Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

First A2A Comanche preview

I'm going to throw this out there for anyone who cares:

The most important thing you can do to for your Private Pilot Certificate is to choose the right CFI. The second one is the airplane.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:31 PM, sd_flyer said:

I assume you have flown 172 IRL? How does it compare with A2A say for P3D?

I have more than 200 hours as a CFII in C172s and the A2A 172 is the perfect flightsim trainer for anyone who is training the same same c172 IRL.

Happy Holidays.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

I have more than 200 hours as a CFII in C172s and the A2A 172 is the perfect flightsim trainer for anyone who is training the same same c172 IRL.

Happy Holidays.

Probably not the best IFR training platform over there!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

43 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Probably not the best IFR training platform over there!

Pair it with the Reality XP GNS430 and voila.

*Chef's kiss*

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Just now, SAS443 said:

Pair it with the Reality XP GNS430 and voila.

*Chef's kiss*

I was refereeing to RL LOL Piper offer much more stable platform. But hey we got spoiled in sim and RL  with Garmin, Avidyne, Dynon, Aspen when I did my instrument rating GPS were rare and expensive , so I didn't have one in my beat up 172N! I remember  CFII told me that I'm spoiled having two CDIs because back in his days they use only one for cross radials LOL 

Looking forward for Comanche. I flew it IRL. Unfortunately didn't instruct in one as they very rare to find.

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

I'm going to throw this out there for anyone who cares:

The most important thing you can do to for your Private Pilot Certificate is to choose the right CFI. The second one is the airplane.

Yes to the right CFI and hopefully just one CFI. So many students have to change instructors because CFIs are getting picked up by the airlines earlier and earlier these days. Gone are the mandatory 1000 hrs before even applying! 

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

33 minutes ago, Doering said:

Yes to the right CFI and hopefully just one CFI. So many students have to change instructors because CFIs are getting picked up by the airlines earlier and earlier these days. Gone are the mandatory 1000 hrs before even applying! 

It's very hard to find full time CFI who is not on the mission of building hours. Also it's very hard for student to know who is "good" CFI who is not especially when no one to compare to !

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

It's very hard to find full time CFI who is not on the mission of building hours. Also it's very hard for student to know who is "good" CFI who is not especially when no one to compare to !

It's hard to find a good CFI because the pay from flight schools is still low and the goal for most CFIs is to build hours. I don't blame them for wanting a real job.

19 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's hard to find a good CFI because the pay from flight schools is still low and the goal for most CFIs is to build hours. I don't blame them for wanting a real job.

I don't blame transient CFIs. But still they don't instruct because they have passion for it but because it's cheapest way to build hours. I just inherited three students victim of puppy mill factory. Some stories I heard really eye brow rising, they been tossed between different CFI where one CFI contradict another. Really sad.

Sorry for taking thread away from main topic. Does anyone know if is there any chance A2A release Comanche in 2022? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I don't blame transient CFIs. But still they don't instruct because they have passion for it but because it's cheapest way to build hours. I just inherited three students victim of puppy mill factory. Some stories I heard really eye brow rising, they been tossed between different CFI where one CFI contradict another. Really sad.

Sorry for taking thread away from main topic. Does anyone know if is there any chance A2A release Comanche in 2022? 

That's only a few days...I don't see that happening on the ouija board.

As for that flight instructor telling you that you're spoiled for having two CDI's -- he/she was a hardcase!

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Does anyone know if is there any chance A2A release Comanche in 2022? 

Given all what they are saying, sounds to me like maybe 1Q23 some time? Doesn't seem like it might linger in beta for months.

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Hype!!

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73957

I've had the Comanche now for two days and have been running flight tests. I thought you might like to know how things are going.

The graphics are unbelievable. The cockpit is "alive". You are going to love it.

I've run flight tests on stalls both power off and on, departure, cross controlled, and accelerated.

The behavior is as close to real as I have ever seen in an add on aircraft.

The spin behavior is extremely real. There is a clean stall break, an incipient stage then it winds up realistically as the moments of inertia stabilize and the lift on the wings settles in asymmetrically. I am very pleased with what I am seeing.

Ground behavior is excellent. We have isolated a few bugs and corrected them on the fly.

You will LOVE the tablet integration on the Comanche. We have new technology involved there that you will find very interesting I'm sure.

Takeoffs and landings are coded to reflect the specific behavior of the laminar wing. You will have to "FLY" the Comanche as it was designed to be flown. There is a lot of new technology coming with this release that I think you will really like.

That's about it for now. We are working hard on things. The team is really on the ball with this one. I just thought I'd share a bit of what's happening with all of you.

Dudley Henriques

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, EduSCA said:

Hype!!

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73957

The graphics are unbelievable. The cockpit is "alive". You are going to love it.

I've run flight tests on stalls both power off and on, departure, cross controlled, and accelerated.

The behavior is as close to real as I have ever seen in an add on aircraft.

The spin behavior is extremely real. There is a clean stall break, an incipient stage then it winds up realistically as the moments of inertia stabilize and the lift on the wings settles in asymmetrically. I am very pleased with what I am seeing.

Ground behavior is excellent. We have isolated a few bugs and corrected them on the fly.

You will LOVE the tablet integration on the Comanche. We have new technology involved there that you will find very interesting I'm sure.

Takeoffs and landings are coded to reflect the specific behavior of the laminar wing. You will have to "FLY" the Comanche as it was designed to be flown. There is a lot of new technology coming with this release that I think you will really like.

Excellent! The flight model and dynamics sound real good and if Dudley is praising it that it must be so as he's never minced words before when it comes to this area. 

Further on in the thread: 
Q: Does anybody know if you will be able to slip in the GTN 750 from TDS sim?
Dudley: Yes. The Comanche has 750 capabilities, both the free and the paid versions.
Q: do you know which options will be available? Steam gauge, 530, 430, 750, etc?
Dudley: All these GPS options are available as well as steam gauges.

And latest from Scott from the other thread:
"We chose the Comanche because we’ve owned and operated it for over a decade. It’s always sitting right there in our hangar ready to fly 24/7/365 that allows us to perform all kinds of experiments and tests on demand while building the simulation. I can literally pop out of my office, jump in the Comanche, do the test and be back working on it, in an hour. This capability has been invaluable in moving forward and would not be possible if we didn’t own the airplane.

So the Accu-Sim Comanche 250 is more than just an aircraft, it’s a brand new tech platform to carry us indefinitely into the future. Most of the work we’ve done on this aircraft in the past two years is work we won’t have to do again.

So once this is done it will be a lot of fun exercising this new Accu-Sim platform to make all kinds of aircraft.
"

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD