Sign in to follow this  
SpaceForceCapt

Best way to control the drone camera?

4 minutes ago, SpaceForceCapt said:

I've tried using my keyboard, but it's just not that great.  I think I've read an Xbox controller will work?  Should I just buy one and hook it up to my PC?

Yes, an Xbox controller is what I use. I can recommend that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I plugged in an old joystick which was no good for msfs.  Make sure you delete all the assignments though otherwise you will probably get conflicts.  You can then set up the old stick for drone commands only.

An X box controller will work too and you can also use keyboard commands.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Xbox controller 🙂

Windows 10 x64 | MSI Katana GF66 144Hz | i7 11800H 4.6 GHz | RTX 3070 | 16GB 3200 DDR4 | 512GB M2. SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M2. SSD

XBox controller works great. And, once you plug it in and start MSFS, the XBox controller will automically be configured for drone control...no programming of buttons required. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Pour info et au cas où, un "vieux" contrôleur PS4 fonctionnera à la perfection en utilisant l'émulateur gratuit DS4Windows

English translation: FYI and just in case, an "old" PS4 controller will work just fine using the free DS4Windows emulator

@SpoutnX  English only in these forums, Please!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

8 hours ago, sniper31 said:

XBox controller works great. And, once you plug it in and start MSFS, the XBox controller will automically be configured for drone control...no programming of buttons required. 

Thats a good idea. I use the keys but that might be a better way to do it as I end up accidentally hitting "T" a lot which completely stuffs things up.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I can move the drone up and down, to the left and right and change the lateral and horizontal pitch but haven't yet found a way to turn the drone camera to the left or right.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Is it possible to modify the default values for zoom and drone speed by the way? Personally I prefer 86 for zoom and 2 for speed, but everytime I start the sim, it is reverted back to the default values.

Perhaps there is some cfg file for that?

Thank you!

can't imagine flying without a second controller , only for cameras assigned , is a game changer, i am using since msfs released until now and strongly recommend it , is it a must ...

Hey guys, just wanted to give an update.  I got the Xbox controller, and it's perfect.  Exactly what I was looking for.  I can turn on the showcase camera, and fly around just like my drone does in real life.  Love it!  😁😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cianpars said:

I can move the drone up and down, to the left and right and change the lateral and horizontal pitch but haven't yet found a way to turn the drone camera to the left or right.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?

look for YAW DRONE LEFT & YAW DRONE RIGHT

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

look for YAW DRONE LEFT & YAW DRONE RIGHT

Thanks vgbaron.  That sounds like a solution.  

Just another point though.  I'm finding that whilst in showcase mode, my main controller is no longer controlling the aircraft.  Is that something else I have missed or is that just the way it is?