Sign in to follow this  
guibru

SamScene3D Announced Vancouver Times for MSFS

Vancouver + Toronto City Times now released !
Purchase together GET DISCOUNT ! Simply add both products into your CART !  https://samscene.com/

22121907445216140518072561.jpg

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Oh wow, was Toronto announced previously or is that just a nice surprise?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The video of Vancouver only seems to cover downtown Vancouver:

If you are from Vancouver and you buy this, can you check to see if major buildings, shopping centers, and bridges in central Vancouver (south of downtown), Richmond, Burnaby are also covered? Nothing is shown for central Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby.  Richmond in particular I am interested to know what buildings and bridges are modeled because it's on the landing path for CYVR, and I also like to land the floatplane at the seaplane terminal next to CYVR (which also cuts through Richmond).

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Oh wow, was Toronto announced previously or is that just a nice surprise?

I had not seen it.. but bought the package ($4 off).

• Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

The video of Vancouver only seems to cover downtown Vancouver:

If you are from Vancouver and you buy this, can you check to see if major buildings, shopping centers, and bridges in central Vancouver (south of downtown), Richmond, Burnaby are also covered? Nothing is shown for central Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby.  Richmond in particular I am interested to know what buildings and bridges are modeled because it's on the landing path for CYVR, and I also like to land the floatplane at the seaplane terminal next to CYVR (which also cuts through Richmond).

It only covers downtown Vancouver.. but it combines nicely with the Vancouver PG replacement mods from CLI4D:

https://flightsim.to/file/41597/vancouver-improvement-mod

Vancouver Bridges is still good, but Vancouver Port can be disabled.

Also included is a cleanup of downtown Victoria, which is most welcome!  🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

I know that this is a thread about the Vancouver scenery but I'd be interested in hearing more about the Toronto scenery too. Specifically, does it play nice with the FSimStudios Billy Bishop Airport (CYTZ) or would I need to uninstall that and revert to the Asobo version of Billy Bishop?

Edit: Answered my own question. Right from SamScene's website:
>  It is recommended to be used with FsimStudios Toronto City Airport scenery

Edited by Malaromane
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malaromane said:

I know that this is a thread about the Vancouver scenery but I'd be interested in hearing more about the Toronto scenery too. Specifically, does it play nice with the FSimStudios Billy Bishop Airport (CYTZ) or would I need to uninstall that and revert to the Asobo version of Billy Bishop?

Have a look at the description:  https://samscene.com/

Quote: It is recommended to be used with FsimStudios Toronto City Airport scenery

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

31 minutes ago, petz_e said:

How does the Toronto scenery compare to the free one from Roman Designs?

I would say that SamScene3D is a notch above.. very well done!  If you purchase their Vancouver scenery, you get Toronto for under $10.. 😉

SamScene offers crisp, detailed buildings.. RD has more the slightly murky look of PG scenery.

For that, the CN Tower is a bit "fat around the bottom", maybe in an effort to cover up the original..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

looks beautiful, I have his Manhattan.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Agreed. Being in Waterloo, I will absolutely have to pick up the Toronto scenery so it makes total sense to buy the Vancouver one as well in the bundle (especially since I have all of the FSimStudios sceneries that complement the SamScene addons). Just waiting for them to appear on either Orbx or Flightsim.to.

Their Hong Kong scenery is great so no doubt this will also be really good ... Always looking forward to better representations of Toronto :) ... Pretty awesome CYTZ, CYYZ and the city are well covered now :)

• Like 1