Sign in to follow this  
pots

Aerofly FS4 is out!

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I bought this immediately, and downloaded it and all the three addon scenery packs.

Very disappointed. Doesn't seem any different to FS2 to me. Don't get me wrong, I really like FS2 (as I did the original FS), but I may well also join the queue requesting a refund. No benefit whatsoever for me in this new version, unless I'm missing something completely. Which may be the case, given the customary level of information available.

I agree, for me it is AFS2 PLUS, without weather and water, we are in 2022!

• Like 1

For myself, I would only recommend that people considering a purchase wait for videos and reviews first, as for some, its quite a hefty download, and also there is the price to consider. 

For others, both of those two factors are non-issues in the face of the sims attraction for VR, etc.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

If you think that making choices other than those you agree with makes other people fools, that's quite telling.

Sorry, I was mistaken. I thought you had a sense of humour. 😁

Just now, HiFlyer said:

For myself, I would only recommend that people considering a purchase wait for videos and reviews first, as for some, its quite a hefty download, and also there is the price to consider. 

For others, both of those two factors are non-issues in the face of the sims attraction for VR, etc.

How is it in VR compared 😉 to MSFS? Performance- and graphicswise?

Edited by rka

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

35 minutes ago, rka said:

For years, that's been the sims (unintentional) standout selling point. Absolute smoothness in VR (up to 240 FPS in settings in 2D) and for some reason, razor sharp clarity in the various headsets that so far no other sim has matched, (yet). Cockpit displays / instruments are perfectly legible, and I mean perfectly. No having to lean forwards to see, or turn the resolution up to levels that causes a slideshow. etc.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

22 hours ago, FBW737 said:

Sorry, I was mistaken. I thought you had a sense of humour. 😁

Yeah.

And what exactly about calling people fools is hilarious?

Nice attempted save.

Devons rig

22 hours ago, rka said:

Finally somebody has made a video addressing some of that:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Devons rig

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Finally somebody has made a video addressing some of that:

Thanks. Too bad those screen captures can't capture the actual resolution in VR. There is also not much of a comparison in the video sadly. Granted I only skipped through, I'd say I don't have seen anything that the video captures that I could not have in XP already, am I wrong there?

Edited by rka

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

41 minutes ago, rka said:

Thanks. Too bad those screen captures can't capture the actual resolution in VR. There is also not much of a comparison in the video sadly. Granted I only skipped through, I'd say I don't have seen anything that the video captures that I could not have in XP already, am I wrong there?

The resolution of the sim is whatever you set in your monitor.

As for the video; Honestly I can only post.

Its up to the individual to decide whether to view or not.

Devons rig

5 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Yeah.

And what exactly about calling people fools is hilarious?

Nice attempted save.

You must be Canadian!

1 minute ago, FBW737 said:

You must be Canadian!

And you just keep digging the hole deeper.

Devons rig

For me, the improved A320 alone with its better engine and fan sounds is worth the upgrade IMO. And VR is sooo much smoother than MSFS. 

That said, FS4 is a better starting point but the sim needs LOTS of improvements for sure. I hope they don't consider this as the final version and I hope ORBX will catch on with scenery that can match MSFS.

Edited by flightsim1818
  • Like 1

The open question right now is if scenery purchased for FS2 will be convertible. I know that enthusiasts are already working on replacing some low resolution world orthos with better ones.....

Devons rig