Sign in to follow this  
Frag

Aerosoft Twin Otter and the GTN 750 GPS

Hi guys,

I do fly the Aerosoft Twin Otter from time to time in FS2020. I am in LOVE with that aircraft in real life, but yeah ... was quite disappointed with their version. Anyway, I do still fly it from time to time to complete some OnAir Manager missions.

I cannot stand the 530 GPS and would like to use freeware GTN 750 instead. Anyone in here stumbled on a mod to do that GPS switch? 

This is the GPS I am talking about ...

https://pms50.com/msfs/downloads/gtn750-basic/

Thanks

8 hours ago, btacon said:

saw this on the Aerosoft Twin Otter forum on this very topic. Supposedly this mod integrates the PMS GTN not the 530 bezel. 

YMMV. TANSTAAFL

https://flightsim.to/file/13415/jds-gtn750-on-gns530-mod

-B

You are a savior btacon!!!!

This mod is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Super easy install too. 

Thank you very much, I owe you a beer on that one! 🍺

1 hour ago, Frag said:

You are a savior btacon!!!!

Heh!  Not a savior, I’m just an avid Flight Simulator enthusiast who reads a lot of forum posts!

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

I would ditch the TWotter and go for a real plane like the FSW Cessna 414 AW.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

sp

I will keep the Twin Otter and the Cessna 414AW Conquest.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On 8/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Sky_Pilot071 said:

sp

LOL!! Ironically the Flightsimware Cessna 414 is my main aircraft in FS2020. I mainly only use that plane in OnAir Manager. However, from time to time, I need to get the Twin Otter for some payload reason.

I wish Flightsimware or Milviz would do the twin otter and show aerosoft how a successful aircraft is made.

Edited by Frag
  • Like 2

In SU9 the FT+ sound pack worked fine with the T Otter and help make it bearable. (Why wasn't this banned by Aerosoft?). But you had to put the Twotter in the Official folder to get it to work. With SU10 the plane no longer shows with the files in the Official folder and they have to go in the Community folder so I doubt the sound pack will work? I've yet to try it.

Edited by jarmstro

12 hours ago, jarmstro said:

In SU9 the FT+ sound pack worked fine with the T Otter and help make it bearable. (Why wasn't this banned by Aerosoft?). But you had to put the Twotter in the Official folder to get it to work. With SU10 the plane no longer shows with the files in the Official folder and they have to go in the Community folder so I doubt the sound pack will work? I've yet to try it.

Good to know! What is the sound files you are talking about?

"Good to know! What is the sound files you are talking about?"

The ones from FTSim+. You'll have to Google it. They are a bugger to get because you have to join Patreon but they are rather good. Maddog, Bandierante and CRJ also on offer.  Traumatic to install by and large.

Edited by jarmstro

"Sorry no plans for that at this moment. - Posted Saturday at 01:37 PM"

Was thinking of the Otter but wow just baffled on how this doesn't and probably will never support the GTN's, I mean even the PAC P-750 took days after release to support it in 1.0.1. every other main developer seems to be supporting it, even Black Square put it in the C208 which is probably going to be my next purchase instead of the Otter.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

THe sounds are one thing but the terrible flight model with the invisible airbrakes in certain prop configurations kills it for me. i am not able to fly one stable approach. Either im fighting with 60 knots or suddenly with 100 knots speed. cant hold anything between.

In P3D the Aerosoft Twin Otter was my all time favorite. This one is terrible.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Yeah the Aersosoft Twotter was an insta-regret purchase for me. And that was in a 40%-off sale too. I'd be livid if I'd paid full price. Still, it's an iconic aircraft. There has been talk of them fixing the sounds, but I won't hold by breath. Also to add to the list of complaints, the interactive checklists don't work either.

Edited by s0cks

37 minutes ago, s0cks said:

Yeah the Aersosoft Twotter was an insta-regret purchase for me. And that was in a 40%-off sale too. I'd be livid if I'd paid full price. Still, it's an iconic aircraft. There has been talk of them fixing the sounds, but I won't hold by breath. Also to add to the list of complaints, the interactive checklists don't work either.

There's been talk of fixing the sounds before it was even released but the amount if lies told by Aerosoft staff about the plane & it's issues makes me suspect they have no intention of fixing them and likely never did.

Edited by Matchstick

Yes, i assume already this product is abandoned by them. A lot of excuses, its Asobos failure, its customers failure...

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder