Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Fenix PLN import

Is it possible to import a .pln file into the Fenix - thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

Only via simbrief (free). Just enter your simbrief ID into the Fenix app and when you go to your MCDU and the INIT page and request ini, it will import your flightplan. If you do not user simbrief you have to enter it manually as far as I know, but I am not sure....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

At the moment only with Simbrief,  maybe with a coming update we can have more..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Is it possible to import a .pln file into the Fenix - thanks Guys

For the Fenix A320, Simbrief is the way to go. You can easily the flight, download as a .pln to load in MSFS, and use the EFB to load in the Fenix.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

At the moment only with Simbrief,  maybe with a coming update we can have more..

cheers 😉

I didnt think so thought I ask

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

For the Fenix A320, Simbrief is the way to go. You can easily the flight, download as a .pln to load in MSFS, and use the EFB to load in the Fenix.

I use simbrief and paid subscription of Navigraph - can build flight plans in Navigraph on my desktop - saves me putting in sid and star in sim - but I dont think I can import that pln into the Fenix 😞 

Thanks Guys

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

The .pln file is for the MSFS flight planner. 

Neither Fenix or PMDG use it.

Fenix and FBW both pull it directly from Simbrief

PMDG gets it from Simbrief via the exported .rte file. 

If you set Simbrief to export the flight plan file to a folder every time you generate a new ofp, you will be able to load that into the msfs flight planner so that ATC will know where you are going.

The plane does not use this plan so you still need to use the correct method for the airplane to get the flight programed into the fms.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

14 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

I use simbrief and paid subscription of Navigraph - can build flight plans in Navigraph on my desktop - saves me putting in sid and star in sim - but I dont think I can import that pln into the Fenix 😞 

It's worth noting that the A320 doesn't input a SID and STAR no matter how you uplink - so this is not something that will be happening. That being said, you don't need to pull anything from anywhere, just input your Simbrief username in the EFB and hit FPLN UPLINK, we'll handle the rest!

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

Just be aware if the Simbrief cycle dosnt match the plane one it wont work 90% of the times. Meaning you need to pay to Navigraph. 

In the PMDG import file option its not an issue as it will just remove the conflict wpt and insert the rest so you can just make a small adjustment. Sadly in Fenix you cant. 

Roi Ben

1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

Just be aware if the Simbrief cycle dosnt match the plane one it wont work 90% of the times. Meaning you need to pay to Navigraph. 

In the PMDG import file option its not an issue as it will just remove the conflict wpt and insert the rest so you can just make a small adjustment. Sadly in Fenix you cant. 

Why can't you make an adjustment in in the Fenix FP, I do it all the time. ?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why can't you make an adjustment in in the Fenix FP, I do it all the time. ?

If you try to import a flt pln from Simbrief when there is a mismatch in the cycle and there is some wpt mismatch you get an invalid flt pln uplink error. It wont load the flt pln.

Roi Ben

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

If you try to import a flt pln from Simbrief when there is a mismatch in the cycle and there is some wpt mismatch you get an invalid flt pln uplink error. It wont load the flt pln.

Yes, the Airac in the MCDU has to match the one in Simbrief. Easiest thing to do is subscribe to Navigraph Data, $30 a year if I remember correctly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use Avliasoft EFB for charts, so all I need is the monthly Navigraph data sub, around $30 a year.