Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

You might start understanding that, before an airplane can be used, you must first create a configuration for it, if it's not internally supported by GSX. Is that a PMDG 737-600 ? If yes, its config is not yet in the default database that comes with GSX, since it came out very recently and we really didn't had time to add it in time for release, but we'll surely do.  The -700 is fully supported.

Ah,..if it doesn't yet support the PMDG 737-600 then I'll have to hold off purchasing this product. My main purpose of wanting GSX Pro was to use it with my PMDG B736.

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

Well, FWIW I made my first install 10 minutes ago, no problems encountered. It seems that the Cloudflare servers have caught up.

For those that installed earlier, this procedure (posted by Umberto at the official forums) seems to have worked:

Try a complete removal:.
- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer
- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel
- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder
- Run the installer again.

For me this was the only way to get GSX running, but now other problems coming up.

Although I disabled gsx jetways I get a mix of both in EDDM for example. In LDZA jetways now doesn‘t move anymore….list to be continued when I have time.

I hope this addon does not have destroyed my rocksolid msfs installation.

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

I am also seeing dual jetways. What is the best setting to get rid of one of them? Right now I do not really care which one is showing as long as I only see one.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

37 minutes ago, Tailwinds said:

Ah,..if it doesn't yet support the PMDG 737-600 then I'll have to hold off purchasing this product. My main purpose of wanting GSX Pro was to use it with my PMDG B736.

You are aware that it takes only about 5-10 Mins to properly set up any plane you want using the GSX editor? You can not expect that GSX provides configs for each and every addon plane available... other option is to wait for other users sharing their -600 config online, pretty sure tons of such GSX configs will appear on the known pages in the near future...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

BTW, what would really interest me: is there any already known conflict when using GSX PRO for MSFS and GSX Level 2 for P3D on the very same rig? I still did not dare to get rid of my full blown P3D installation so far...

• Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

13 minutes ago, espent said:

I am also seeing dual jetways. What is the best setting to get rid of one of them? Right now I do not really care which one is showing as long as I only see one.

I think you can remove the GSX one's in the settings for GSX ( I noticed a setting for it last night) How we pick between either i am not too sure for 3rd party addon airports.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Puh... even on some more tries I get nothing that looks like proper action. Several planes and several airports tested. Only pushback appearing with pink side texture. Couatl running. Menu only appering on first click, sometimes with heavy delay. One try I got the boarding message minutes later out of the nothing... but otherwise nothing happening. And couatl debug window telling me a lot of weird things. Perhaps the setup process is still broken (first install one hour ago) or somethings going wrong here for sure. Last test loaded up with the 700 at flightbeams EDDN its loading default EDDN and missing everything except the pushback with missing texture.

Cheers

T.

Spoiler

Loading airport EDDN from \\?\E:\MSFS Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0601\APX50140.bgl
Creating model cache...
Model cache loaded
SharedMemInterface created
Searching for jetways...
22 StaticObject found
onEnteredAirport EDDN
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_Traffic_Cone2'
CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_Traffic_Cone2'
simbrief_username setting is missing from Couatladdons.ini, cannot integrate with SimBrief
aircraftEngaged
emulateMenu_MSFS
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE 3
channel.balance =  -1
PMDG_Handler.onBoardingRequested()
PMDG MENU
MacroStep 623 1
PMDG RSK 5
MacroStep 616 1
PMDG RSK 1
MacroStep 612 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1
removing PMDG Stairs 1L
PMDG LSK 1
MacroStep 606 1
emulateText_MSFS [GSX] Boarding requested 2.0
Total payload:36097 lbs.
Estimated number of passengers =  165
Requested assistance services at Gate 15
Error: no model for Couatl type Staircase available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isCargoStand': False, 'isCargo': False, 'exitAlt': 2.769326917821154, 'parkingRadius': 23.0}
Error: no model for Couatl type Staircase available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isCargoStand': False, 'isCargo': False, 'exitAlt': 3.125133153333286, 'parkingRadius': 23.0}
Error: no model for Couatl type BaggageLoader available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isMainCargo': False, 'ULDCode': '', 'exitAlt': 1.3903499486370872, 'parkingRadius': 18.400000000000002}
Error: no model for Couatl type BaggageLoader available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isMainCargo': False, 'ULDCode': '', 'exitAlt': 1.7596255788805106, 'parkingRadius': 18.400000000000002}
Error: no model for Couatl type PassengerBus available for ICAO EDDN and params {'numPassengers': 6, 'parkingRadius': 23.0}
emulateMenu_MSFS
emulateMenu_MSFS CHOICE 1
channel.balance =  -1
Error: no model of type BaggageTractor installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 3992, in willMaterialize
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 282, in materialize
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 81, in materialize
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 689, in makeTrain
  File ".\common\train.py", line 56, in __init__
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 990, in getModelForCouatlType
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed
common.modelCustomization.NoModelInstalled: No model of type BaggageTractor is currently installed

10 minutes ago, AnkH said:

You are aware that it takes only about 5-10 Mins to properly set up any plane you want using the GSX editor? You can not expect that GSX provides configs for each and every addon plane available... other option is to wait for other users sharing their -600 config online, pretty sure tons of such GSX configs will appear on the known pages in the near future...

