Sign in to follow this  
xraythree

Singnificant degradation since SU11 Help Please

Since release of MSFS I have had very good performance, with occasional stuttering due to earlier sim updates. For many months now I have had smooth performance locked at 30/vsync.

3 days after SU11 FPS/fluidity just destroyed. Developer mode FPS is in the red and I am getting a slide show. It indicates main thread limited. During the game launching screens I get 30fps, but as the process continues it drops into the teens by the time the main menu arrives. As a flight loads it drops into single digits. 

My system is completely dedicated to MSFS. It contains nothing else except what came with Windows 10. There is no anti-virus, except for Windows defender. 

This occurs with empty community folder, reduction in all relevant settings (Usually set to Ultra), offline/offline etc.

I’m heartbroken, desperate, but hopeful I might get some advice. Like many of you, I’ve been flight simming since the SubLogic days. Finally we see the day of this incredibly beautiful and fluid flight simulator, only to be grounded.

Please be gentle with your comments. I’ve completely fresh installed twice. All the settings that were set during the many months of silky smooth flying are the same, except those reduced during my troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance for your advice comments.

Sam

Edited by xraythree

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.

whats your system sam , we need more info ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Thanks for your response. I thought I placed it my signature. Is it not visible?

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 100Watt Gold Power Supply.

Jetline Systems, Windows 10 Professional, Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro Ax LG 1200, Intel Core i9 10900K Ten Core, Corsair H100 240mm Liquid Cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR SDRAM 3200MHz, 10GB Nvidea GeForce RTX 3080 GDDR6X, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1000 watt Gold Power Supply.

14 minutes ago, xraythree said:

Since release of MSFS I have had very good performance, with occasional stuttering due to earlier sim updates. For many months now I have had smooth performance locked at 30/vsync.

3 days after SU11 FPS/fluidity just destroyed. Developer mode FPS is in the red and I am getting a slide show. It indicates main thread limited. During the game launching screens I get 30fps, but as the process continues it drops into the teens by the time the main menu arrives. As a flight loads it drops into single digits. 

This occurs with empty community folder, reduction in all relevant settings (Usually set to Ultra), offline/offline etc.

I’m heartbroken, desperate, but hopeful I might get some advice. Like many of you, I’ve been flight simming since the SubLogic days. Finally we see the day of this incredibly beautiful and fluid flight simulator, only to be grounded.

Please be gentle with your comments. I’ve completely fresh installed twice. All the settings that were set during the many months of silky smooth flying are the same, except those reduced during my troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance for your advice comments.

Sam

We're all hoping Asobo addresses this and the many other problems introduced by Asobo with SU11.  Welcome to the frustration we all feel with these Sim Updates.   One update is good and the next one is a few steps back.  The worst of this is starting to be a pattern with November patch releases.  I'm hoping they don't leave the sim in this condition until Spring of next year.  The patch list is looking pretty thin...

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks Dillon, I’ve read your posts and hope they help us soon. We all love this simulator when it delivers the great performance that it’s capable of. 
I’ve never encountered a problem with this sim that I couldn’t solve…until now😩

• Upvote 1

There are/were some quite some performance issues reported by many users since release of SU11. MS just today dropped a beta fix which seemingly addresses also performance issues. You may want to enter the beta to see whether the beta fix helps in your case or wait some days (?) until the beta fix is released to the public

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Sam you got a really good system have you update to latest nividia driver etc , i have a 3080 12 gb same as you , what resolution are you at ?

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Open the Task Manager and see what else is running.

And.. which airplane?  Try the c152 as a test.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

49 minutes ago, DAD said:

There are/were some quite some performance issues reported by many users since release of SU11. MS just today dropped a beta fix which seemingly addresses also performance issues. You may want to enter the beta to see whether the beta fix helps in your case or wait some days (?) until the beta fix is released to the public

Thank you Dad…it scares me a bit though..

48 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Sam you got a really good system have you update to latest nividia driver etc , i have a 3080 12 gb same as you , what resolution are you at ?

Hi Sonny…I’m at 2580 x1440 which is native to my monitor. It is a very good system and has done a great job.

