Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

ButtKicker Gamer 2

3 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

You can use the second sound card and use this free program.   https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm 

I'm just now trying the demo of FS Realistic and so far its been good.

Others might have a better answer as I only know about what I use.

thanks.  I guess I will have to figure out the ins and outs of setting all that up.  Seems complicated mixing it.  But maybe it won't 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

47 minutes ago, micstatic said:

thanks.  I guess I will have to figure out the ins and outs of setting all that up.  Seems complicated mixing it.  But maybe it won't 

I thought it would be complicated, its actually very easy. Just focus on A1 and A2 in voicemeeter. Will make sense once you're up and running. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I thought it would be complicated, its actually very easy. Just focus on A1 and A2 in voicemeeter. Will make sense once you're up and running. 

Ditto. Voicemeeter looks a little intimidating at first, but it is actually not that complex. It's basically just a sound mixer type of interface.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

On 6/22/2022 at 2:46 PM, FreeBird(Josh) said:

I have never used sim shaker so I cant say. I believe they are similar. Here is what I would do. With one buttkicker I most likely would not use software and rely on the sim sounds with FSRealistic and use a y cable to hook up the buttkicker to the system sounds. This way you will get the personality of the plane. When using software this triggers events (are really good)that have a effect but these are the same from plane to plane. Now sim shaker might be able to combine the two but I don't know. I can do it with OPUS but I get a bad hum using it that way so the need for a separate sound card. Others can chime in here on what works best for them. Once you get it you can play around on what works for you.

I must admit to being a little confused what to get alongside the ButtKicker - which arrives in 12 hours!

I have FPRealistic but how does that send its sounds out to an external USB soundcard?  You mention using a Y cable (that comes with the ButtKicker) to split the sound (so I don't actually need a second sound card)?

Does using Opus produce better effects?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

19 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I must admit to being a little confused what to get alongside the ButtKicker - which arrives in 12 hours!

I have FPRealistic but how does that send its sounds out to an external USB soundcard?  You mention using a Y cable (that comes with the ButtKicker) to split the sound (so I don't actually need a second sound card)?

Does using Opus produce better effects?

If assigning opus to the default sound card on my system results in a hum or feedback. Even the manual states that. I would try it without opus and use your exciting sound card and see if that is enough for you. This is why having a second one works the best. Just try different configuration to see what works for you.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

28 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

If assigning opus to the default sound card on my system results in a hum or feedback. Even the manual states that. I would try it without opus and use your exciting sound card and see if that is enough for you. This is why having a second one works the best. Just try different configuration to see what works for you.

I have ordered the USB soundcard and downloaded Opus.  I had a look at SimShaker but it doesn't appear the sound module can be purchased - Russia sanctions I guess.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

My Buttkicker should be here in a couple days. I also ordered the USB Creative Labs Sound Blaster Play! 3 just incase and to have more options. I'm getting excited to try it. I've known about the Buttkicker for years but never really looked into them. Ironically I started looking at them a day or two before this thread was created.

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

For me Opus is working well.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

This is what I use for under the desk if anyone is interested in making there own about $120

Amp   Here

Shaker Here

Sound card  Here

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

I have received the ButtKicker Gamer 2 and connected all the cables.  I also purchased a Sound Blaster Play 3 USB sound card - drivers installed.

I have opened Opus Buttkicker Control and selected 'enable ButtKicker No.1'.  I have selected the 'Speakers (Sound Blaster Play! 3)' audio device.  I click test audio then bump/play, but I get no response from the ButtKicker.

In Windows volume mixer I can see 'Opus MSFS - ButtKicker Control with the volume at zero.  When I test the audio in Opus I can see the volume going up and down in the volume mixer of the Opus ButtKicker control, but no response from the Buttkicker.

I have double checked the connections against the ButtKicker quick start guide.  Anyone guide me to what I may be getting wrong?

Try plugging in a pair of earphones to the sound card output and check if you can hear anything when you do the audio test in Opus. Try plugging the audio input to the Buttkicker to a phone audio output and play music or something on the phone and see if the Buttkicker vibrates. Basically a "Is this thing on?" test where you test only one device at a time.

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I also purchased a Sound Blaster Play 3 USB sound card - drivers installed.

I believe you don't need a driver for this sound card. Its built in and don't use the SB control panel.

53 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Couldn't you just put a fart cushion on your chair?

If you try that then let us know afterwards…

Perhaps it sounds like breaking the sound barrier 🤠

FYI : 

Unlike a subwoofer that moves air (and loses accuracy and force), ButtKicker haptic transducers move actual mass, producing a tactile immersion that's powerful and accurate.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0