Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

XP-12 beta 12 seems to be out.

Just got the notice. A 2gb download for me. Where can one find a changelog?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It will be interesting to see the notes; 2Gb is quite the large update. Think b11 was like 45mb..

• Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

looking at the files it was installing mostly ATC, but also updated settings file and some environment files (didn't quite catch the name at the end)

• Upvote 1

Hmm.. might be one issue though: arming spoilers before T/O in the A330 seems to extend them when looking externally. From inside the cockpit however (ECAM) they are armed. Just a visual bug perhaps?

Caveat: This might not even be a new issue as I usually never use external views. 

Richard

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

It will be interesting to see the notes; 2Gb is quite the large update. Think b11 was like 45mb..

11 was just a hotfix for 10, and most of the 2Gb for 12 are the ATC voices, that need to be re-downloaded every time they add stuff to them. Does not mean it's not a valuable update, but size doesn't mean much in this case, imo.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RedPxl said:

but size doesn't mean much in this case, imo.

Yup, it seems you are entirely correct. 

Richard

Change log

BETA 12

XPD-13366 – Map checkbox “Disable downwind ILS” disabled the transmitter, not just on the map, and ignored actual airport flow.

XPD-13275 – Unable to convert visual to ILS approaches or specifically request ILS.

XPD-13264 – Crash due to no runway segment during touch-n-go.

XPD-12795 – cloud shadows where there should not be cloud shadows.

XPD-13356 – QNH broadcasts and updates can be too frequent.

XPD-13351 – Circuit size could be very large because some aircraft have a flap-extend speed of 999kts.

XPD-13347 – Pronunciation of radio frequencies needs to be region-specific.

XPD-13322 – Missing objects in Beta 9 – fuel trucks.

XPD-13307 – Widget text not centered.

XPD-13306 – dataref acf_throtmax_FWD does not have effect above 1.0.

XPD-13294 – XPLMLoadDataFile is not working correctly.

XPD-13291 – XPLMMeasureString(xplmFont_Proportional returning wrong length by plus 30%.

XPD-13276 – Taxi routes with no name are causing issues with ATC speech.

XPD-13258 – “Did you know” texts need updating.

XPD-13126 – Wrong True Heading Readouts.

XPD-12067 – Plane is shaded as if under overcast layer even when far above it.

XPD-13355 – “Repeat Last” call did not work after a handoff to another controller.

XPD-13335 – X-Plane can’t broadcast to single and all external apps at the same time.

XPD-13312 – Don’t tell aircraft to climb and then descend when joining an approach route if not needed for MSA.

XPD-13140 – Vectors to the runway should not be created until the last waypoint on a flightplan is reached.

XPD-13134 – Citation X needs Vmo/Mmo indication on speed tape.

XPD-11785 – Marginal VFR preset – incorrect visibility .

XPD-13337 – Disabling all scenary packs including global airports crashes on startup.

XPD-13147 – RV10 Autopilot Switch has no audible “click”.

XPD-12702 – DCT should be understood in the route section.

XPD-9334 – Default windsock lit spotlight not animated.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Good amount of fixes. Finally the fuel trucks error will be gone from the log.  Great work on the ATC front.

At some point LR said the global scenery would get a recut and autogen should be improved but at this stage I don't know if these will make it into 12.00 given the December timeline.
For the subpar antialising we might need to wait until the engine can accept TAA, hopefully sometime next year.

I am so wanting the clouds bugs to be fixed - flickering when touching the ground and depth issues where distant clouds are seen in front of nearer clouds.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

11 hours ago, UKflyer said:

odd they don't publish release notes at the same time as pushing the update

Jennifer's working up to her eyeballs in so many things... I'm sure she wishes she could.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Did they get rid of those hideous beach coast lines all over the place? This is the only way I'd consider giving it a shot again. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Hi,

Just need the flickers and airport vehicles that hover on the external networked visual computers fixed. 

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck