aware of others, please post, even if they are in the making.

On a side note, being a new MSFS user, I wonder if the notion of 'custome autogen' does still exist for MSFS.

Thanks.

• Like 1

- TONY -

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

Hi everyone,

I am looking for 'flight zones', that is sceneries covering large custom areas (improved mesh, several airfields or strips, custom autogen, points of interest, etc.).

The perfect example is Tongass Fjords X. Others are Orbx Pago Pago and Tapini, FlyTampa Grenadines. But only available for FSX/P3D.

For MSFS I am only aware of Okavango by SimWorks Studios, Aerosoft Antarctica Vol. 1, and the newly released NZA Simulations Mount Cook Region.

If you are aware of others, please post, even if they are in the making.

On a side note, being a new MSFS user, I wonder if the notion of 'custome autogen' does still exist for MSFS.

Thanks.

As for your last question: Not really.

As for the first question: They hardly exist for MSFS because of the already superb satellite photo coverage of the entire world, and on top of that the World updates that bring many POI, custom autogen, mesh etc. There is simply no market for those, except for very restricted very detailed ones (like Okavango with the elephants, Antarctica with the penguins etc.)

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat as you, @Simicro. I'm a pure VFR pilot (feel free to call me a sightseeing flyer). While MSFS has the whole world enhanced, which I take advantage of for exploring exotic regions, I "collect" addons dedicatedly to give me extended regions of airports, enhanced Cityscapes, POIs, and more.

ORBX mentioned lacking sales for their isolated Cityscapes like Mumbai or Cape Town (which I both own) a while ago. You just inspect the city a couple of times, but there is no enhanced environment of sweet GA airfields, other stunning cities or exciting POIs nearby to visit within half an hour.

BTW, there is a nice two-part MSFS Grenadines package from DSky/Aerosoft. Plus, there are plenty of enhancements for the region on Flightsim.to.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

FlightZones 01 and 02 were the most cutting edge stuff back in the day. I loved those. But this time round everything is so perfect with the stock photogrammetry that it's FZ quality everywhere! 

• Like 3

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

3 hours ago, flyhalf said:

FlightZones 01 and 02 were the most cutting edge stuff back in the day. I loved those. But this time round everything is so perfect with the stock photogrammetry that it's FZ quality everywhere! 

Oh man, yes! 😁  I flew the life out of the Portland FlightZone scenery, back in FS9, I think.

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Auscene Lord Howe Island looks good.

• Like 1

Some good lively sceneries in Afrika are done by the @darshonaut. Look for "We have hippos" or "Maasai Mari" at Flightsim.to. Flightsim.to is a gold mine for fanzy sceneries, and I am sure I still missed a lot of them. They also have an excellent Scenery Map to look out for certain regions.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Not huge but nice GA airfields, enhanced scenery and sometimes a challenge to land with live weather. 

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/microsoft-flight-simulator/msfs-sceneries/3250/aerosoft-airfields-east-frisian-islands

• Like 1

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

Many thanks to all for contributing.

@Fiorentoni thanks for your explanation, I start to understand little by little the new MSFS paradigm for scenery.

@pmb thanks, I prefer to call you 'my friend' if I may because you made my day: I was not aware of Grenadines 1&2 from DSky. For other mates interested, do not confuse with the 2 Grenadines airports by Taburet of a lesser quality (Raymond Taburet has been in the business for a long time but I've never bought anything from him...). Actually I'm not a pure VFR flyer (I also fly airliners, helicopters, etc.) but this year I have decided to do only VFR/bush flying in GA aircrafts.

@flyhalf yeah I remember the sceneries of Vauchez in the FS9 days 🙂

• Like 1

- TONY -