Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Blurry 1 and blurry 2

Phil Taylor said today that (quote:) "So far, it appears blurries happen with specific 3rd party scenery". He said something similar in at least one other topic today.Now I do not have 3rd party scenery but I do have blurries. So... let's get something clear!First of all, there seem to be two kind of blurries:Blurry 1: after flying for some time textures don't load anymore and in the end you are flying above completely blurred land.Blurry 2: textures do get loaded, but only when you've almost passed them. So things aren't completely blurred but it doesn't look pretty and it spoils the feeling of being there.Now, first of all I wonder what the most common blurry is. I have the idea people are talking about these two different kind of blurries in various topics. Maybe it's a good idea to give each blurry a distinctive name from now on (Blurry 1 and Blurry 2 might do the job :( ) to prevent confusion. Second: I'd like to know if this has indeed something to do with 3rd party scenery. I'd like to know if BOTH blurries are experienced with 3rd party scenery or just one of them. Who else has no 3d party scenery but still blurries?I myself have Blurry 2. This makes me think I do not have the blurries Phil is talking about. I think he is talking about Blurry 1, the more severe one. But if he is, I get the idea that only that blurry (1) is regarded as a real blurry.... I do not know if MS/Aces is working on it, but it gives me the idea my blurry (2) isn't being worked on. So, to sum things up: 1. which blurry, 1 or 2, is most common? Which one do you have?2. is MS/Aces working on it and if so, on which version (1 or 2 or both)?3. Phil's remarks makes me feel MS/Aces is er... pushing the problem into the lap of 3rd party devs and pulling it's own hands off of it.. It's just a feeling I have and would love to hear someone say it isn't so! ;)

"This makes me think I do not have the blurries Phil is talking about."Sorry for not being serious here but that line made me laugh. Lol.FYI i don't have any 3 party scenery and have the blurries too.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

>Sorry for not being serious here but that line made me laugh.>Lol.>That's okay. ;) I already wondered what people would think with lines like that or "I myself have Blurry 2"... ;)>FYI i don't have any 3 party scenery and have the blurries>too.That makes two...! But er... may I ask WHICH version, 1 or 2? ;)

I have Blurry2... When all is well, the 5m textures in front of me switch to 2m resolution at a semi-regular distance and I have a "circle" of 2m detail tiles to look at.When things change (example is flying off KSEA airport grounds, north into suburbia), the detail updating falls behind and all of a sudden the 5m tiles that are supposed to pop into 2m detail, fail to do so. If I pause the sim, after 10-20 seconds the texturing system "catches up" and the tiles in front of me pop into 2m focus. I can then resume flight.See the sequence here... 1. looking OK2. looks like the upcoming tile is not switching3. yes, now we have a blurry tile right in front4. paused and 10 seconds later, the tile has switchedhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173301.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173302.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173303.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173304.jpg

Bert

I also just have blurry 2 and no addon scenery. No blurries with RTM.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Blurries that never catch up are likely to be a completely different problem.Yes, it would be a good idea to separate out the discussions, to get an idea how prevalent either are.I did say we are investigating. So please dont get ahead of me and claim anything about what we are or are not doing.

And here I thought these blurries were simulations of some of the drunk pilots that have been getting busted over the past year or so,"As real it gets" :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest YEGspotter

Blurry 2 for me - with 3rd party scenery installed (MegasceneryX Oahu)....

Guest PhilC

Blurry 1 for me with no 3rd party scenery. Mine starts fine but eventually everything goes extremely blurry and stays there. Nothing is recognizable.I suspect it may be my 128 MB video card. I recently ordered one with 512 MB and I'll report back if anything changes.

I have no 3rd party addons either and blurry1 happens after a while. What I do then is switch filtering option and things get back to normal for a while. I did see this in fs9 as well btw.Cheers

multi-core or single core?no hang if you try to change world location?

Blurry 1 for me but not flying but idling at KMIA and it doesn't clear up unless I flip between full screen and windowed screen and eventually that doesn't even recover it. This is not while flying but sitting at the tarmac with a complex aircraft (Maddog 2006) loaded and ready to taxi. One or two locked-spot pans around the aircraft will usually generate the complete loss of all detailed textures (very repeatable). Most prominently gone are the grass and building details to almost solid colors.Now the other day, I disovered that if I set my frame-rate lock to Unlimited, I don't get the blurries in this particular situation but I get drastic frame-rate fluctuations between 17 and 60 FPS and some vsync issues while in full-screen. It's almost as if the frame-rate lock thread kills the scenery thread and prevents transitions to more detailed textures. This is where I'm currently at in troubleshooting. Hardware specs in sig:

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

So lets go thru the drill.All sliders to the left. Frame rate locked at 20. Does it clear up? Frame rate at unlimited. Does it clear up?Incrementally moving the sliders to the right, frame rate locked and unlocked. Where does it start happening?

I get both blurry types.Blurry 1 happens when I use Tileproxy, even when I am getting 40+ FPS and locking it lower. Yesterday, when flying around the top of Mt Rainier, by the time I returned to the same place the textures below had gone back to low res textures. Even pausing for a couple of minutes didn't improve them, but refreshing the graphics under the TileProxy menu brought them back to full crispness. Given the beta nature of Tileproxy, I am not too bent about this but I am concerned that other quality 3rd party photoscenery (which I don't have) would do the same.Blurry 2 happens when my FPS drops below about 20, whatever the settings or scenario complex are that cause the dip below 20 (ie. medium settings in a complex scenario or aggressive settings in a medium complexity scenario can cause the same problem). Limiting the FPS counter below 20 does not improve the situation. I currently work around this by using FS9 for my heavy iron / city scape work and keep my FSX flying out in VFR land. I am going to have to face this full on when the LDS 767 for FSX comes out.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11