Sign in to follow this  
tikur_anebesa

Fenix A320 performance calculator

On EFB Perfomance Page, it doesn't give me the flap retraction speeds when I use it, but I do see Youtubers getting green values there.  I only get the V1, V2 and Vr speeds returned.   What am I missing?

i7-107000KF | 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM | MSI Z491-A-PRO | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 | 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB | MSI M370 1TB | Windows 11 Pro | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | 32” LG GSM7750 HDR 4K monitor | 2x 27” ASUS MX279 monitors

No Idea what your problem could be, are you sync'ing  both loadsheet and weather? and are you sure your filling in all the options none are blank?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The MCDU gives you that, doesn't it?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Come on man just enter all the required fields.  Don't forget the runway intersection data....

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

3 hours ago, tikur_anebesa said:

On EFB Perfomance Page, it doesn't give me the flap retraction speeds when I use it, but I do see Youtubers getting green values there.  I only get the V1, V2 and Vr speeds returned.   What am I missing?

You mean you don't get the green S (or also F) on the PFD during take off?

It's not just the OP. I do not get it either. I'm guessing it's because I'm using all "freedom" units (mmHG, Feet and Pounds), but I have not tested to see if I switched to KG, M and HPa would it suddenly function. I just go without it. Fantastic EFB otherwise however.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Maybe they had this in the original release, then took it out at some point? 

As @Bobsk8 notes, you don't really need the EFB to tell you the flap and slat retraction speeds as the FMS is going to calculate them anyway. Maybe they removed the feature because of this? 

I get the S and F on the PFD everytime I fly the Fenix...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

29 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I get the S and F on the PFD everytime I fly the Fenix...

Same here, no problem at all

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

In RL (as well as in the Fenix) the performance calculator on the EFB spits out S, F, and O (Green Dot) in addition to the V-Speeds (and actually quite a bit more, like MFRA and Stop Margin, which the Fenix EFB doesn't implement). After calculating the final performance with the actual weights and CG from the loadsheet, the flap retraction speed and green dot are cross checked against the actual S, F, and O speeds calculated by the FMGC. This serves as a gross error check for the calculated perfomance values, since a difference in Green Dot indicates a difference in TOW between the calculation and the actual weight.

Green Dot can actually be calculated quite easily by hand: Below FL200 it is 2 x weight in tonnes + 85. For every 1000ft above FL200 add 1 kt.

As for the EFB on the Fenix, I haven't noticed the speeds missing. Maybe re-check if you've correctly entered all data.

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla
  • Like 2

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

38 minutes ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

In RL (as well as in the Fenix) the performance calculator on the EFB spits out S, F, and O (Green Dot) in addition to the V-Speeds (and actually quite a bit more, like MFRA and Stop Margin, which the Fenix EFB doesn't implement). After calculating the final performance with the actual weights and CG from the loadsheet, the flap retraction speed and green dot are cross checked against the actual S, F, and O speeds calculated by the FMGC. This serves as a gross error check for the calculated perfomance values, since a difference in Green Dot indicates a difference in TOW between the calculation and the actual weight.

Green Dot can actually be calculated quite easily by hand: Below FL200 it is 2 x weight in tonnes + 85. For every 1000ft above FL200 add 1 kt.

As for the EFB on the Fenix, I haven't noticed the speeds missing. Maybe re-check if you've correctly entered all data.

I think the few that are reporting they are not seeing S, F and O are probably skipping steps setting up the MCDU, if not all of them.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SKEWR said:

It's not just the OP. I do not get it either. I'm guessing it's because I'm using all "freedom" units (mmHG, Feet and Pounds), but I have not tested to see if I switched to KG, M and HPa would it suddenly function. I just go without it. Fantastic EFB otherwise however.

@SKEWR your guess is right...it only works when you set the aircraft to use Meters, HPA and KG.

i7-107000KF | 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM | MSI Z491-A-PRO | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 | 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB | MSI M370 1TB | Windows 11 Pro | Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | 32” LG GSM7750 HDR 4K monitor | 2x 27” ASUS MX279 monitors

18 minutes ago, tikur_anebesa said:

@SKEWR your guess is right...it only works when you set the aircraft to use Meters, HPA and KG.

I set mine to LBs. Feet, and Hg, and get F,S and O all the time.