Sign in to follow this  
Mike...

Proflight 2000 Emulator coming : realistic ATC for FSX and Fs9 ! !

>>Beta Tester Proflight 2000 EmulatorJust wondering what is the difference between this and VOX ATC whichI am quite pleased with.Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Aspire 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshFS Genesis Land ClassActive SkyRC4

Question about the product itself - It's mainly the base product created for FS2000, however, they've updated it to work in FS9/FSX and added features?Also, how are the voices? Are they generated like the MS or RC voices? Honestly, I find the MS voices to be very good once they've been speeded up. They actually sound very natural when using EditVoicePack. The RC voices, although real, have a varying degree of volume and tonal quality. Also, despite the increase of speed patch, I still find they are somewhat incongruent. Also, I never owned the 2000 version, so will the deluxe version include the entire package? And when will it be available?Thanks

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest BobKK

Wow, sign me up for this product. I was a big fan of Proflight 2000 way back when, especially the incorporation of SIDS/STARS.Of course, PF 2000 used "adventures" so the fact that this edition will be more integrated with FSX sounds great.This will definitely be on my buy list.Bob

Guest Dave March

Hi Jim,The initial release does a pretty good job at controlling ground and air traffic during the approach phase. It is also aware of ground traffic and air traffic during takeoff phase.CheersDave March Email:dmarch@oncourse-software.co.ukFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

Guest BobKK

Dave,Will the new PF 2000 be compatible with add-on AI programs? For example, I'm using Traffic 2005 from Just Flight. Will those AI aircraft be visible, and heard, while utilizing PF 2000?Thanks.Bob

Guest Dave March

Hi Chris,The actual ProFlight program hasn't changed at all. What has changed a great deal is the ATC part of the program. It is no longer an Adventure file but a standalone program that will work with any version of Flight Simulator... at least it has been tested with FS2000, FS9 and FSX so I'm assuming it will also work with FS2002 and probably FS98 too.The voice sets was, IMHO, one of the many strengths of ProFlight. 43 different voice sets recorded by many different nationalities. I will try to get some samples uploaded to the PFE website before release so you can hear them for yourself.Yes the deluxe version is the complete package... PFE + ProFlight 2000, which has been licensed for distribution by the original publisher and developers or PF2KI'm hoping for a release date before the end of the month, we just waiting to get the e-commerce and support forum in place, which means it could be any day now!CheersDave March Email:dmarch@oncourse-software.co.ukFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

Guest s0436

And you don't have to use STAR/SIDs, right? I'm no expert, I just want a nice IFR/GPS with ILS approach flight plan (generated through the "flight planner" in FSX) and then incorporate a more sophisticated ATC set-up which I am sure PFE will have.

>Hi Chris,>>>Cheers>>Dave March>FDC Website:>http://www.oncourse-software.co.ukIt sounds very nice, and those audio examples will help for sure. I'm excited by what I've heard so far, and I'm looking forward to purchasing this product. :) Thanks for the quick response to my questions.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

>Yes the deluxe version is the complete package... PFE +>ProFlight 2000, which has been licensed for distribution by>the original publisher and developers or PF2K>>I'm hoping for a release date before the end of the month, we>just waiting to get the e-commerce and support forum in place,>which means it could be any day now!>>Cheers>>Dave March>> >Email:>dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk>>FDC Website:>http://www.oncourse-software.co.ukDave, I still have a new unopened box of ProFlight 2000 somewhere on the shelf. Does it mean I can somehow use the CD with your newer add-on? Or it's not relevant? Thanks.

Guest Dave March

If you still have a working copy of ProFlight 2000 then you only need PFE Standard edition, if not you will need PFE Deluxe edition.CheersDave March Email:dmarch@oncourse-software.co.ukFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

Guest rap777

Hi Craig!Same here.There is just something really cool about not having to push buttons to talk to the ATC (Except the push to talk button of course)The new speech engine in Vista makes it almost 100 percent recognition. Like in the real world you must speak as clearly as possible and pay attention but it is GREAT!Wonder if Proflight 2000 Emulator also makes use of the speech recognition engine?I could not get this information clearly from the website.I guess we have to wait and see.Regards and God blessAlfred

Hello How fast will the ATC speech be?Please say it wont be FS Dirge,and if it is will we be able to speed it up with Editvoicepak as i do now with both FS9 and XCheers AndyPS as you are a UK software company (Hooray!)any chance this product will be available in GAME stores as Just flights products are.Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>If you still have a working copy of ProFlight 2000 then you>only need PFE Standard edition, if not you will need PFE>Deluxe edition.>>Cheers>>Dave March>> >>Email:>dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk>>FDC Website:>http://www.oncourse-software.co.ukPFE Standard will be a Download I hope?Thanks.