9 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Open the Task Manager and see what else is running.

And.. which airplane?  Try the c152 as a test.

Thanks Bert…I’ll do that next. My computer is stand alone for MSFS only, with no antivirus, only Windows defender.  I’m using stock  A320 neo. 

Edited by xraythree

2 minutes ago, xraythree said:

Thank you Dad…it scares me a bit though..

Here are some things you can do to improve or rule out:

1. Do a clean install of the latest NV GameReady Driver.
  2. Re-setup NV Control Panel per your prior config that worked well in SU10
  3. Use Disk Cleanup (via Windows Search field) and clean out the Directx Shader Cache
  4. Save a copy of User.Opt to Desktop, then delete the file from its original location and let the sim build a new one.  You will reset graphics settings but that's quick.
  5. Turn all forms of air traffic off for now
  6. Double-check you are online (General Settings > Data > Online Functionality (or something like that)
  7. Keep the Community Folder empty for now.
  8. Turn Photogrammetry off for now
  9. Render Scaling at 100 for now
  10. TLOD at 100 for now

Good luck.  I went thru something very similar and initially it was server-side related so there was no fixing it.  When that was fixed in a couple days things had largely improved.  AI Air Traffic has become harder on processing I notice, so when it's super busy I may even turn it aroff, but usually don't have to.  Hopefully it is being looked at in the beta patch coming up.  I ended up with a very clean environment by using Process Lasso to move all other processes off the main thread core and it probably helps some.  I have absolutely sterling performance now, best ever.  I also discovered RTSS's framerate limit at 30FPS using Front Edge Vsync created the smoothest flight I'd ever seen--unfortunately it comes w/ a migrating tear line so is not acceptable.  But that does not change the sheer smoothness that comes w/ it's extraordinarily low frametime variance--this allows the perception of ultra-smooth despite the frame rate of 30.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

13 minutes ago, Noel said:

Here are some things you can do to improve or rule out:

1. Do a clean install of the latest NV GameReady Driver.
  2. Re-setup NV Control Panel per your prior config that worked well in SU10
  3. Use Disk Cleanup (via Windows Search field) and clean out the Directx Shader Cache
  4. Save a copy of User.Opt to Desktop, then delete the file from its original location and let the sim build a new one.  You will reset graphics settings but that's quick.
  5. Turn all forms of air traffic off for now
  6. Double-check you are online (General Settings > Data > Online Functionality (or something like that)
  7. Keep the Community Folder empty for now.
  8. Turn Photogrammetry off for now
  9. Render Scaling at 100 for now
  10. TLOD at 100 for now

Good luck.  I went thru something very similar and initially it was server-side related so there was no fixing it.  When that was fixed in a couple days things had largely improved.  AI Air Traffic has become harder on processing I notice, so when it's super busy I may even turn it aroff, but usually don't have to.  Hopefully it is being looked at in the beta patch coming up.  I ended up with a very clean environment by using Process Lasso to move all other processes off the main thread core and it probably helps some.  I have absolutely sterling performance now, best ever.  I also discovered RTSS's framerate limit at 30FPS using Front Edge Vsync created the smoothest flight I'd ever seen--unfortunately it comes w/ a migrating tear line so is not acceptable.  But that does not change the sheer smoothness that comes w/ it's extraordinarily low frametime variance--this allows the perception of ultra-smooth despite the frame rate of 30.

Thanks Noel. I’ve tried most of these, but not all of them. I’ll follow every point in your list.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xraythree said:

Thanks Dillon, I’ve read your posts and hope they help us soon. We all love this simulator when it delivers the great performance that it’s capable of. 
I’ve never encountered a problem with this sim that I couldn’t solve…until now😩

[Official Discussion + Polls] 40th Anniversary Edition/Sim Update 11 - Community / 40th Anniversary Edition Feedback - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

There's plenty of people having issues with SU11 similar to yours, mine, and others.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

In addition to the above, double check all settings to see if something hasn’t been enabled / disabled in the update. In the first SU11 beta rolling cache got enabled for me for some reason which tanked my frames. Wasted a lot of troubleshooting time on that very simple thing…

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea