Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

New game ready drivers

Any one tried these yet ,does it  improve dx12? I have not installed yet but hoping to this weekend 😎

Edited by Bozdog

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Tried the Studio drivers earlier (which should bring the same benefits). I'm still getting noticeably better performance with DX11.

just about to give new game ones a try.

Like Kopteeni I've been using the studio ones. Although they seem to have cured a few graphical bugs, I don't see any dx12 performance improvement over the earlier ones and dx11 still runs noticeably better

Edited by dogmanbird

quick test - marginal if any fps improvement with new game drivers in both dx11 and 12, but no worse, which is always good 🙂

msfs still crashes if switching from DLSS to anything else

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Upvote 1

Using the new Nvidia Driver I lost about 7-10 frames keeping the exact same settings I had been using.  That's testing on both DX11 and DX12.  I've reverted back to what I consider the gold standard driver currently 516.59, and I've once again got super smooth framerates.

To me anyway, DX12 and this new driver do not provide anything worthwhile...in fact, they make things worse.

The other half was out tonight so I couldn’t resist installing it I think the graphical quality is slightly better in direct X 12 but it’s really difficult to tell it seems smooth as well but the frame rates are definitely down as I have the counter on in the toolkit at one point something flashed up in red about being CPU bound no idea what that meant so I reverted back to Direct X 11 frames rate are higher it just doesn’t seem quite as smooth but it might be my imagination

However, the driver works well in Formula One as well which is my other guilty pleasure so leaving the latest driver installed for now

Edited by Bozdog

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I think my experience is similar. I updated to new driver and tried both DX11+DLSS and DX12+DLSS. They haver very similar fps and image quality in G2, but DX11+DLSS just feels smoother, DX12+DLSS is quite choppy. A bit disappointing that DX12 still offers no advantages in my case.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11