Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

PMDG update V.3.0.20

Guys, i am losing my mind by this on, we shouldn`t belive how s****d  that is...

Now they made pop-up 2D displays to work ( eagerly awaited because everyone have it just not PMDG ) and belive it or not if you pop them out and move it to your second or third Monitor and jump to the outside view the panels are not updating just stop and if you go back to the cockpit shure it works again..

Now what do they think for what reason we need those pop-up 2D displays, for use it in the cockpit ? There i dont need one i have there the panels..

Killing me sorry, and this from what ? - from a professional development team, I can't believe it !!

Now every other plane in MSFS that do pop-up 2D displays work perfect if you are in the outside view but not PMDG, the professional development team - unbelievable !!!!!

Man, that is just not professional at all, what a shame PMDG.

Sorry i have to say this..

cheers 🤔

• Upvote 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Well... I will tell you another thing that bugs me and its funny really.

I Loaded up the 737 last night to look after the update. I was shocked at how clear it is after around 40 flights in the Fexin and it looking so "natural", the 737 looks like it just rolled of the line....but heres whats funny....

Looking at the FMS you also see the floor....LOL, have a look.....looks perfect with a out the door fresh 737....🤪

Its still a great aircraft, PMDG just to to catch up.....

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Well... I will tell you another thing that bugs me and its funny really.

I Loaded up the 737 last night to look after the update. I was shocked at how clear it is after around 40 flights in the Fexin and it looking so "natural", the 737 looks like it just rolled of the line....but heres whats funny....

Looking at the FMS you also see the floor....LOL, have a look.....looks perfect with a out the door fresh 737....🤪

Its still a great aircraft, PMDG just to to catch up.....

There's a free texture update floating around that adds a touch of wear and tear to the 737 cockpit. They're a nice improvement! 

https://flightsim.to/file/32750/pmdg-737-used-texture-effect

• Like 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

31 minutes ago, odourboy said:

There's a free texture update floating around that adds a touch of wear and tear to the 737 cockpit. They're a nice improvement! 

https://flightsim.to/file/32750/pmdg-737-used-texture-effect

"File unavailable"   (PMDG had it pulled)

Although, there are rumours he is still providing it via Discord.

That would involve going to Discord though 😁

Edited by JYW
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The interesting thing is that PMDG seems to have, in many ways,  fallen behind the default stuff and freeware developers: just look at the texture work on the default aircraft, simbrief integration works flawlessly on the CJ4 and the 787 heavy division mod, not to mention the very functional EFB on the freeware FbW A320.

Default MSFS 2020 and the mod community have raised the bar so high - some are going to clear it, others are clearly struggling to keep up. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JYW said:

Booo PMDG! This (I think) is at least the second time in history they have bullied a freeware artist to pull what everyone thinks is waaaay better than their sub-par payware textures. I understand it is their 'right/textures' etc. However, please PMDG - throw the artist a few pennies and integrate it as an option. Most folk want a realistic flight deck. There is always wear and tear and some dirt etc...always.

PMDG need to get with the times. Make it look like it is for MSFS and not P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RichUK said:

Booo PMDG! This (I think) is at least the second time in history they have bullied a freeware artist to pull what everyone thinks is waaaay better than their sub-par payware textures. I understand it is their 'right/textures' etc. However, please PMDG - throw the artist a few pennies and integrate it as an option. Most folk want a realistic flight deck. There is always wear and tear and some dirt etc...always.

PMDG need to get with the times. Make it look like it is for MSFS and not P3D.

I think as part of PMDG's Boeing licencing, they have to present the brand as new and unmarked (stupid, I know!).  So perhaps PMDG can't provide a true worn and torn texture set.  But, as you say, that doesn't mean they have to prevent a simple texture mod that gives people what they want. 

• Like 1

Bill

Just now, JYW said:

I think as part of PMDG's Boeing licencing, they have to present the brand as new and unmarked (stupid, I know!).  So perhaps PMDG can't provide a true worn and torn texture set.  But, as you say, that doesn't mean they have to prevent a simple texture mod that gives people what they want. 

I can't really believe that. I think they are just taking the easy option. Way less work than putting in the extra effort into realistic looking textures (like many other devs do for many other aircraft). Either way, as we agreed, just provide a means for the paying end-user to alter a few texture files to make it look realistic and not cartoon-like. Airbus don't seem to mind!

36 minutes ago, JYW said:

Although, there are rumours he is still providing it via Discord.

That would involve going to Discord though 😁

Sorry about that. I didn't notice it had been pulled when I posted the link. I guess I snagged it just in time! 

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

That's not true, actually Randazzo himself clarified a while ago this is false. They are bound by Boeing's licensing as far as what features are allowed to be simulated, what failures can be simulated, what information or data can be published, etc. but they can wear the aircraft out as much as they want.

The NGX had a worn cockpit, this one doesn't because the aircraft they had access to to laser scan the cockpit, record sounds, etc. was a fairly new one with a clean cockpit, so they chose to model a clean cockpit this time. I'll personally see if I can get a hold of the worn texture mod, but I also like a clean cockpit and I'm not sure why people would get so worked about this. Some aircraft are old and worn and some are new and clean, your A320 is a bit worn and your 737 is newer and both are realistic.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I'm not sure why people would get so worked about this.

Not sure what counts as getting worked up over it.   People just discussing stuff.

Wear and tear is not just about age.  Aircraft involve humans.  And where there are humans (especially touching things), there is grease, dust, smears, etc.   I think we were just expressing that the current textures are too clean; as in clinical.  There are simulated aircraft out there, portraying brand new cockpits (I'm thinking the Aerobask models in X-Plane), but the baking and gradients in the textures has been used to make things look a little less colour-solid.   I'm not looking for ripped seats, cigarette butts and smashed PFD glass. 😁

Bill

29 minutes ago, JYW said:

Not sure what counts as getting worked up over it.   People just discussing stuff.

Wear and tear is not just about age.  Aircraft involve humans.  And where there are humans (especially touching things), there is grease, dust, smears, etc.   I think we were just expressing that the current textures are too clean; as in clinical.  There are simulated aircraft out there, portraying brand new cockpits (I'm thinking the Aerobask models in X-Plane), but the baking and gradients in the textures has been used to make things look a little less colour-solid.   I'm not looking for ripped seats, cigarette butts and smashed PFD glass. 😁

Well, the jury seems to have already concluded they didn't add wear because of being lazy and there's the usual undertone again that you find in virtually every PMDG thread these days.

A new aircraft like the one they based the model on (just a few months old if I recall correctly) does look very clean unless someone already spilled their coffee all over it. It's not going to have the MCP all scratched up or the paint peeling off. As for dust and smears, the PMDG cockpit does have these and depending on the lighting it's easy and hard to spot.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 hours ago, threegreen said:

The NGX had a worn cockpit, this one doesn't because the aircraft they had access to to laser scan the cockpit, record sounds, etc.

If they "laser scanned" it all, then why are there so many substandard textures littering the aircraft?