Sign in to follow this  
AerOdyssey

F-14B in action even if does not worth it

I'm so disapointed by Dc Designs, I don't understand how Microsoft all this developer on the Market Place, I did this cinematic video but believe me the flight model and low cockpit texture are very bad 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

@AerOdyssey 

First of all, that's a cool video, and the Tomcat doesn't spoil it! 
Secondly, I don't know what you are expecting, but this isn't DCS, and you aren't paying DCS prices, so I think you are being a bit unfair.
Third, there are no weapon loadouts available when bought from the marketplace - you really need to buy from outside of the marketplace (JustFlight etc.), you can then display weapons such as Sidewinders etc.
Fourth, there is a lot worse than this on the marketplace.
Fifth, if you want to make these types of videos (military), then DCS is better.  Although, be prepared to pay a lot more money for the aircraft unless they are on sale.

• Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

@AerOdyssey 

First of all, that's a cool video, and the Tomcat doesn't spoil it! 
Secondly, I don't know what you are expecting, but this isn't DCS, and you aren't paying DCS prices, so I think you are being a bit unfair.
Third, there are no weapon loadouts available when bought from the marketplace - you really need to buy from outside of the marketplace (JustFlight etc.), you can then display weapons such as Sidewinders etc.
Fourth, there is a lot worse than this on the marketplace.
Fifth, if you want to make these types of videos (military), then DCS is better.  Although, be prepared to pay a lot more money for the aircraft unless they are on sale.

Thanks for your feeddback, I can't imagine that in 2022 we could have such a bad cockpit. I feel like I have an FSX plane. i think microsoft should study more seriously what they offer at the risk of transforming the market place into ali baba's cave

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Nice video! Too bad about the Tomcat.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

the market place into ali baba's cave

The marketplace IS Ali's cave - all they check is that it installs and it doesn't show any weapons. There are some appalling 'products' on it, MS doesn't care.

The DC Tomcat is a pretty good flying machine and meets it's intended customers needs, DC are upfront about what they offer and engage with the community with continuous improvements. It's not for rivet counters or weapons freaks...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

15 hours ago, AerOdyssey said:

I'm so disapointed by Dc Designs, I don't understand how Microsoft all this developer on the Market Place, I did this cinematic video but believe me the flight model and low cockpit texture are very bad 

Sorry, but you made a cinematic video that shows off the plane in all respects including a dramatic soundtrack and then in the last 8 seconds bring in a title that says "Don't waste your money"?

Quite the bizarre mixed message.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

7 hours ago, keithb77 said:

The marketplace IS Ali's cave - all they check is that it installs and it doesn't show any weapons. There are some appalling 'products' on it, MS doesn't care.

The DC Tomcat is a pretty good flying machine and meets it's intended customers needs, DC are upfront about what they offer and engage with the community with continuous improvements. It's not for rivet counters or weapons freaks...

I'm not agree, Dc Designs is racing whoever will release the plane first to corner the market at the expense of quality. This is a way of doing things that is completely toxic to us consumers and to high quality developers.

4 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Sorry, but you made a cinematic video that shows off the plane in all respects including a dramatic soundtrack and then in the last 8 seconds bring in a title that says "Don't waste your money"?

I made this cinematic because I like the F-14, but you will notice that I filmed very little inside just like on the video of the concorde which is on my channel. I don't want to mislead the viewer into thinking the plane is great when it's poor quality.

• Like 1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

1 hour ago, AerOdyssey said:

I don't want to mislead the viewer into thinking the plane is great when it's poor quality.

I can respect that. 

racing whoever will release the plane first to corner the market at the expense of quality. This is a way of doing things that is completely toxic to us consumers and to high quality developers.

Like Milviz and the Porter perhaps?...

In fact no-one else has even suggested they were doing an F-14, nor a Stearman, F-15 or F-16, though I think there is a Concorde from someone else rumoured.

We'll just have to disagree....

6 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Almost like something you might find in Ali Baba's cave...

Marketplace has and allows even worse quality products, not sure why folks hold MS Marketplace to any sort of prestige standards, just because it's an official storefront.

MSFS Marketplace itself isn't exactly high quality either. 

It's simply another place to sell 3rd party addons and receive a percentage of the addon developer's money....PERIOD.

As far as DC Designs products, the developer is pretty transparent on the lack of skill and quality of visuals of the products.

YOU decided to purchase it anyway and hold it to DCS standards....that's on YOU!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Unfortunately the market place is the only access route for the young generation on Xbox. Presenting such bad planes to our young generation is not flattering for our simulator and our passion.

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

On 8/2/2022 at 4:13 PM, AerOdyssey said:

... you will notice that I filmed very little inside.. . I don't want to mislead the viewer into thinking the plane is great when it's poor quality.

SO, you made a very good looking video (congratulations, seriously), and then don't show viewers why they shouldn't buy the aircraft?

I'm confused.

But I guess this thread increases your views...

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 8/9/2022 at 10:23 PM, 109Sqn said:

and then don't show viewers why they shouldn't buy the aircraft?

Thank you for your comments, I made this video because I like to make beautiful cinematic videos but I don't want the consumer to be fooled by the lack of quality 

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

You're welcome, but I'm no less confused!

😊

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)