Sign in to follow this  

Well, just had another one, making a short hop form CYSH to CYOW.  First time having a CTD in my area.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

what a coincidence.. just had a CTD now and came to forum to check if someone else had it.. luckily it was pmdg, so full flight and panel state saved.. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Not getting any CTD’s but far too many lost connection messages. The servers are inadequate and this could be the cause of CTD’s as much as anything else.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi,

Just after the yesterday's update, I had a CTD. 

It had been many months since I had one.

Regards

I am not knowing my last CTD within MSFS, a realy long time ago now..🥳

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Yesterday, I flew for several hours no problem.. tonight, I had the 300 mb update, looked like  some scenery files, and then twice, after about twenty-thirty minutes...boom...CTD. Hope it gets sorted soon.

I experienced a lot of ctds in the last times (while initial load, freeze while loading a flight, ctds while flying). I had no issues with other simulations. This seemed also to be dependent on the number of addons too. Also, within msfs, I could not access the list of installed addons anymore as it was freezing. 

Before that I got a new setup with new processor and ram. I assumed that the overclocking of the processor was causing the issue and disabling it indeed worked out for a certain time. But it still happened. 

But what I never expected, that the ram settings were causing the issues. I bought ddr5 6000 ram and have it set up by bios automatically (asus board). But this was the root cause, because as I deselected the overclocking ram profile and selected the (4800) default setting, all the ctds went away. I could even enable the AI overclocking again. 

So please cross check your ram settings too and give it a try to go back to default, non over clocked settings. 

It happens rarily, but when I get a CTD it seems to be related to my graphics card/driver according to the error dialog. Only happens with MSFS. Using an AMD RX5700.

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

18 minutes ago, Johan217 said:

related to my graphics card/driver according to the error dialog.

There's a huge thread over at the official forums, as this plagues quite a few users since SU10. Although there seem to be a lot of potential causes, it also seems that reverting any overclock on your GPU, lowering the graphics settings in the sim and/or turning Hardware accelerated graphics (HAGS) to off in the Windows Control Panel may be the most promising solutions. HAGS off did it for me.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

@Tom_L Thank you for summarizing! I suspect it could be because I was undervolting. Will try without.

• Like 1

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

I'm also getting a lot of "loss connection" messages, then ten seconds later, "connection successful". 

Roy