Sign in to follow this  
Noel

After 2+ weeks of troubleshooting reached Nirvana...

...and that has all ended now.  I was so jazzed to see a heretofore unachieved level of incredibly smooth and micro/macro stutter free performance associated w/ near zero frametime variance--I was just stoked!  No more!  I don't know if it might have been a Win 10 update that happened right before SU11 was installed, or was something in SU11, or something in the PMDG 738 that doesn't play well w/ SU11.  

My troubleshooting started after slow deterioration a few months back of historically very good performance w/ a complete Win 10 fresh install and of course MSFS and the other addons I use and I enjoyed a good 10 days or so of absolutely PERFECT performance.  Couldn't wait to get up in the air again and enjoy this Nirvana!  Hasta La Bye Bye now, and a real bummer.  I just spent $980 on a new Gsync Ultimate display to arrive tomorrow as I had good evidence I would get close to what I was already experiencing but lose a tear line my configuration method brought into play, but the way the sim is now I'll not be able to evaluate how it stacks up against what I have experienced of late.

I've not tried anything but the PMDG 738, so maybe that's the source.  I will try the AS CRJ next and start the laborious process of trial and error troubleshooting now.  I will see if I can roll back the Win 10 update I just did and pray that was the culprit.  I'm surprised as some had reported SU11 brought performance enhancements.

Things I have done to r/o so far to no avail:

1. Delete and rebuilt the Rolling Cache 
  2. Cleaned out the DX Shader Cache

I'm really...BUMMED!  It's frequent minor and some more macro stutters now in taxiing around pedestrian smal region airport at KBNZ, and KDEN before that.  The only bright side is that I installed AccuSeason and assumed it was the culprit but obviously now that is not the case, though it still could be I'll just not know until the troubleshooting evolves.  

Maybe, just maybe, this is still related to server-side problems, I can only hope.

• Upvote 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Landing in ATL earlier and noticed my first stutters since I rebuilt my PC.  Last night, doing a longer flight, my frames dropped to less than 15 once I landed.  Something is off.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

There are at least three threads today on this topic. I highly doubt it's on your side Noel. Could be server side issues.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Don't feel bad, I think its the sim.  I was on a flight to montreal last night and my sim started constant single digit frames drops on approach to the point where I crash landed because it was a slideshow.  

37 minutes ago, tgsweat said:

Don't feel bad, I think its the sim.  I was on a flight to montreal last night and my sim started constant single digit frames drops on approach to the point where I crash landed because it was a slideshow.  

I got excited yesterday morning…being able to run that live traffic add on and literally have zero issues.  Until….

• Like 1

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

Thanks guys I have to think it must be the sim.  I was able to uninstall the last couple of Win updates and it's not helped so I will put them back in.  Here's what I meant when I said Nirvana:  the subjective perception correlates very well with what you see here:

Nirvana for 10+ days!  Note the frame time variance values.  Unbelievably fluid and stutter-free at a lowly 30FPS on a many mile descent into a complex terminal:spacer.png

And now this--I ended the capture after a few minutes it was not getting any better:spacer.png

Grrrr!  Has to be the sim but is it built in to SU11 now, or server side issues?

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

16 minutes ago, Noel said:

Grrrr!  Has to be the sim but is it built in to SU11 now, or server side issues?

Thanks for all your testing and the graph.. I have done a lot of testing to. Am going to go fly am tired of all this testing and tweaking. I'll just deal with the stutters.

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Maurice I KNOW things were fabulous prior so it's definitely SU11 and/or server issues.

• Upvote 1

Noel

Yeah something has changed in SU11. My sim was limited by gpu (mostly) in SU10, dx12. Pretty fluid. Now, same settings and I'm hammered by limited by main thread.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

It is more likely that this is actually a server problem. Since the S11 update I also encounter some instabilities of the sim and especially a lot of "Lost connection".
From what I understand an update should arrive.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Microsoft has got to get the server issue fixed or this will continue to be an utter mess.

Eric 

I've seen some SU11 beta users state perf had improved some w/ SU11 so that pretty much almost r/o SU11 as the culprit, so that leaves server issues.  They'll get it probably sooner than later.  I was just esp bummed because only recently was I bathing in Nirvana and so it is a stark contrast!

Noel

I am in no way an expert in trouble shooting, I am building a home cockpit, so I am only an expert for my system....

Have you tried unplugging _ALL_ USB devices? I had numerous instances were an USB device was the culprit for micro stutters and stutters in general. At one point it was an USB device were the plug was not seated properly...

I wish you much luck in your discoveries!

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

I did that a while back to no avail, early on in some detailed troubleshooting but thanks for the thought I think it was you who brought that up previously.

I'm flying the easy to process TBM930 and have had very good performance w/ ultra low FTV but then connection issues now.  They're in the midst of working on the server side I'm sure that must be what's happening now.

Edited by Noel

Noel

I'm just going to take a break until server traffic dies down.  Good thing i'm about to go on work travel, so when i get back, i need every one to be bored again lol Just tried a flight out of KORD and it was an absolute stutter fest during taxi and climb out.  Arrived at KMSN which isn't even a heavy airport but photogrametry and another stutter fest on approach.