Sign in to follow this  
TacomaSailor

MarketPlace 40th sale not available Nov 15 1700 GMT

I didn't complete my order last night (Nov 14) and now NONE of the sale items are on sale in MarketPlace

Any idea what happened / what to do?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Announcement page shows dates of Nov 11 - 15 but text says 4-days beginning Nov 11 so that means it ended Nov 14 - which was correct - the image or text?

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

I'm just happy I got the BAE 146 in time

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

One thing that the Microsoft team doing the sales and/or the announcements needs to learn fast is proper communication and another is beginning and ending the sales at times that make more sense. I was tricked by this myself a while back during the Summer sale when all the dates I could find (in the sim and on the website, forums, etc.) just gave a date but no time. I thought I could still buy some stuff on Sunday evening but was late because they had ended the sale prematurely at something like 1800Z. No hours were communicated anywhere.

It said the sale would run until Nov 15 (today) and again no times were given (at least I didn't see any anywhere) so you would logically assume it ends at something like 0000Z or 0000L west coast where Microsoft is, but it seems to always end at random times. I mean, what's 1500Z? And why is there never an actual time given? Why isn't the last day fully taken into account?

I learned last time that it's best to avoid leaving anything for the last communicated day as the ending time seems pretty random and isn't communicated.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Thanks all - the reason I did not complete my order (Kodiak, KORD, KMDW) was that I am still trying to figure out how to use MarketPlace from Steam version of MSFS.  I have the overlay working but every time I order I got the Pending message then the transaction failed message.  Tried all the MS and other suggestions but no luck.  I thought I might have better luck this morning - but no sale!

• Like 1

You might try Orbx Direct for those products , the float addon for the Kodiak is still on sale .

I am sure the Black Friday sales will start very soon, followed by the holiday sales. Lots of opportunities coming up.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

The big SU11 Orbx sale was timed to end at the same time the Marketplace sale ended. I bought 4 items at Orbx last night, the last chance (London City, Paris City, UK North, UK Central).

Each of those 4 adds hundreds of custom buildings and large monuments, castles, etc. Huddison on Youtube had videos of all of them which led to my purchase.

Probably will return in a few days (black Friday). $7 for Paris and $5 for London City etc. (US dollars not Aussie). I've seen them on sale many times before.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

Thanks all - the reason I did not complete my order (Kodiak, KORD, KMDW) was that I am still trying to figure out how to use MarketPlace from Steam version of MSFS.  I have the overlay working but every time I order I got the Pending message then the transaction failed message.  Tried all the MS and other suggestions but no luck.  I thought I might have better luck this morning - but no sale!

There just seems to be bad juju with the Marketplace and Steam when it comes to purchasing in the marketplace and then going to steam to pay for it.  Like MSFS times out waiting to get the funds from Steam.  I've had zero issues by putting the funds in my Steam Wallet first and then purchasing from within the Marketplace. The only bummer is you end up with extra pennies in your wallet since Steam only lets you buy credits in whole dollar amounts. 

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Probably Amazon, Apple, and Steam did not build their own cart system. Maybe Microsoft should hire one of same companies to do theirs?  For many years MS has lost a lot of sales by relying on a rinky-dink sales procedure. 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

12 hours ago, Nixoq said:

One thing that the Microsoft team doing the sales and/or the announcements needs to learn fast is proper communication

It's a very human failing to see things only in one's own context.
Perhaps the Microsoft staff member is one of those people.

Microsoft could give the task of announcing sales to someone who understands the market instead and then that person will announce the sale in terms that include the exact start and finish times.

For example, “The sale runs from 1600 UTC on 11th November to 1600 UTC on 15th November”, or indeed any time zone of their choice, so long as it is made clear which time zone that is.
Then there is no chance of any misunderstanding or indeed miscounting the number of days and less likelihood of those who like to wait for the last minute to complain if they miss the boat.

That makes four periods of 24 hours, commonly known as “days” and is much less ambiguous than “the sale runs from 11th to 15th November”, which, using dates, is indeed five “days”.
Worse than that, it could also be seen as three days, starting at the end of (from) the 11th and ending at the beginning of (to) the 15th.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 1

Due to the marketplace being down for a significant amount of time, I think it would be good if MS made a gesture and extended the sale.
I was lucky and quickly picked up the Fouga Magister, Bucker Jungmann, and the Drifter Ultra light all for a bargain price, and all great fun!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

I got ripped off for $108 through this system and Steam would not help.  Here is how you fix it:  https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016063399-Steam-Error-messages-Purchase-pending-and-Purchase-failed- 

Edited by Viper714

2 hours ago, Reader said:

It's a very human failing to see things only in one's own context.
Perhaps the Microsoft staff member is one of those people.

Microsoft could give the task of announcing sales to someone who understands the market instead and then that person will announce the sale in terms that include the exact start and finish times.

For example, “The sale runs from 1600 UTC on 11th November to 1600 UTC on 15th November”, or indeed any time zone of their choice, so long as it is made clear which time zone that is.
Then there is no chance of any misunderstanding or indeed miscounting the number of days and less likelihood of those who like to wait for the last minute to complain if they miss the boat.

Yeah, they lose the last minute rush of sales because nobody knows it's the last minute. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would be interested to learn whether more people purchased MSFS on Steam or in the MS store.