Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazzlercee_2

Ultimate Terrain X has given me the blurries............

Anything longer than 60 to 90 seconds means a possible problem somewhere. My 2-year old system here is well within the above, with road traffic.I have an NVidia 7600 that is AGP.Something is choking the load. It could mean your drive needs defragging, so something does not agree with your video card.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I also am experiencing long load times around 5 minutes. Prior to UTX about 30-60 seconds was normal. (I defrag daily) I am wondering that Vista may be the common theme with it's indexing scheme but that is just a guess. Anyway I am hoping that a resolution or something along those lines comes along as I like UTX.jjjallenCore 2 6800e @ 3.650 gig680i nVidia EVGA4 gig ram8800 GTX EVGA160 Raptor 10000 RPM HD

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Geofa,I always follow your posts.I am having the same problems.Came home tonight and lowered all my UT settings,ran a flight and defragged.Still took 15 mins to load.Still had blurries.Moved all the UTX stuff to bottom of scenery library(still above default scenery).Same problems.15 mins to load and blurries.Disabled all UTX in library and WOW! everything is back to normal.Quick loading and scenery is crisp and Justin's LC is there.Something is wrong.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest JIMJAM

Just to let you kow that not everybody are having looooong load times.Mine are a little longer than before UTX, now about 15-20 sec.I do however have occasional stutters and the blurs just like most others.With gazillions of hardware/software/user imput changes, its amazing any of this stuff runs at all.

Looks like these guys have some issues to work out on this product. I'll hold off for a while since graphicsx and weatherx with fsg landclass and mesh is about as real as it gets.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Must report my experience also; 5 min. load times, extreme blurries (which is very disturbing after all I've gone throught to mitigate them). I've disabled most UTX features (which of course defeats the purpose of having the program) and still makes no difference in load times or blurries. In addition my FPS drops and jumps all over the place. When I disabled the program all went back to normal once my scenery index was rebuilt.Let me note that yes my HD is freshly defragged, and my road traffic (which I was already just using at 10%), I tried as low as 3% with no change in load times, blurries or FPS drops.I'm working 12 hour shifts this week so it will be difficult to find time to try different things but I sure hope this issue gets resolved quickly. One tip mentioned was to install the 5m textures with the config tool so I'll try that first when I get a chance to see if that helps. I concur with Geoff that it's the roads that's probably the culprit but I turned off all the roads except for the freeways and still had the 5 minute load time so that's more than likely the bottleneck. I wonder if there is some sort of cfg glitch where FSX is trying to load the entire road database instead of just roads for the area you're wanting to fly in. (Maybe it does that anyway, I don't know).I'll continue to monitor the forums for a solution, just wanted to add that you guys aren't alone with this problem. This addon looks to be a great addition along with using FSGLC but at this point I can't use it.

Ken

Guest khague

Just an idea...Before installing Ultimate Terrain, I didn't use the "FIBER FRAME TIME FRACTION" or "TEXTURE BANDWIDTH MULTIPLIER" settings in my fsx.cfg file -- I had tried them with different settings both before and after SP1, and found that with my C2D E6600 dual-core, things worked better without these settings. It looks like installing UT put those entries in my fsx.cfg, and I immediately started seeing blurries and micro-stutters that I've never been faced with.I've since removed those settings from my fsx.cfg, and things are back to normal (i.e., NO blurries and NO micro-stutters). If you're using dual- or quad-core processors and seeing this, you might remove those entries from your fsx.cfg...Anyway, your mileage may vary, but this worked for me...

Process of elimination for me.Disabling UT Roads and UT waterclass worked somewhat but now I get a slowdown loading "adjusting scenery objects".Never stalled there before now.Anyway,except for that I am loading like normal and no blurries.Not sure now what I have gained with UTX.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I did a fresh FSX install followed right away by a UT install (nothing else is installed on this drive). This gave me a new record of 21.000 fragmented files. Can you imagine what happens when you don't defrag with an excellent program like O&O by file name ? Even worse if it sits on the OS partition... You can have the fastest system, it will take forever to get the textures out of the hard disk.

uhhh, 60-90 load is pretty normal for what I get...with a well-defragged (3rd party software) HDD....i run a 7200rpm WD SE16and windows on a 36GB raptorI don't know what's up, seriously, my load time with it installed isn't anything insane....it's around 15-30 seconds more (talking initial load here) than without UT USAEDIT: I did an initial load test.....this is all BEFORE defragging lol....it was about 80 seconds to load from when I clicked in Windows desktop to start FSX till I saw my plane ready to fly.Let me rephrase that my FS partitions (FS9 and FSX) are on the first (outer) partition on my WD HDD. I use Ultimate Defrag file/folder name plus high performance....works finehttp://disktrix.com/UDIntroduction.htmYou guys with the insane long loads have some problems...or at least how the system is interacting.By any chance, do you guys use Tileproxy?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |