Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

X-Plane 12 Mobile Released

We're getting closer to the desktop version 😁

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/x-plane-flight-simulator/id566661426

• Incredibly realistic V12 Flight Model from soon-to-be-released X-Plane Desktop!

• One of the fastest business jets created...the Citation X! Fully functional with top tier sound quality.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

We're getting closer to the desktop version 😁

So long as we don't get a surprise announcement that X-Plane 12 will be mobile only 🤪

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

So long as we don't get a surprise announcement that X-Plane 12 will be mobile only 🤪

I don't think so, but probably the desktop versions will take a while longer ...

I'd say we won't get desktop before the end of september ( ? )

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Recently purchased an iPad Pro. Got to admit, XP mobile looks pretty decent on it and runs well. Good for a few minutes of easing boredom, but definitely a good thing of bringing more people into the hobby

• Like 3

How does it do the Moon phases ?

🤪

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

11 hours ago, steve310002 said:

But it's not a game! 😄

10 hours ago, jcomm said:

I don't think so, but probably the desktop versions will take a while longer ...

I'd say we won't get desktop before the end of september ( ? )

Didn't they say something about end of August?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Didn't they say something about end of August?

Yup, said in the next 30 days about 30 days ago.

• Like 2

He did indeed, so sometime this week is very plausible. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

40 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Yup, said in the next 30 days about 30 days ago.

Well... I guess we can still wait a few days or even weeks. 😉 Personally, I don't have much time for simming recently anyway. But it'll be nice to have a sim with a polished flight model soon. Just hope the Toliss will run on it soon after release.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are on our way to the good stuff on desktop.  Tak Sethos.!!!

Edited by Paul Deluca

Possibly the most nuanced change log I've ever read.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

15 hours ago, Paul Deluca said:

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are on our way to the good stuff on desktop.  Tak Sethos.!!!

don't expect big new changes like microsoft did with fsx to msfs.  xplane focuses more on aircraft/flight simulation, not pretty visuals👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beerz said:

don't expect big new changes like microsoft did with fsx to msfs.  xplane focuses more on aircraft/flight simulation, not pretty visuals👍

Exactly,

I intend to use XP12 pretty much as I do use IL-2 Great Battles which is still the most advanced prop and ww2 era jet / rocket aircraft simulator I ever used...

I believe XP12 will bring some really great graphic enhancements regarding weather and lighting, as well as autogen, plus a built from scratch ATC system, detailled and high quality sounds, services at airports, etc...

But above all X-Plane has always been ahead of competition in offering by default and through it's core FDE a much more detailled and accurate flight and systems modeling platform.

I will use it mostly as a "test tool" rather than as a "simulate pretending being a pilot doing it's job" thing....

I'll use it to be able to get more realistic systems and aerodynamics than what I get with MFS, and although I confess I AM IN LOVE with MFS, Love hasn't made me blind.... I am well aware of what I have to drop in order to be able to enjoy the spectacular environment for flight simulation MFS offers, and I know I will start XP12 whenever the "business" is testing or getting a better feel of how the real thing acts, being it fixed wing or rotary, although I am well aware that MFS is debuting in realistic rotary flight dynamics anytime soon...

X-Plane 12 is a niche simulator. It's a proof of concept, a creation from someone who I do respect since years, and now developed by an even bigger and more enthusiastic Team @ LR.

I am sure it'll be a success in my simmer life 🙂

Want to taste the true feel of flying a ww2 fighter / bomber ?.... IL-2 will always be my choice, until proof to the contrary...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Where's the beef?..........................................................

Jim Morgan

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Exactly,

I intend to use XP12 pretty much as I do use IL-2 Great Battles which is still the most advanced prop and ww2 era jet / rocket aircraft simulator I ever used...

I believe XP12 will bring some really great graphic enhancements regarding weather and lighting, as well as autogen, plus a built from scratch ATC system, detailled and high quality sounds, services at airports, etc...

But above all X-Plane has always been ahead of competition in offering by default and through it's core FDE a much more detailled and accurate flight and systems modeling platform.

I will use it mostly as a "test tool" rather than as a "simulate pretending being a pilot doing it's job" thing....

I'll use it to be able to get more realistic systems and aerodynamics than what I get with MFS, and although I confess I AM IN LOVE with MFS, Love hasn't made me blind.... I am well aware of what I have to drop in order to be able to enjoy the spectacular environment for flight simulation MFS offers, and I know I will start XP12 whenever the "business" is testing or getting a better feel of how the real thing acts, being it fixed wing or rotary, although I am well aware that MFS is debuting in realistic rotary flight dynamics anytime soon...

X-Plane 12 is a niche simulator. It's a proof of concept, a creation from someone who I do respect since years, and now developed by an even bigger and more enthusiastic Team @ LR.

I am sure it'll be a success in my simmer life 🙂

Want to taste the true feel of flying a ww2 fighter / bomber ?.... IL-2 will always be my choice, until proof to the contrary...

Same here... While using MSFS, XP user since V7. Lighting for example, if it is like thay say, will be physics based. Same for water. No to mention the improvements on Flight model...

• Like 1