Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Evans

AIG Ai question in MSFS.

2 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I may have missed a memo somewhere. AIGTC rarely does NOT crash for me. It's got like a 96% crash rate. As part of my troubleshooting, I completely reinstalled and only downloaded about a dozen airlines. Are you guys saying I need more?  

Lol I think my crash rate rate is about the same 😅 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Lol I think my crash rate rate is about the same 😅 

That's wonderful ! Misery loves company, lol. Glad I'm not alone. And I'm sorry... 😁

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

11 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I may have missed a memo somewhere. AIGTC rarely does NOT crash for me. It's got like a 96% crash rate. As part of my troubleshooting, I completely reinstalled and only downloaded about a dozen airlines. Are you guys saying I need more?  

If AIGTC crashes you do NOT have to reinstall and download airlines again...! The AI Manager and the Controller are two totally seperated apps. So the Controller not working well has nothing to do with the data that the Manager installed on your computer. Making changes to the Manager or the installed data won't make the Controller work better. Best solution is to simply not use the Controller but for instance default MSFS AI: it will use the AIG models and textures just as well. I myself let FSHud inject the traffic and it also uses AIG stuff only. Works like a charm and never locks up. Which proves the problem lies ONLY with the Controller.

And yes, you need more. The airlines are linked to flightplans and hence to airports. If you download a dozen European airlines and than take off somewhere in China you most probably won't see any traffic there. If you want to see a realistic amount of traffic all over the world you really need to download and install ALL airlines. At least if you use the Controller of FSHud. I am not sure if MSFS simply uses what you have installed anywhere in the world.

Someone somewhere else summed it up well (paraphrasing): The fact that the AIG software exists and is free is fantastic for all of us. But, and a big but it is, it is some of the least optimized, inefficient and unstable software ever seen.

I used AIG Manager for the liveries, with realtime online AI traffic for a while but frankly was underwhelmed by the AI's lack of good traffic on the ground and too few aircraft actually moving.

So, I recently decided to give AIG Traffic Controller a shot and have really loved it's potential. I flew around YSSY last night and the life at the stands and the movement for take off and landing was simply amazing! I have all the flight plans downloaded and all the airlines represented looked "right."

Unfortunately, that was the one time everything has worked well. I have had numerous CTDs for the Controller app (which is generally painful because of how inefficient it is and how long it takes to load, but isn't a deal breaker), and numerous CTDs for the sim (which frankly is a deal breaker). I'm trying to give it a few more flights, but I may have to uninstall the Controller if it continues to be this unstable. I might reinstall it to see if it gets better, as I love the potential. But my patience is wearing thin.

2 hours ago, tup61 said:

I am not sure if MSFS simply uses what you have installed anywhere in the world.

It does. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It does. 

Okay, well, FSHud doesn't as far as I can tell so FSHud, just like the AIG Controller, will only show you aircraft you'd expect at an airport. That's nice. I took off last weekend from an airport in Italy after only installing a few AIG models and liveries and there were only two Easyjet aircraft in view. With the entire package installed there are a lot more aircraft!

15 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Okay, well, FSHud doesn't as far as I can tell so FSHud, just like the AIG Controller, will only show you aircraft you'd expect at an airport. That's nice. I took off last weekend from an airport in Italy after only installing a few AIG models and liveries and there were only two Easyjet aircraft in view. With the entire package installed there are a lot more aircraft!

What I meant was that MSFS seems to use accurate liveries depending on where you are in the world. The problem is when AIG has no livery for a particular flight. But with AIG's huge collection, that's pretty rare. It works well as long as live AI traffic is on and parked aircraft is off.

Side note:  I just departed from arrived in Anchorage with FSHud and there were quite a few airliners parked as well as in the air. Using default settings (amount of aircraft etc) for now. On my departure from Anchorage I decided to use default ATC as FSHud seems to get stuck quite often on certain responses, which are repeated endlessly. I really have to stop using AIG traffic controller to, as it gets tiresome to have it CTD all the time. So I think I'll just use MSFS Live AI with AIG for most of my flights, until FSHud improves. 

8mtFY4u.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 8:26 PM, MDFlier said:

Are you running in Windows 8 compatibility mode? That has stopped almost all the crashes for me.

Edited by Tuskin38

Absolutely not working for me on the latest beta, the controller just hangs at startup.  I'm assuming this is a common problem?

Just using live traffic results in random liveries from all over the place.

I assume there is no news on Just Flight's traffic package? 

35 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Absolutely not working for me on the latest beta, the controller just hangs at startup.  I'm assuming this is a common problem?

Don't think I've had this. If I start TC before the sim, on many occasion it will have shutdown when the flight has loaded, lol. Or - if I start it while loading the sim, it usually CTDs. The best way to start TC is to wait until the flight has finished loading

37 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Just using live traffic results in random liveries from all over the place.

It does this if you have ground aircraft on. If not, and with every single AIG flight plan installed, there are very few random liveries. 

Using Windows 10 and MSFS addon linker, I start the sim with that app and have Pilot2ATC, AIG, Navigraph Charts and a few others start. No issues but I do say that sometimes AIGTC does crash but that was months ago.

I am sure this will all change in a week or so when SU10 is released haha

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---