Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazzlercee_2

Ultimate Terrain X has given me the blurries............

UT X is a fantastic product but for me it has introduced the blurries into FSX.My system comprises Vista 64, Intel Q6600, BFG 8800GTS 640MB, and 4GB Geil DDR2. FSX, especially post SP1 has been sublime. I use two setting configs, one for city flying where I cut back autogen to normal and lower the water to 1 high, and the other for bush flying with autogen at dense and water at 2 high.I purchased and intalled UT X yesterday and was overwhelmed with the possibilities, but it has introduced the blurries and significantly increased the load times (probably due to more unique textures). Disabling UT X brought back the crisp textures but for some reason the long load times remained.Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions?TIA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not noticing blurries but the load times are definietly longer. Must tinker a bit more with the UT prefs maybe.

This might help1. Do a full defrag2. Try reducing the UT texture resolution

>This might help>>1. Do a full defrag>2. Try reducing the UT texture resolutionI have actually formatted and reinstalled because I could not get rid of the longer loading times even when UTX was uninstalled!I have also made a backup of the vanilla FSX+SP1 install folder in case I run into trouble again. I will have a play with the various UT settings once I have it reinstalled.Thanks,Daz

What texture files does the UT add? what are these textures that they are talking about? I didn't think UT deals with textures as such.IF I do a lower resolution in UT, what would I see in lower resolution?Yeah..I have blurries issues too after I added UT.Manny

Manny,I believe that the UT road textures are 1m as opposed to the standard 5m ones in FSX. This, together with fact that many more roads are rendered with UT is probably leading to the increased load times and blurries.I'm assuming that 1m textures are not really necessary for the roads and railways, and hoping that reducing them to 5m, and restricting the rendering of minor roads within UT, will bring FSX back in terms of crisp textures and fast load times.I'll let you know the results.

I am having same problems (Blurries and slow loading) but just installed and have not had much tinkering time.VERY slow loading.Like 20 mins or more.I can live with that as long as I don't have to restart after a lockup or CTD.P4,2.4 GHZ,1.5 ram,256 video.Ron

20min is just wrong, have you defragged? Default FSX+SP1 is about a 1-3 min load depending on location....I cannot believe UT would up it by that much...

I agree.FSX+SP1 load time was usually around a minute for me, jumping to 5-6 minutes with UT installed. 20 mins would be unbearable!

When I say "Long Load Times", I mean 60-90 seconds when I change the time or location, not 20 minutes, that's a bit of a problem.

If you reduce the resolution to 5, the load time would be back to what it was earlier.Manny

TIA,I experienced a big decrease of fps after installing UT USA. After some testing I realised that the cause was the road traffic. If i set road traffic to zero, the fps was back to nearly normal. I guess this is caused by a lot more roads in urban areas with traffic. Reduce traffic to 10 percent or less and see what happens with fps and blurries.Ulf B :-)