Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Best Japanese airports for P3D v5?

Hi,

I am wondering what you would consider a good quality Japanese airport to purchase for P3D v5?

I currently have DD's Narita and Technobrain's Haneda and am considering another Technobrain purchase given there is a 60% sale on right now at Simmarket for their products.

What would be a good addition and why?

Except Technobrain has anyone tried any other Japanese airports from another developer ?

I would be interested in hearing your opinions and recommendations.

Thanks.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

There isn't anything really top level, but here is what I use and find immersive enough...

SNJ Sim RJFF Fukuoka is priced right and sits in a nice area of the country.

Both RJBB products are on sale and pretty much the same quality. I use TB, which is slightly less currently.

TB RJCC New Chitose is good enough and has some additional traffic bgls that enhance it some.

I don't own it, too expensive, but PACSIM RJOA Hiroshima doesn't look bad.

• Like 1

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen

Best imo would be RJFF (Just around 10 bucks) and RJAA by DD. And by best I mean in terms of Japanese airports available in P3D,

Other than that, Bdoaviation RJBB and Pacsim RJGG is also pretty good, maybe get them during sale. There are other airports as well like Papacoach mentioned above but I wouldn't say it's worth buying now since 1) they are expensive and 2) they are very old.

• Like 1

Have you looked at PacSim? Their P3D4 products work in V5 as well.

• Like 1

I can give a +1 to both SNJ Sim's RJFF and BDO's RJBB.

The RJBB scenery is a bit dated in that it lacks dynamic lighting etc., however on the inibuilds forums there is a Dynamic Lighting profile for it (requires the relevent effect library) and the rest of the scenery stands up very well.

The SNJ sim scenery seems to lack SODE support but the price is so good there's not much reason not to go for it (I'm sure you can probably sub in GSX Jetways if you have Level 2)

• Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

All that is listed above I would recommend. The only one I wouldn't is the Technobrain Naha as it is quite outdated (no second runway). 

MFSG have quite a few smaller Japanese airports as well.

• Like 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Dedicated P3D scenery for Japan is very little. Part of this reason is that when FSX came out Japan was actually one of the countries that MS actually did well. The other thing was that there were several amateur groups doing scenery for Japan for FSX. Not much help I know but let me say the work done by these groups was exceptional, each airport was a work of art and the attention to detail was shall we say typically Japanese. The groups involved were known as FSX Maniacs, Ochiai FSX Scenery the problem was they were generally restricted releases but a few have found there way onto the net here and there. I kept all those sceneries from FSX and they have all gone into P3D without any problems at all. These Japanese FSX scenery designers have all shut up shop now alas!

I know this is not helpful to an extent but that is why there is so little about. Best you can do is search for Japanese airports for FSX and weed out the non Japanese produced ones - that should give you a few. They install fine into P3D. 

I am glad I kept all this scenery because it probably will never be done again and it is simply some of the best airport scenery I have ever seen!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have the Naha ( ROAH ) scenery. It is old ,expensive, out of date and missing a runway, but I still like it.

Just a short hop away is Taipeh. I recommend the downtown airport RCSS Songshan.

It includes many buildings and skyscrapers and highways.

• Like 1

Thanks folks,

I appreciate all the recommendations and feedback.👍

I will certainly take a look at SNJs RJFF and when Pacsim has a sale on I will probably get Chubu.

The other one that caught my eye since TB has sale on right now is Kansai (RJBB). This looks to be of reasonable quality and won't break the bank..

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

44 minutes ago, 787flyer said:

The other one that caught my eye since TB has sale on right now is Kansai (RJBB). This looks to be of reasonable quality and won't break the bank..

I'd say BDOaviation's RJBB feels much better than TB's at least compare to TB's other airports, as I only have BDOA's one.

I noticed it's not "listed" as v5 compatible, anyone on v5 could say if it works?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C2615 said:

I'd say BDOaviation's RJBB feels much better than TB's at least compare to TB's other airports, as I only have BDOA's one.

I noticed it's not "listed" as v5 compatible, anyone on v5 could say if it works?

Yes it works in v5.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A new airport was released on Simmarket. Saga Airport (RJSF.). It was made by SNJ Sim (the same guy that made Fukuoka). It's a small airport, but it looks real nice.

simMarket: SAGA AIRPORT P3D4-5

• Like 4

https://www.avsim.com/profile/102509-joseph29/

On 7/7/2022 at 7:44 AM, C2615 said:

Thanks for that recommendation.  😉 I looked at both this scenery for Kansai and the TB one and I think you're right that the BDO one is better quality. I plan to install it today.

I also did purchase SNJ Sim's for RJFF and thanks to  Joseph29 elect to get Saga Airport as well.

Am planing to install them all later today in P3Dv5.3.

2 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

A new airport was released on Simmarket. Saga Airport (RJSF.). It was made by SNJ Sim (the same guy that made Fukuoka). It's a small airport, but it looks real nice.

simMarket: SAGA AIRPORT P3D4-5

Agree. Looks good. I do appreciate the recommendation you posted. I did go ahead and buy it today!

Guys, thank you for all the useful feedback and viewpoints. That helped me make a decision. In the end I didn't buy any TB sceneries which had been my original intent but I have some decent quality Japan airports now.

I do hope SNJ Sim will develop some more airports. I think this could be one of those emerging developers that will establish a great reputation. 

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge