Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Problems with FS Realistic

1 hour ago, FSRealistic said:

for the next version.

When do you plan on releasing the 'walk around' mode you showcased in a recent YouTube video?

• Like 1

Hey Captains,

We would like to reply on some of the shared feedback above:

• The low altitude turbulence is indeed a beta feature, we may be removing it or disable it by default if that is the case, for the next version.
  • FSRealistic not auto-shutting-down, there is a new setting under settings tab, please make sure it is toggled on
  • For effects you don't like, you can globally diable them via a new setting we added, under the settings tab
  • In regard to turning off low altitude turbulence effect to help with mouse freezes - the two has nothing to do with each other, the only thing we can think of, is that when low altitude turbulence is taking place, then it is harder to use the mouse, which we advice to use the "freeze-mode" found in the settings tab.
  • In terms of mouse scroll not working in Fenix, we will check that before we release the next version.

Thanks Captains,

And please keep the feedback coming in.

rkApps.

Thanks for the communication.  Have you managed to replicate the freeze mode not working?  Or could this be the low altitude turbulence mode interfering again?
If so, I will try turning it off, but at the moment, the screen still moves about all over the place when I move the mouse.  The slider is set in options of course.

PS. Also really looking forward to the walkaround mode.  :smile:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

There is an "Auto exit" option in the settings menu that was unchecked for me.  

It shuts down automatically for me every time now that I have it selected.

Rich

• Like 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Users have been complaining about the mouse zoom problem on your forum for weeks.

That true, and a fix was added already, but it seems that in some scenarios it is still being reproduced, we will look into it again.

4 hours ago, steve310002 said:

When do you plan on releasing the 'walk around' mode you showcased in a recent YouTube video?

1-3 days after SU11 will be out, we are really excited about this one, it is tons of fun playing around with.

Edited by FSRealistic
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey Captains,

Good news - we have found the mouse zoom issue - it is already fixed and will be part of the coming verison.

Cheers.

• Like 5

1-3 days after SU11 will be out, we are really excited about this one, it is tons of fun playing around with.

Awesome. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm honestly looking forward to the 1st person feature update more than the 40th Anniversary content.

I'll fire up the sim again once you release it.😛

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, FSRealistic said:

We are really excited about this one, it is tons of fun playing around with.

Any chance we can get some more preview videos? The first one was amazing. Interested to see more!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

11 hours ago, WestAir said:

Any chance we can get some more preview videos? The first one was amazing. Interested to see more!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FSRealistic said:

Nice. I recall that the preview video was with a first person viewpoint. Will there be an option to switch between third person and first person views?

14 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Nice. I recall that the preview video was with a first person viewpoint. Will there be an option to switch between third person and first person views?

Yes indeed.

• Upvote 2

Nice third person view. I guess it could not be done, but can the avatar's headphones be removed?  Asking for too much :).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 69Yanks said:

Nice third person view. I guess it could not be done, but can the avatar's headphones be removed?  Asking for too much :).

That'd look better if possible, I agree.

Edited by steve310002

On 11/9/2022 at 6:03 AM, FSRealistic said:

Hey Captains,

• FSRealistic not auto-shutting-down, there is a new setting under settings tab, please make sure it is toggled on

Ya'know...

I surely do appreciate the feedback and tip on how to overcome what has been a very confounding issue for some time, that had me wondering if the new PC I'd built had some half-baked O/S configuration issue or other fault.  I've been closing FSR manually for quite some time now and also have been using task manager to manually close MSFS because it wasn't immediately apparent that MSFS was waiting on FSR to shut down, so sometimes I'd do one first and then the other.  So I have to ask, and not rhetorically, why did this even have to be an issue in the first place?  I mean who on God's Green Earth would ever want a program to not exit after... well... EXITING?    OK, maybe you'd want to change some settings after exiting MSFS but you can also just go ahead and change them before exiting or during the next MSFS session, no???

Or go ahead and have this optional setting but why not just turn it ON by default instead of off?  So - you know - the application would act like folks might expect it to?

Sorry, I mean I love FSR and all that but after all this time I am simply compelled to vent.... as far as questionable and even downright silly application design decisions, this one stands out and seems to take the cake.  Please don't do that again.  

Thank you

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

6 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Ya'know...

I surely do appreciate the feedback and tip on how to overcome what has been a very confounding issue for some time, that had me wondering if the new PC I'd built had some half-baked O/S configuration issue or other fault.  I've been closing FSR manually for quite some time now and also have been using task manager to manually close MSFS because it wasn't immediately apparent that MSFS was waiting on FSR to shut down, so sometimes I'd do one first and then the other.  So I have to ask, and not rhetorically, why did this even have to be an issue in the first place?  I mean who on God's Green Earth would ever want a program to not exit after... well... EXITING?    OK, maybe you'd want to change some settings after exiting MSFS but you can also just go ahead and change them before exiting or during the next MSFS session, no???

Or go ahead and have this optional setting but why not just turn it ON by default instead of off?  So - you know - the application would act like folks might expect it to?

Sorry, I mean I love FSR and all that but after all this time I am simply compelled to vent.... as far as questionable and even downright silly application design decisions, this one stands out and seems to take the cake.  Please don't do that again.  

Thank you

It is on by default for new users. We did not want to force a setting to anyone that already has the app, and it was actually mentioned in our release notes. We hope it is now not an issue anymore.