Sign in to follow this  
pots

Aerofly FS4 is out!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Normally, a company would give out preview and review versions for advertising and promotional purposes, and allow them to be aired on release day.....

But this is Ipacs we are talking about here, so the likelihood of that happening are low.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Special promotion on Steam -15% 50.99€ instead 59.99€. Ends 11 Jul 10:am...

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Aerofly FS 4 - General Features

• Realistic flight and ground physics
  • Intuitive user interface with location map and graphical route editor
  • Start the flight instantly in a cruise, takeoff or landing configuration;
  • or on the ground ready for taxi or cold and dark
  • Highly detailed and interactive 3D cockpits
  • Time-Skip feature to jump ahead in the flight
  • Instant replay
  • Optional simulated copilot that can fly the aircraft autonomously
  • Optional flight assistance features like automatic nav-tuning, automatic lights, caution/warning muting and other quality of life features
  • Flight logs, statistics and achievements
  • Flight mission presets and custom missions
  • Global Air Traffic based on 10,000+ real world flights
  • 1200+ custom modeled airports
  • High resolution aerial images
  • Scenery cultivation: 3D buildings, powerlines, wind-turbines, trees, etc.
  • Custom modeled famous landmarks and bridges
  • World wide elevation, aerial images and navigation data coverage
  • Sloped and curved runways
  • Adjustable time of day, visibility, wind, clouds, thermal activity and turbulence
  • Real time ground illuminating from aircraft lights and apron flood lights
  • Most common joysticks assigned out of the box and ready for your first flight
  • Support for multiple joysticks, throttle units, rudder pedals and more
  • Full Oculus Rift VR support and full Oculus Touch controller support
  • HTC Vive VR support and full Vive Controller support
  • TrackIR support
  • Support for Saitek Multi Panel, Radio Panel, Switch Panel and Saitek TPM

Aerofly FS 4 - Aircraft Features

• Very large selection of highly detailed aircraft
  • Fully interactive 3D cockpits, fully VR hands compatible!
  • Highly realistic physics simulation with full multibody simulation
  • State of the art real-time flight physics with dynamic computations for airfoil lift, drag and moment based on flap, slat and spoiler positions, propeller wash, ground effect and wing downwash
  • Natively simulated wing bending - no animation
  • Realistic ground physics with full landing gear compression
  • Custom engine simulation based on thermodynamic cycle
  • Cold and Dark startups
  • Adjustable cockpit lighting and display brightness
  • Authentic EFIS displays including electronic checklists in the most modern airliners
  • Very high level of system depth and thousands of custom coded aircraft systems
  • Caution and warning systems
  • Realistic GPWS callouts
  • Realistic Autopilot that operate just like the real thing, with full LNAV/VNAV or
  • managed/selected modes, auto-land and mode reversions
  • Custom fly-by-wire systems with realistic handling qualities and protections
  • FMS programming using MCDU and CDU devices, including IFR procedures like
  • Departures, Arrivals and Approaches (SIDs, STARs, APPRs)

Devons rig

Downloading now.

It’s been one of those mornings where my 3 other sims are driving me nuts for various reasons - and I won’t name names but melted photogrammetry, my Shorts 360’s engines quitting, and microstutters despite running Vulkan just this morning - and I’m curious anyway.

I just want a sim that runs silky smooth and is simple to use and the last version of this was very smooth (it just looked silly without autogen).

2 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

Downloading now.

It’s been one of those mornings where my 3 other sims are driving me nuts for various reasons - and I won’t name names but melted photogrammetry, my Shorts 360’s engines quitting, and microstutters despite running Vulkan just this morning - and I’m curious anyway.

I just want a sim that runs silky smooth and is simple to use and the last version of this was very smooth (it just looked silly without autogen).

Let us know how you like it !

If possible take a screenshot on finals or at the threshold of rw 05 @ LPMA 🙂

Also, although probably only with the Europe expansions installed, I'd love to find out if my airfield is represented, and how : LPMN

Thx !

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

59 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Let us know how you fiund it !

If possible take a screenshot on finals or at the threshold of rw 05 @ LPMA 🙂

Also, although probably only with the Europe expansions installed, I'd love to find out if my airfield is represented, and how : LPMN

Thx !

Refund already requested from Steam. 😞

I had it all set up and it was pleasant enough, I guess - pretty much like AFS2 except with basic building cultivation and better placement of trees - and it was smooth-ish (though more stuttery than AFS2) - but the thing kept freezing on me completely requiring a ctrl-alt-delete reset (and the last time it froze again within 30 seconds of resuming the flight).

So I decided I'd had enough.

3 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

Refund already requested from Steam. 😞

So I decided I'd had enough.

We're twin souls 🤣

I was considering a purchase, but hwne I saw I would have to pay for it way moire than what I paid for MFS, and probably XP12, I had to give up...

It should have nice feel of flight because their approach to flight modelling is great, but they're asking way too much for me 😕

Regarding the freezes I would guess that the new world air traffic ( live ? ) should probably impact performance ( ? )                                       

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Sorry I missed a few releases.... Does Aerofly FS4 have real life weather, this was a big missing part of previous versions... A flight simulator without real weather....

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

14 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Sorry I missed a few releases.... Does Aerofly FS4 have real life weather, this was a big missing part of previous versions... A flight simulator without real weather....

Apparently no, or at least not listed in the game features.

They mention the same kind of weather parameters previously available, namely:

• Adjustable time of day, visibility, wind, clouds, thermal activity and turbulence

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

What interests me to know among other things, the management of the rich mix is it improved compared to the version 2 which was almost non-existent...

Richard.

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

• Like 2

Devons rig

So, I asked at the IPACS forum about the Flight Dynamics and Systems modelling, as well as Weather.

The answer was surprising, and again AEFS is ahead of either XP or MFS in some really interesting aspects as the following answer from the developers can make clear:

New Flight Dynamics / Systems ? - General Discussions - IPACS Aerofly Forum

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig: