Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Am I the only one getting random CTD's post SU11?

Reading the forums, it seems more than a few are loving SU11 without issue.  I can't get through a flight without a CTD using FBW's/Fenix's A320s, the modded Cessna Longitude, and any other bird for that matter if I use any portion of the default ATC system.  I once thought the problem was linked to the default flight planner.  Now I see it's not as the A320's I barely use the default planner. All plans are done via SimBrief.  I'm just confused at this point because the winds are moving with requests to fix the A310 as if that's the only problem with SU11.  As far as I can see the core sim is hosed now.  Maybe there's no need to beat a dead horse in this forum as we've already discussed it but usually people chime in after the fact with their findings.  I'm just wondering am I missing something here. Has a fix been put forth for the ATC system and CTD issue that I might have missed.😶  

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Dillon, I'll gladly test next weekend, maybe before if I get the chance of an home desktop slot ...

Tell me how long should my Fenix A320 flight take to end in a CTD?

I usually do very local test flights, say from Montijo airbase to Lisboa airport 🙂

If I'm lucky I can try Faro - Lisbon, or at most Madrid - Lisbon... Will that be long enough?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I am currently testing the SU11 Beta hotfix, but I can honestly say that I have not had a CTD in months, and only half a dozen or so since launch, usually on first run after an update.

I mainly fly the A310, PMDG and FBW. Usually 2 - 4 hours, although I have done a handful of 7- 8 hour trips with no issues.

I don't think it is an inherent issue with the core sim as every user would have a similar experience. We all like to think our PCs are bullet proof but unfortunately certain programs/tasks can find and break the weakest link.

I even run with a 5Ghz overclock on all cores of an old 8700K and experience no issues.

Dillon, I managed o plan (Simbrief) and start a flight in the Fenix from LFPO to LPPT.

I am now more than 1hr into that flight, palnned ETA 23:20 UTC, and so far so good and so GREAT!

I'll repprt at the end of a successful flight or if I get a CTD before arrival.

My desktop is Ryzen 5600x + RTX 3060Ti, 32GB RAM. Win 11.

EDIT:  Flight ended without any CTD, 2:25, excellent arrival into LPPT 20, city lights making the clouds "glow" just like IRL ... Gorgeous!

Will continue to try with other medium range flights, maybe also with the 310.

Hope you get your problem sorted out!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

Dillon, I'll gladly test next weekend, maybe before if I get the chance of an home desktop slot ...

Tell me how long should my Fenix A320 flight take to end in a CTD?

I usually do very local test flights, say from Montijo airbase to Lisboa airport 🙂

If I'm lucky I can try Faro - Lisbon, or at most Madrid - Lisbon... Will that be long enough?

The CTD happens for me before I get to cruise after takeoff.  I was testing a flight from KATL to KMCO.  Tried to do the flight in reverse and had the same issue.  The Longitude is the worse.  It's no longer usable without a CTD.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I got a CTD last night flying the PMDG 738 from KDEN to KCVG. The CTD happened three miles from KCVG on the ILS. But it sure was a nice flight, very smooth and great performance.

I never or almost never fly in the USA... Might it e region-specific?

I will try some medium range flight over the USA next weekend.

Main Simulation Rig:

Are you running DX12 mode?  In DX12 I get CTD's on occasion but in DX11 I haven't had any CTD's.  That's with two different game ready drivers.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

7 minutes ago, Mace said:

Are you running DX12 mode?  In DX12 I get CTD's on occasion but in DX11 I haven't had any CTD's.  That's with two different game ready drivers.

Good point!  I used to be in DX12 but since SU10 have reverted back to DX11... Never get CTDs.

Main Simulation Rig:

14 hours ago, Dillon said:

The CTD happens for me before I get to cruise after takeoff. 

I had this going on for a day or so a couple of months ago after one of the Nvidia driver updates. I rolled back to the prior version which fixed it for me. Installed the next driver that came out and had no issues.  

Since you are having so many issues,  why don't you try swapping your memory sticks around? I've had luck in the past doing that. You could try simply reseating them, but I like to switch them around. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Interestingly, I had a CTD yesterday in the Fenix A320 after a 3 hr flight but had been paused for an hour. When I unpaused after a short while it CTD’d.

First one in a very long time, and I’ve done a lot of Fenix flights in SU11 recently with no problems. Running DX12, i7 11700k @ 5GHz GTX1080ti (@2k. 1440p)

I have had several CTDs with the Fenix A320 since SU11. I tried to fly Heathrow to Schipol this evening. Only a short flight of 200 miles. On both occasions I had a CTD.... the first time halfway across the Channel and the second before I even reached the Kent coast.

On Sunday, I had absolutely appalling performance whilst trying to fly the Fenix. Framerates steadily dropped until I was getting no more than 5 or 6 fps! I have an i9-10900 processor, RTX4090 gfx card, M2 drives, 64GB RAM.... and was flying the Fenix in performance mode!

I came on to the internet to see if anyone else has been experiencing problems since SU11... Prior to SU11 I hardly ever had a CTD. Now I would say i have one CTD for about every 3 flights!

I have not had one since the 40th anniversary dropped. I have exclusively been flying/learning the A310 over the southwestern U.S. KLAS-KPHX-KSAN-KSLC

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

I was having, doing tests, CTDs, when in Nvidia Control Panel in the FS20 program section, I set threaded optimisation on, and low latency on, and I fly in VR, maybe in flat panels this doesn´t affect. Then I reverted all to default values, "use global settings" in Nvidia CP, less the option in the FS20 executable tab, "prefer maximum performance".