Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The inibuilds A310 Cabin Is Amazing

43 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I mean, I've certainly never felt any level of immersion in a desktop sim that compares to, say, a level D sim.  And when I look behind me in one of those, I don't see a cabin, I see an instructor station ;).

I get that the cinematic folks like the cabins, but I do wish they were optional.  I don't really need more performance, but I'd still rather not waste resources rendering things I'm dragging along with me but will never look at. 

I agree. I assume it is a sign of "desire for abundance" in an era of the politics wanting people to renounce to luxury and waste of resources. I do not see any immersion in entering a totally empty and abandoned cabin - I do it once to say "oh, nicely modelled" and that's it.

Same with the "flood" of outdated planes Microsoft gives away for free. Who will ever fly all of them? It is just a massive abundance of useless toys.

nothing stopping both sides being catered for in the cabin yes/no debate

no surprise iniBuilds have done this being an XPlane developer - anyone who's flown that sim knows that there is an expectation developers will produce a fully modelled interior

for me, it adds to the immersion knowing there is a full aircraft modelled behind me, empty or not - it's more immersive than just flying a cockpit around

just before departing heathrow on a wet dark night in the Fenix, dropping back to a cabin view briefly, makes the feeling of piloting an airliner just that little bit more immersive, it reminds me of my own travels in airliners and makes you feel a little bit more "there"

MSFS is not a level-d sim, some of us like it (and xplane and P3D) for reproducing the experience of being in certain types of aircraft, some people like it for meticulously simulating every nut and bolt procedure of their chosen aircraft

developers need to let us turn it off or on if it affects performance, but if there is no performance impact - why would it matter how others use or enjoy the sim?

MSFS appear to have done what was previously thought impossible and catered for all parts of the spectrum

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

To me, sitting in a nice cabin during climb out or approach for a minuet or two is perfect. Its just that wow moment especially now in MSFS, the scenery is so good, we can see what a passenger would see out of places we most likely will never fly out of in real life... and simply the sim just looks good, the cabin and wing views just add to the immersion. Here's somewhere I fly out of often though... hey look I can see my apartment!

XP8vPVu.jpg

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, PTI139 said:

I agree. I assume it is a sign of "desire for abundance" in an era of the politics wanting people to renounce to luxury and waste of resources. I do not see any immersion in entering a totally empty and abandoned cabin - I do it once to say "oh, nicely modelled" and that's it.

Same with the "flood" of outdated planes Microsoft gives away for free. Who will ever fly all of them? It is just a massive abundance of useless toys.

So, Microsoft and Asobo giving you basically a boatload of new content for no extra charge is a "desire for abundance"? 🙄

I was planning to put a thousand bucks into your bank account. I guess I wont now coz I don't want to trigger that desire for abundance.😁

Seriously, Satya Nadella could be sending every avsimmer a cheque for a million bucks, and there'd be folks complaining about the 5 dollar handling fee they had to pay to cash it.

I personally find it very relaxing during long hours cruising to move to the back of the cabin and activate a wing view. I put on a pair of headphones and enjoy the scenery passing by. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I guess we have different experiences of flying as a passenger. To me, it's a reminder of 16 years of commuting - something no one in their right mind would find pleasant; certainly not relaxing. I mean, does anyone create a cockpit jumpseat view and sit there for takeoff and landing? 😉

To this day I don't even like deadheading...

Andrew Crowley

Yes, it is very good and it makes me angry at JustFlight for porting over those horrible textures from the previous sims. They need to update the BAE 146.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Yes, it is very good and it makes me angry at JustFlight for porting over those horrible textures from the previous sims. They need to update the BAE 146.

I had this for P3D and this is one of the reasons I'm not getting it for MSFS. Textures are lacking to say the least.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Sorry for the stupid question but I can’t seem to find the cabin on my a310. Is it disabled by default??

21 minutes ago, dolbinau said:

Sorry for the stupid question but I can’t seem to find the cabin on my a310. Is it disabled by default??

I believe in order to have the cabin you need to install the enhanced version of the A310 from the marketplace which is free.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

On 11/19/2022 at 7:36 AM, styckx said:

It's a flight simulator. Why waste time on a cabin seat?

Sure, and while we’re at it who needs cars for the roads?  Or for that matter who needs roads?  It’s a Flight simulator, not a Driving simulator. /s

If it extracts little or no perf hit, and especially if it’s made optional I say, “Brng it on.  The Twenty First Century for Flight Simulation has finally arrived with MSFS 2020

-B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I was also looking for an alternative lighting mod. Does the above mod work with the SU11 Beta?

From the mod's comments,

This mod is conflicting with the new A310 patch that was just released on the SU11 Beta. It's preventing all EFB functions from showing and therefore showing all the aircraft features of the unpatched previous version. You might want to add Z to the folder or something, i don't know, you know better 😊 Great looking mod by the way!