Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Narry a studder at Heathrow (Inibuilds)

EGLL Inibuilds was always an unflyable studderfest on my low end rig before DX 12 and DLSS. Now its 31 FPS and smooth as glass. Other airports, for instance MSFS Asobo KSFO gets me 51 FPS. Used to be 32. Too much fun!

Half the mesh on fs.to used to be unflyable for me. Not anymore.

You know how sometimes you see an AI airliner on the runway just spinning around? I  remapped 'external view look right'  onto a hat. 'External view look right' on the mouse spins the view in a circle with the mouse, but you can't move the mouse far enough to go round very far. But with that command put onto a hat, it spins the external view plane round and round forever until you let go. So EGLL goes dizzy but not a hiccup and its 32  and smooth for the whole  ride.

Thank you magic DLSS elves!

• Like 6

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Have to agree Miami was studder free last night.. what a joy.  Live traffic and all

Cheers

• Like 3

A short trip from say DeGaulle to Orly and then download beta and repeat. I think about half the users will be astonished at the great results. Others will see nothing to get excited about, or maybe problems. They can just roll back to SU9 and then wait for the official release. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

They can just roll back to SU9 and then wait for the official release. 

Have never used any of the Beta builds, but I've recently got a new system with a 3080Ti, so now DLSS is an option. 

Just wondering how one would go about 'rolling back' to SU9 if there was a problem? 

Regards 

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Sure it’s DLSS and not just DX12? 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

DX12 without any DLSS ended all my stutters for sure. But it did nothing for FPS. But once I realized that DLSS was in the anti aliasing options and turned it on, that's the moment the FPS shot up sky high. 

So yes, you're right, it's DX12 that's curing the stutters. But I don't know enough about how DX12 and DLSS works to understand why that is. 

Edited by Fielder

22 hours ago, Fielder said:

EGLL Inibuilds was always an unflyable studderfest on my low end rig

If what you have is a low end rig ??...  I basically have potato, twig and a rock.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

23 hours ago, Fielder said:

EGLL Inibuilds was always an unflyable studderfest on my low end rig before DX 12 and DLSS. Now its 31 FPS and smooth as glass. Other airports, for instance MSFS Asobo KSFO gets me 51 FPS. Used to be 32. Too much fun!

Half the mesh on fs.to used to be unflyable for me. Not anymore.

You know how sometimes you see an AI airliner on the runway just spinning around? I  remapped 'external view look right'  onto a hat. 'External view look right' on the mouse spins the view in a circle with the mouse, but you can't move the mouse far enough to go round very far. But with that command put onto a hat, it spins the external view plane round and round forever until you let go. So EGLL goes dizzy but not a hiccup and its 32  and smooth for the whole  ride.

I'm not in the BETA but does DLSS and DX12 make things looks blurry? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

DX12 also cured my stutters, but at some airports when my poor 6GB VRAM gets maxed out, frames go down to half. Had to go back to DX11, unfortunately. Need a better GPU for DX12.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

16 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I'm not in the BETA but does DLSS and DX12 make things looks blurry? 

DLSS makes glass displays look a bit blurry, but DX12 by itself does not.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

This difference in the image seems ever so slightly less sharp to me. But then on the other hand the resolution looks finer with more detail. Because I'm using 2K monitor and so DLSS does the image (I believe) in 4K and then displays it in 2K.

As for AI, I'm not up to speed but I think every game has different types of graphics and therefore the DLSS engine does not know how to guess how the next frame might differ from the present frame.  

And as I understand it the AI engine tries to learn to guess better and better, and this process of teaching itself to guess reasonably correctly takes months and has to be done for each different type of game, and is done by the developer.

The engine has a whole lot factors to employ and each factor initially has the same weight.  Then the AI tries assigning lots of different 'weights' for each factor. It then tests each prediction by comparing it to what the next frame actually turns out to be. This learning process is very slow as there are so many factors and so many weights. Eventually the DLSS engine for a particular sim knows how to start creating the next frame before actually being told anything about what it will be. Just by applying its learned algorithm to the  previous frame. Thus FPS is sped up.

I remember the 1st time I tried DX12 in P3D, confidently it was in London's EGLL, with all the ORBX's bells and whistles, and it ran with much higher fps. It was exactly as you described in you OP. I'm more inclined to think that it's your DX12 setting then the AA.

My only concern back then was running out of VRAM.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.