This product ain't cheap and I don't want to be spending time setting up planes. 

There are too many issues anyway for me to even think about making a purchase right now.

Edited by Tailwinds
  • Like 2

As for double jetways, marketplace/premium airports, configuring aircraft (if they are not yet configured) etc., please read the manual. It's really all written there.

It's working fine for me by the way, but I understand this hasn't been the smoothest release.

• Like 1

I want to use the Auto Services option so I have selected that in the settings but what service do I start with to get it going? The manual says to use Deboarding or Boarding, so I tried Boarding and it loaded passengers and cargo first but no catering or fuel came...I had to request those manually.  

Ryan

31 minutes ago, espent said:

In the FSDT installer, click on "config" on the line of GSX. Then in the new window on "exclude 3rd party". After that check if on the right column all your 3rd party airports are inserted. If not, do it manually (from the left column). Click on "apply" after you're done.

also for @Severne do the same with EDDM and LDZA. And don't worry, GSX changes absolutely nothing with your airports or community folder, so it cannot destroy your installation. If it inserts jetways, it does so by adding them "on top" and not overwriting or deleting any files of your scenery. No worries.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Puh... even on some more tries I get nothing that looks like proper action. Several planes and several airports tested. Only pushback appearing with pink side texture. Couatl running. Menu only appering on first click, sometimes with heavy delay. One try I got the boarding message minutes later out of the nothing... but otherwise nothing happening. And couatl debug window telling me a lot of weird things. Perhaps the setup process is still broken (first install one hour ago) or somethings going wrong here for sure. Last test loaded up with the 700 at flightbeams EDDN its loading default EDDN and missing everything except the pushback with missing texture.

Cheers

T.

Reveal hidden contents

Loading airport EDDN from \\?\E:\MSFS Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0601\APX50140.bgl
Creating model cache...
Model cache loaded
Searching for jetways...
22 StaticObject found
onEnteredAirport EDDN
simbrief_username setting is missing from Couatladdons.ini, cannot integrate with SimBrief
aircraftEngaged
emulateMenu_MSFS
channel.balance =  -1
PMDG MENU
MacroStep 623 1
PMDG RSK 5
MacroStep 616 1
PMDG RSK 1
MacroStep 612 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1
removing PMDG Stairs 1L
PMDG LSK 1
MacroStep 606 1
Error: no model for Couatl type Staircase available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isCargoStand': False, 'isCargo': False, 'exitAlt': 2.769326917821154, 'parkingRadius': 23.0}
Error: no model for Couatl type Staircase available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isCargoStand': False, 'isCargo': False, 'exitAlt': 3.125133153333286, 'parkingRadius': 23.0}
Error: no model for Couatl type BaggageLoader available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isMainCargo': False, 'ULDCode': '', 'exitAlt': 1.3903499486370872, 'parkingRadius': 18.400000000000002}
Error: no model for Couatl type BaggageLoader available for ICAO EDDN and params {'isMainCargo': False, 'ULDCode': '', 'exitAlt': 1.7596255788805106, 'parkingRadius': 18.400000000000002}
Error: no model for Couatl type PassengerBus available for ICAO EDDN and params {'numPassengers': 6, 'parkingRadius': 23.0}
emulateMenu_MSFS
channel.balance =  -1

Exactly the same for me...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

As for double jetways, marketplace/premium airports, configuring aircraft (if they are not yet configured) etc., please read the manual. It's really all written there.

this is whats holding me back from buying as i have a good  few airports from the marketplace, its a shame there isnt a button what disables gsx to not place any of there jetways in the sim, 3rd part or default

Edited by steve 86
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Cheers

T.

Reveal hidden contents

Creating model cache...
Model cache loaded
Searching for jetways...
22 StaticObject found
onEnteredAirport EDDN
aircraftEngaged
emulateMenu_MSFS
channel.balance =  -1
PMDG MENU
MacroStep 623 1
PMDG RSK 5
MacroStep 616 1
PMDG RSK 1
MacroStep 612 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1
NEXT_PAGE
MacroStep 632 1
removing PMDG Stairs 1L
PMDG LSK 1
MacroStep 606 1
emulateMenu_MSFS
channel.balance =  -1

Pink textures indicate a missing texture -> failed install. I suggest the following:

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

As for why default EDDN is loading - this has nothing to do with GSX. GSX does not affect what airports are loaded, actually GSX does not change anything in the community folder at all.

1 minute ago, steve 86 said:

this is whats holding me back from buying as i have a good  few airports from the marketplace, its a shame there isnt a button what disables gsx to not place any of there jetways in the sim, 

There is a button that does exactly this! "Exclude 3rdparty" it is called and works perfectly for me. There's no need for double jetways anywhere.

Marketplace airports however do not work at all at the moment for encryption reasons, this is unrelated to jetways.. There is however a workaround (the dev just needs to send you one file).

Edited by Fiorentoni