Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Ultimate Terrain FSX released!

It says with the cd coupon you need the Ultimate Traffic CD.Is this a misprint?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Wow! I think i see traffic lights, red and green on a lot of roads.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

That just appears to be a copy/paste editing error. It will still work as expected with the Ultimate Terrain CD. BTW, the download version says the same thing. An obvious result of 3 major releases in one week just about killing the Flight1 administrators :-)Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

My morning sunrise flight out of the mountainous valley region of KSLC with real weather, Ultimate Terrain, and FSGenesis mesh, has been nothing short of pure astonishment, and crisp clean photo-like beauty at that! Thin down that traffic, that comes standard on a Sunday morning, and I'm getting 25-31 fps of super smooth flight over the city/mountain scape's! That's basically no fps hit at all, for a great looking increase in roads, rivers, railroads, landscaping, 3D effects, etc. I'm as impressed as impressed can be at the moment!Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!:7 L.Adamson --- FSX "a really excited user" for obvious reasons.. :-hah

Is there a CD version?Thanks,Ron

Not yet, but I would expect it to be put on DVD (the download is slightly over 1 Gig) at some point. Usually, Flight1 waits a couple of months to make sure most issues are ironed out and patched up before they release a disk version.There's no reason to wait for the disk, however. With Flight1's excellent down-loader, you can re-download your purchase anytime in the future if you need to reinstall and you lost your backup.They even have a Download that can resume if it looses the connection.Tony

Thanks,I downloaded and am installing as I write this.Ron

Guest Speed

So far I am loving the traffic on secondary roads; the ability to define all ashpalt roads (realistic for east coast); the beaches; the enclosed interchanges; the accurate coastlines; the accurate lakes; the grass islands; the dams; and the night lighting.I'm sure I will appreciate even more once I fly outside of westchester/fairfield counties (NY/CT).UTX is a must have.

Steady on. It's great I agree but it's not "By Bye FS9" just yet.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest MauiHawk

Never got my change to chime in-- great product... I love it. The road traffic is really fun and adds another sense of immersion. I'm glad I held out on getting a landclass until now.Also, since I've finally got my dual core up and running, blurries are a thing of the past and by lowering fiber-frame and the fps target, its smooth as butta too.FSX is *finally* everything I hoped it would be. Now I just need a little DX10 action to ice the cake...

Thanks to everyone who posted on UTX, after reading all the posts and comments I decided to take the plunge. Could not be happier, makes FSX a whole different ballgame. I am getting 20FPS steady with everything set to medium High. Here are my specs....Windows media center os,Intel P4 2.8Ghz, 1gb DDR pc3200,Radeon ATI x300/550 Series 128mb Graphics, 80gb HD, 250gb external USB HD.Thanks Flightone for a great product!Danny

I had UT for FS9 and thought that it was an excellent product. I want to also get UTX, BUT I am concerned about the frame rate hit.Can UTX owners state what the impact is on the frame rate?

>Hi Dave,>>It includes the continental US only. UTX-USA includes Hawaiiscott s..

>>Impressive.>>>>I'm wondering since the United States is also known as the>>"11th Province", should we take it that the current package>>includes Canada?>>>Only the continental US in this release. Also includes Hawaiiscott s..