Sign in to follow this  
psouthan

Downloading MFS2020 in China

Hello, 

I normally work in China, but I have been stuck here in Europe for almost 3 years, waiting to get back to China. 

My issue is that when I get back to China I will want to purchase MFS2020 but I am not sure if I can download it in China. Here is my question:

Can I purchase it here on my laptop and store the installation files on a hard drive  and transfer it to my main flightsim PC in China when I get back to China? 

Three years away from my PC and I feel like a beginner all over again!

Thank you in advance for any help

Paul

Edited by psouthan

Do you still have the same email in China as you have now.   The key thing is the xbox on pc app using the email you bought on.  If I were you I would install it on your laptop and use it where you are now if the laptop is powerful enough.  

When you return to China You then use it on a machine with the same xbox ID  (it can live on more than one machine but only one used at a time.

There seem to be many people using it in China so (subject to no government changes) I do not think you will have trouble downloading it. 

I live in Thailand but occasionally have used a vpn with a china address and not had any problems using it.  I actually use my australian address as it is easier for me to pay from there.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

I live in Hong Kong and - like it or not - we are part of China... Never been a problem downloading the sim & updates from here.

Asobo recently announced the Simplified Chinese version of the sim is about ready for release. Another clear sign the Chinese market is opened for bizz, and all the sim downloads you may wish for.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Edited by TooLowTooSlow

Hi buddy.

I am a Chinese Microsoft flightsim pilot 😄  The game purchase and installation and upgrade is good s long as you purchase normally in the Microsoft Store, I don't feel any network problems in Beijing.

Hope it helps you.

19 hours ago, psouthan said:

Hello, 

I normally work in China, but I have been stuck here in Europe for almost 3 years, waiting to get back to China. 

I wish I was “stuck” in Europe 😂😂 Although depending on your situation I can imagine it might be troubling to be stuck in another country or region if you want to go home.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I wish I was “stuck” in Europe 😂😂 Although depending on your situation I can imagine it might be troubling to be stuck in another country or region if you want to go home.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unique !  You made my day !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unique !  You made my day !!!

Well, truth be told, if I had to get “stuck” somewhere, Italy, Spain, France or Portugal would be my choice 😂😂 Hopefully when my wife and I retire, we’ll find ourselves “stuck” in one of those countries. 

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Would you feel the same if your wife was in the country. you were not in?....on second thoughts do not answer that.....we want you alive.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow