Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

First A2A Comanche preview

They need a trainer for MSFS, like they have for FSX/P3D and X-Plane, Preferably a C152/C172 if people really want to take G.A. flying in this sim seriously and not all about the navigation units.

Edited by jbdbow1970

40 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

They need a trainer for MSFS, like they have for FSX/P3D and X-Plane, Preferably a C152/C172 if people really want to take G.A. flying in this sim seriously and not all about the navigation units.

How about an A2A Piper PA-38 Tomahawk II.

I'd settle for a 172 though.  Like an N model or something like that.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

16 minutes ago, Mace said:

That would work too the only G.A. in this sim even considered close to A2A is Milviz at the moment.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mace said:

JustFlight is doing the traumahawk... should be good I am sure. 

9 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Missing in action, Flysimware. It's just not in the 'etc.' group (hopefully 🙂 )

No to sure of what you mean ?? - missing in action??

I have had the Flysimware Cessna 414 beta for a few weeks - a great aircraft

Also to the main thread - I have all A2A A/c on P3D including the Spit - but I dont see a need for it in MSFS - The Flying Iron does well for me

Edited by jaytee73

9 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

Missing in action, Flysimware. It's just not in the 'etc.' group (hopefully 🙂 )

I think Flysimware already has the 414AW and G44A for MSFS: https://flysimware.com/website2019/msfs2020-aircraft-helicopters/

Did you mean iFly? I suspect iFly will make a loss on their upcoming 737 MAX for P3D, because the P3D home consumer market has shrunk substantially.  Thus, I think iFly will shift over to MSFS at some point (or perhaps they are already secretly working on a new MSFS product), if they want to stay a profitable business (unless they have other commercial or military contracts, or some rich financial backer, to keep them afloat).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

My bad. Sorry. What I meant was that @abrams_tank's list of well-known 3rd party devs should have also specifically included and mentioned Flysimware.

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Just being able to tweak the throttle and mixture and see/feel/hear different vibrations modes in the airframe is so stupidly immersive.   Especially after how "hollow" many MSFS GA aircraft are in this regard....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

More tidbits from the A2A forums from a couple of months ago:
"The Comanche is in the works. Just this week we have decided to add a feature not yet even conceived in FS2020.
The team is busy working on this as we speak.
There WILL be a film coming and I think when it comes you will see that what we have done and are doing was worth the aggravation.
We intend to give you the finest GA single engine airplane you could ever imagine for FS2020.
"

Intrigued about what this all-new feature is that's never been done in MSFS before, they've mentioned this at least a couple of times. Also they've been saying since over a month they're working on a video that goes over the MSFS Comanche in more detail so hopefully it is imminent!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I had two thoughts reading this thread this morning. One is my recollection of how enjoyable the A2A Comanche was to fly back when it came out -- was that really 2015/2016? I flew it exclusively for months all over North America. The other was how pleased I am that A2A has seemingly taken the route of fully developing an excellent aircraft for MSFS, delaying and taking its time and apparently adding new features, not launching with a beta or early access version. I think it shows their dedication to the craft and commitment to excellence. Excited to be seeing the name A2A mentioned more often in these forums!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

Will there be a proper relationship between throttle and propeller lever movement? For example when RPM is reduced will MP increase? This is something that is not modelled in MSFS to date.

19 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

If you think about real depth modeling with tear and wear  and etc then we only have so far (GA) Boeing 247D, Cessna 310, and Sting S4.

“Piston singles.”

Lists Boeing 247D and C310.

SD: “Great aircraft, but they both yaw to the right a lot.”

(looks out right side cockpit window for the first time)

SD: “Omg! Is that…? A second engine??”

🙂

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

SD: “Great aircraft, but they both yaw to the right a lot.”

🙂

I understand it suppose to be funny but why yea to the right ? Right engine failed ? Lol

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

46 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I understand it suppose to be funny but why yea to the right ? Right engine failed ? Lol

Right engine can't fail if you haven't started it up because you didn't notice it was there... 😉

I probably need to get some sleep at this point, I may be getting delirious.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Right engine can't fail if you haven't started it up because you didn't notice it was there... 😉

I probably need to get some sleep at this point, I may be getting delirious.

I got it, it's okay LOL

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |