Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

PMDG update V.3.0.20

8 hours ago, rob0203 said:

I heard the Pmdg cockpit has a new feature: how longer you fly how more wear and tear will actually show.

At first I did not believe it but today after a few weeks of flying I really started to see the first scratches!

Thats a bad pilot who doesn't drive through the car wash after every flight as it should be done if you love your plane..😂🤗

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, a321 said:

If he hasn't given out this info freely you should not be broadcasting it. A lot these guys do not want or like their Airline employer exposed. Not getting Jerky with you, just saying, Many streamers who who are IRL Pilots won't say, and do not want to say. I know he is not a streamer in the flightsim sense, but he does cover some real and shall we say edgy parts of Aviation, I am sure it's ok but still, I dont think you should be exposing his Airline. 

He's not exposing anything. He's not leaking/publishing classified or other sensitive information, it's merely his assumption/conclusion based on what he's seen and that's not forbidden nor is it inappropriate in any way. Not saying what airline you fly for is simply a legal safeguard in case you actually do end up in some kind of scenario for which you could get into trouble, which is very unlikely as long as you follow common sense, so that you can say "I never disclosed who my employer is" and be on the safe side legally (which goes for both the individual as well as the employer).

For this reason Mentour Pilot or many other pilots wouldn't confirm which airline they fly for, but it's not a secret which one it is as it's very obvious to anyone who has even limited knowledge of the airline industry. He has given plenty of clues himself, probably not intentionally for this purpose but definitely aware of it like making statements about where he is based in conjunction with phrases like "a big European LCC", filming a video inside a cockpit with several other Ryanair aircraft on the remote hard stands next to him or even using thumbnails in his videos of aircraft clearly wearing the Ryanair livery with only the titles removed, or talking about what options his airline has on their 737s that are publicly known to be used by Ryanair. There are plenty other pilots that make it equally obvious. Even here on AVSIM or the PMDG forums there are pilots who post things that instantly tell me which airline they fly for. Another example is a real world pilot in my VA showing the real airline's specific procedures and given everyone knows what VA they are in it's obvious to everyone, even if he doesn't specifically confirm anything.

This ended up being a weirdly long post, but the bottom line is that thousands of people know which airline he flies for and saying it out loud or writing it down isn't exposing any secrets and he's well aware of people knowing because he's not making any effort to hide clues beyond the bare minimum for legal reasons. This is like SAS painting over their titles on their crashed MD-80 while the whole world knows exactly what airline it is and a newspaper drawing that conclusion based on the livery and what flight has gone missing isn't leaking anything.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

19 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Huh? Is that serious? That's the first I hear about it. Where did you read that?

It was a joke of course

• Like 1

I cringe every time I see one of these "accident investigation / re-creation" videos made using a flight simulator.  

In reality, there is so very much exhaustive investigation / human factors study by teams of SMEs that goes into one of these investigations... the idea that it can be meaningfully distilled into a youtube video by a single pilot is, well... let's be charitable and just call it disingenuous. 

Andrew Crowley

On 6/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, roi1862 said:

The buzzsaw this patch sounds amazing !

Thanks Roi !  Glad you noticed the new takeoff sounds ...... More sound improvements coming in the next update .... coming soon! 😀

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

started getting some porposing (noticed it since the last update) - finding I constantly have to trim the 737 to get it flying straight and level......is this a known issue or have I just not set up the plane correctly?