Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Does anyone have Taburet's San Francisco?

Comments? Worth buying? It's U$15 and the file size is 55 MB with 127 unspecified custom objects. I googled but couldn't locate any reviews.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

If Taburet is in the title then research carefully before purchase.  Several purchases I made turned my MSFS into a sideshow.  Not suggesting all products are flawed but I will not by another product by Taburet.

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Thanks. That's why I asked. Taburet used to have tons of freeware mesh in prior versions (FSX and P3D), and now it has tons of payware for MSFS.

I like supporting and encouraging devs, but not "shovelware".

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

6 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

What is shovelware ??

Low quality, high quantity software.

Shovelware - Wikipedia

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

@bofhlusrI bought U.S east coast roads from them. What a piece of garbage!! If I see Taburets in the title, I run away fast, fast, fast!!! Dont waste your money. I wouldn't even take it from free.

• Like 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

I bought it and deleted it. Not sure if they fix this but the water masking caused flashing textures so I just deleted it along time ago.  You can download the new tall building in SF on flightsim.to.

• Like 1

Taburet is the perfect example of shovelware garbage. They've done this for years now across multiple platforms. Barely able to even find any proper comparisons with their products. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The so-called "ILLUMINATORS" at Simmarket are not bad either, same garbage, higher pricing, the perfect scam for newbies.
A real shame.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

thank you for the compliments

you are entitled to your opinion of course

having said that fortunately the work we do is appreciated by the majority of simmers;  however we know well some real heaters around this forum with their own agendas are keeping bashing; we not new to this; but let me tell you we enjoy what we do and carry on doing it. 

If you have any problems with the work we do;  we always try to fix if anything is broken; ask around the support we offer is better than even rich big software companies; bashing on forums will not fix anything; in facts it deter any developer to find a solution if a solution is available.

Regarding San Francisco; is exactly what it say on the tin;  it does not include pbr and it is clearly displayed; regarding the flickering textures; it might well be that after mesh changes during the various updates could have cause it; maybe that is the cause

you should know better than me msfs keep changing and has caused lots of troubles to addons; to ALL developers of sorts.

honestly; in forums rather than moaning or heathers i would rather read technical lines about what could cause what; it will far better informative and far better for the young people that come around to read forums; rather than people hate with salty bile somebody else.

has somebody here mentioned also the roads addons; their function is to exclude default material to replace with a more transparent; to show underneath the photorealistic textures; it is not straight forward as it seems; the sim change shading with time of the day; weather; and some shading to be honest still in development are off the mark when they reflect on materials added on ;  also the results are connected to the quality of the ortho beneath; if the ortho is good quality it look better; if the ortho is poor it show  ; in msfs ground poly do not support orientation of textures; you can only change texture direction manually; this make if complicate to add roads textures with marking etc etc; and i am not even taking in consideration the fact of performance;  which is another fact in terrain addons;  this was broken after if i remember well after update 7; having said that this update might finally fix that problem; wait and see.

roads addons also add the roads into the vfr map; 

but also let me add; i see people criticizing at forums typing messages; and recognize them at the you know where site; 

that is the nasty behave of some simmers; that are not here to enjoy but to only break; and they pretend - PRETEND - a free ride every day

r taburet

Edited by arsenal82
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Todd2 said:

I bought it and deleted it. Not sure if they fix this but the water masking caused flashing textures so I just deleted it along time ago.  You can download the new tall building in SF on flightsim.to.

last but not least;  count the number of buildings an that package; well  - ONE

and i stop here as this is one of the kind of post that do not make sense to me

but hey ho; one building is good enough as long is  from wasteland of shovel abandonware flightsim.to  is

Edited by arsenal82

23 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

but hey ho; one building is good enough as long is  from wasteland of shovel abandonware flightsim.to  is

You should learn to write at least one complete (and correct) sentence before going out and calling everyone in this thread a "moaner" and "heather" (sic!). You also do not come across very professional, but judging by the quality of your product that's probably because you are not.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You should learn to write at least one complete (and correct) sentence before going out and calling everyone in this thread a "moaner" and "heather" (sic!). You also do not come across very professional, but judging by the quality of your product that's probably because you are not.

i do not even want to comment to your message and ideology behind it; honestly; judging ?

maybe judge less and enjoy more; and to let you know english is not my first language; show some love

Edited by arsenal82

1 hour ago, arsenal82 said:

I did not like your San Fran package and deleted it. I considered it a waste of money compared to other scenery designers.

• Like 2

Just now, Todd2 said:

I did not like your San Fran package and deleted it. I considered it a waste of money compared to other scenery designers.

i perfectly understand; can not please everybody; and by the way; i perfectly understand that some simmers have different needs; i been around for 30 years; i know exactly how it all work;  

why you did not contact me ?

i myself buy addon i do not like; or they not work as they should; if i need i contact those who made them and take it from there;  nobody at this end will side against you because do not like an addon;  if the dev do not replay than is different; i feel you are entitled to complain in forums; as long there is a good reason for it; 

not a good reason is; come here with a flightsim.to agenda; for a scenery of san francisco with ONE bulding added on; and make you believe is a replacement of a scenery that add 200 building to wind you up even more; you have to be careful here because this people side behind you to spoil your day make you believe there are here to help you in fact their idea and target is you not me.

that is why is important you contact those who made the addon rather than follow trolls on this forums; and i personally believe avsim mods always done a very poor job on this respect;  and never moderate personal insults to simmers which english is not their first language.

the only and best way to fix an issue with addons is to contact those who made it; if faulty they have to fix it; if you contact they have to replay;  in the end of the day; you are responsible what you buy; you see how it look before you buy; not liking is not a fault of the scenery is only a personal view of an addon; a view that you have seen before you buy the product.