Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

ButtKicker Gamer 2

Just as an alternative to the ButtKicker, there is also the Jetseat which offers a lot more fidelity.  I bought mine through Andre. Only problem is the current Ukraine/Russia situation might make buying one difficult.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

The only annoying thing about Voicemeeter is ; it is not auto starting during windows startup. You need to manually start the app. I tried few things but could not overcome. (Scheduled app, etc.)

Any solution is welcomed ??? Thanks.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 minute ago, kt069 said:

The only annoying thing about Voicemeeter is ; it is not auto starting during windows startup. You need to manually start the app. I tried few things but could not overcome. (Scheduled app, etc.)

Any solution is welcomed ??? Thanks.

If you use MSFS addonlinker, there is an option to start MSFS together with any number of applications you want.
You can also add it to the startup folder (just type "shell:startup" in the address bar of File Explorer to open this folder.

If it needs to be started as administrator the MSFS_addonlinker option works best. Just start MSFS addonlinker as administrator and launch MSFS from there. Everything else should then also be started with elevated rights.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

If you use MSFS addonlinker, there is an option to start MSFS together with any number of applications you want.
You can also add it to the startup folder (just type "shell:startup" in the address bar of File Explorer to open this folder.

If it needs to be started as administrator the MSFS_addonlinker option works best. Just start MSFS addonlinker as administrator and launch MSFS from there. Everything else should then also be started with elevated rights.

Thank you for your support.

I use AddonsLinker but apart from MSFS, when you use Voicemeeter, it controls all the system sounds and we need to start Voicemeeter during windows startup for all the other applications.

I also tried and already have shortcuts in the startup folder but still not a solution. It is strange and annoying but could not find a solution , yet. Any other suggestins are also welcomed. Thanks.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I just picked up Hapticonnect from Buttkicker which has recently released with a plug in for MSFS. I’m still getting it set up, I’m short of time and I have to unpick how Voicemeeter works as I still use that for IL-2. I’ll be able to look at it over the weekend.  It certainly comes through to MSFS and I just need to sort the sound to my G2 headset. Anyone have experience with Hapticonnect?

Edited by Snowy55

i7-11700k, ASUS TUF RTX 4080, Varjo Aero, Virpil/TM/HC/VKB and Fulcrum Yoke.

An update on the Hapticonnect software. I was having various issues with it but to keep it short I just had to isolate the Hapiconnect folder from being scanned by Windows 10 Defender. Now it just works as expected.

i7-11700k, ASUS TUF RTX 4080, Varjo Aero, Virpil/TM/HC/VKB and Fulcrum Yoke.

092827_d231c45367b94d9da0506111c3a20004~

What is the difference between SRS U- Shake6 and Buttkicker 2?

Great question!!!

It's like comparing a mono amplifier to a 5.1 home theater?

SRS U-SHake6 has 6 built-in shakers independently. You feel the right effect, with the right intensity, at the right place...Like having individual sensors for each car suspension.

You will feel each curb, road imperfection, engine vibration, transmission/gear changes, impact, acceleration, deceleration and more...

Our software is also a lot more precise as it uses your own vehicle telemetry inputs and generate specific low frequency sound waves.

With the buttkicker, you get only the sound from the game, so is only good for engine rumble, most other effects are muddy as they go all to 1 shaker.

Edited by peloto

I'm using a Yamaha home theater receiver for sound via a digital out from my computer.  Will the Buttkicker work with a setup like this?

On 6/21/2022 at 1:28 PM, micstatic said:

I fly with a headset and would like to add this to my setup.  Just how loud is the buttkicker to other rooms of the house?

I’ve been sim flyer for over forty years, a VR flyer since the first Oculus came out, and to be frank I’d forgotten about my son’s buttkicker present for a good six years….butt…after seeing all the VR guys extolling the virtues of the buttkicker….I  remembered …the reason why I forsook the BK; When my and If my wife is sleeping…in the next room To the sim, …I get hollered on with the rattling sounds of my office/cockpit chair…it’s the height adjustment lever, and for more complicated chairs, you are going to get even more rattle.  
Solution/hypothesis?…install surgical tubing  to insulate the metal on metal rattle…maybe some heat shrink….butt…forsake my ten year old BK +, NOmore….I will solve this; I want my butt kicked  again WITH VR!!!

…and; I  just saw this on YouTube…and I’m stealing the idea, copying and…

…contriving/fabricating/ putting up  a 3/4-way tripod and harness for an MSFS VR hang-glider RIDE…howzat for immersion?…dunno where the BK is going to fit into that scenario….maybe…when I crash?

i’m sending protective and healing vibes to you and your loved ones…and simulator brothers and sisters…especially AvAngel…I think I am in love!

Chas

• Like 1

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hello. I have my Buttkicker working through the PC rear sound output (green-headphones). I can hear the sound through my Quest 2 and feel the shaking with the BK, by using Voicemeeter, and I can improve it with FSRealistic.

My question is: Would I get any improvement by using a USB sound card instead of the PC sound output? I am reading about using a little USB sound card, but I can't understand the need or the advantages to use it.

Thank you in advance.