Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

GSX Strange Issue

I've had GSX installed for a few days after giving it a second chance, its great apart from the annoying female voice shouting at me that boarding has started etc.

The reason for this post is that I have a strange issue that only happens with GSX installed. The mouse cursor changes to an arrow symbol in multiple places in any flightdeck of any aircraft that I have and only happens at certain angles, (so when looking slightly right for example). I cannot figure out why this is happening, but one things for certain - GSX seems to be the cause as it doesn't happen when GSX is uninstalled.

Here is an image to better describe the issue.

eXEamsJ.jpg

Yea, I have noticed this as well and I didn't nail it down to GSX. I am glad someone figured it out. Now, maybe it will somehow gets fixed at some point. When it happens to me, and those double arrow thing is there I can't click on anything unless I move my head around. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

the window doesn't fully close, click the icon on the toolbar again so it isn't white.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

the window doesn't fully close, click the icon on the toolbar again so it isn't white.

Exactly as said above... If the GSX Icon is Black, then GSX is open (although invisible)... Clicking again and turning the Icon white, fully closes the GSX application... That is why you may find yourself clicking the Icon twice to get GSX to open...

• Like 4

Faisal Niazi

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Thats sorted it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Keep in mind that, when the GSX icon is dark, the menu code is not executed, which means:

- GSX won't respond to the Hotkey

- No text messages from GSX will appear

- Pop-up menus cannot appear. This the biggest problem because, while the first two are just minor annoyances, in some situations GSX will need to display a menu after some time it was last closed, for example after the refueling truck is in position, or when asking for a Pushback direction. In these cases, since the menu code is being stopped by MSFS when the toolbar icon is not active, so it won't respond to any calls from GSX to display a menu.

That's why by default the X icon doesn't really close the menu, it just hides it, so it can be made appear again on request, and that's why the manual suggest to keep the icon Active for as long you need GSX, and close it from the toolbar when you are done with it.

The hidden menu having an effect on the cursor is just a side effect we don't have any way to prevent.

The whole menu system would be way easier to understand, would always reply to the hotkey, would always show text messages and it wouldn't require to keep it open but hidden, if only the SDK allowed to open a Toobar menu with a Simconnect call, something that's not possible right now, so we had to use this workaround to let it work as it should.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The whole menu system would be way easier to understand, would always reply to the hotkey, would always show text messages and it wouldn't require to keep it open but hidden, if only the SDK allowed to open a Toobar menu with a Simconnect call, something that's not possible right now, so we had to use this workaround to let it work as it should.

Thank you for clarifying and we appreciate developers like you guys who did your best to get our favorite addons in the new sim despite the limitations and challenges it presented you. 

I'd recommend resizing the GSX window to be as small as necessary and move it to the upper left corner. This usually means your mouse won't interfere with it while clicking switches, because you either focus the view to have the switch-to-be-manipulated in the middle of the view, or if not, there's usually no switch in the upper left corner of an aircraft.

• Like 1

I’ve had this mouse cursor issue for some time and I had no idea it was related to GSX.  Thanks for raising the question and the responses so far.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

4 hours ago, Gilandred said:

I’ve had this mouse cursor issue for some time and I had no idea it was related to GSX.  Thanks for raising the question and the responses so far.

Agreed, I second this. I appreciate the explanation.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11