Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

ATC Program Survey

Which ATC program are you using   

284 members have voted

1. 1. What ATC Program are you using in MSFS?

Once this is completed, you should post it on the official forum @Bobsk8

Maybe it will push MS/Asobo a little to make it better. They might still think that most (study) simmers use Vatsim. Also, I bet many of the "Don't use any ATC program" would use the default if it was working well.

Edited by Gerwil
most into many, and MS/Asobo make it better

50% used default, I didn't expect it to be that high.  See I don't want to run another program or talk to real people so I just use default.  But if we are honest the ATC in FS has never been good. 

I was very disappointed in the ATC after the discover series videos talked it up.  I though, this is just FSX ATC again.

17 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

Once this is completed, you should post it on the official forum @Bobsk8

Maybe it will push them a little. They might still think that most (study) simmers use Vatsim. Also, I bet many of the "Don't use any ATC program" would use the default if it was working well.

I can't imagine even flying without using some type of  ATC, either something like PF3 which I use, or even default. No ATC at all, talk about an immersion breaker. ???

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

Pilot2ATC,  best of all

What in that program impresses you the most? I found the voices robotic so I tried PF3 which I have stayed with.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Like I mentioned, I haven't really looked into PF3 (or any of the other ATC addons). But today I just browsed through the PF3 website and found this: 

PF3 comes complete with 119 voice sets covering 26 geographic regions in the PF3 world

Wow. That's quite impressive. I think the MSFS voices sounds good, but of course there's almost no variation. As they have a "try before you buy" option I'll give it a go. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

10 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

What in that program impresses you the most? I found the voices robotic so I tried PF3 which I have stayed with.

For me it was ease of use and the fact it's voice controlled (which I wasn't looking for at the time).

Does IFR well, just create your flightplan without procedures file it and go. If it's a decent day I can even cancel IFR and go VFR on approach.

I did the trial of PF3 and P2ATC at the same time, and P2ATC was the winner by a large margin. YMMV.

G

• Like 2

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

14 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The issue that got me with Pilot 2 ATC is spending a fortune on getting voices for it. PF3 came with over 100 controller voices. I think you get 2 or 3 with Pilot 2 ATC. Then it is $35 a voice, last time I looked. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Like I mentioned, I haven't really looked into PF3 (or any of the other ATC addons). But today I just browsed through the PF3 website and found this: 

PF3 comes complete with 119 voice sets covering 26 geographic regions in the PF3 world

Wow. That's quite impressive. I think the MSFS voices sounds good, but of course there's almost no variation. As they have a "try before you buy" option I'll give it a go. 

Now the demo only has 4 voices, and they are not the best voices, so keep that in mind. 

29 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Speech Recognition

Copilot Handling the Communication (as requested)

Detailed Flight Planning , Aproaches and Departures

Interaction with FS Chatter

Export & Import Flight Plans

Moving Map

Metar Info (Weather info)

Ease of Use 

Interaction with ATC (change route, enroute decent,...)

Ability to add new voices (Windows , Ivona, etc.) (of course it would be nice to have the app with many voice options included)

and more...

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

3 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Speech Recognition

Copilot Handling the Communication (as requested)

Detailed Flight Planning , Aproaches and Departures

Interaction with FS Chatter

Export & Import Flight Plans

Ease of Use 

Interaction with ATC (change route, enroute decent,...)

Ability to add new voices (Windows , Ivona, etc.) (of course it would be nice to have the app with many voice options included)

and more...

PF3 does almost all the items you mentioned, except flight planing, which I do with Simbrief. 

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Now the demo only has 4 voices, and they are not the best voices, so keep that in mind. 

I will. Once I get the demo to work. So far I'm getting an error message. And I had to turn my antivirus software off for it to complete the installation. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

PF3 does almost all the items you mentioned, except flight planing, which I do with Simbrief. 

Does PF3 dynamically assign SIDs / STARs / Approaches now?

Got it in my head that it didn't, although that may be down to the fact I didn't manage to get it to do that during the trial...

G

Just now, Gazzareth said:

Does PF3 dynamically assign SIDs / STARs / Approaches now?

Got it in my head that it didn't, although that may be down to the fact I didn't manage to get it to do that during the trial...

G

No, you get them from your flight plan or charts. 

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

No, you get them from your flight plan or charts. 

Guess I made right choice then, had assumed it was because I wasn't familiar.

G