Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

What Works Best For You? SU 10 Beta

What Works Best For You? SU 10 Beta  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What best combo gives you the best performance /quality for Su 10 Beta?

• DX11 + TAA
    • DX11 + DLSS
    • DX12 + TAA
    • DX12+ DLSS
  2. 2. DX 11 or DX 12?

• DX11
    • DX12

4 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

It does but the extent of it depends on the resolution and screen size (starting pixel density). 

On a 27" monitor @ 1080p, if you add DLSS small fonts will certainly appear blurred.

On a 28" monitor @ 4K you won't notice it.

I am in the middle (34" @ 3440x1440) and the blurriness on the gauges is barely noticeable. It's a matter of preference and compromise, there's no "one size fits all". 

On the other hand in my opinion DLSS AI does a good job to reconstruct distant objects such as wind turbines, radio towers and windsocks.

A couple of examples. The original screenshots are 9 MB PNGs.

Here the wind turbines are barely rendered in the TAA screenshot while they are well visible at the same distance in the DLSS one. 

image.png

The second image is a 500% zoomed portion of a screenshot. Besides the better representation of the radar tower you can see that the TAA even produces artifacts (much darker pixels in the lower part of the image, that DLSS prevents.

image.png

You need an nVidia RTX card, it doesn't work with GTX and AMD cards.

I have a Nvidia RTX 2080 Super card

12 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Don't forget to try the mountains around ENHV in order to make sure this setting does not cause terrain flickering 🙂

Yikes, you could have warned me about the short runway, nevertheless I got the 737 off the ground barely. 😁 Anyway I was seeing pretty bad flickering on the terrain and the PMDG 737's gear handle was invisible.

Going to try 4096 now.

Edited by JSmith2112
Typo
  • Like 2

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

DX12+DLSS Quality.   Vsync@30   Ultra settings apart from 120 TLOD.      Super smooth, crispy textures, blurrier glass panels.    I'm not running into GPU limited situations any longer, seem to run into main thread limited situations in the same situations as pre SU10.  Overall it's a massive plus here. Hopefully they work out the blurrier glass screens soon.   

Also we haven't yet got a driver release specifically for  FS2020 DLSS, which all DLSS games I've used so far have had.  Should get some improvement when that happens.

One quick example..  On SU9 sat at Fly Tampa KBOS would have me at near max GPU usage and down to 25 FPS and GPU temps around 75.  Flying low around the area of the airport was stuttery. Overall a far from optimal experience.  SU10 with DX12/DLSS quality,  GPU usage sat in the same spot is 40%, stuck at my locked 30 FPS, panning is smooth, GPU temps low 60's and low flight around the airport is butter.   

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Don't forget to try the mountains around ENHV in order to make sure this setting does not cause terrain flickering 🙂

It's better with 4096 but there is still a bit of flashing textures here and there. I guess the UI slider is deliberately capped at 2048 for now.

• Like 1

I can't wait to test DX12. This will test the will of Titan X Pascal. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

That looks good to me ( i am not on the beta but on 4K aswell ) also sharpnes looks well witin the cockpit - so far from that vid )

I guess 4k users need DLSS the most anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if a beta update drops with AMDs FSR at some stage so the AMD (and Nvidia) users get to try that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Greazer said:

Set the textures to medium, does it fix the artifacts?

Is anyone seeing artifacts with DX12 + DLSS + 3080 Ti ?     (what texture setting?)

I was seeing artifacts and then lowered texture resolution down from Ultra to High and haven't seen them again.  3080ti.

• Like 1

Ryan

Do you guys think that with SU 10, NVIDIA could help fix some things on the driver side that could help in MSFS? Especially for DLSS & the DX 12 improvements? 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

4 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Do you guys think that with SU 10, NVIDIA could help fix some things on the driver side that could help in MSFS? Especially for DLSS & the DX 12 improvements? 

No doubt that a specific driver update for DLSS in MSFS will be coming and fix some issues.  Every other title that introduced DLSS had a driver release at the same time.  We'll probably have to wait for SU10's official release and we'll get a new driver I would think.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Hey all! I would love to get your input around SU 10 Beta. Thanks!

Once I Got rid of AIG in my Community folder it’s been great esp DX12. I have GTX1080ti so no DLSS but TAA is giving me better FPS and smoothness thank DX11