Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

TFDi Design MD-11 announcement

FYI ...

TFDi Design just announced on Facebook that the MD-11 will be "available for pre-sale at 1200Z/0700EST/0500PST later on today." For me, that would be tomorrow, December 1.

More info here: https://tfdidesign.com/md11.php

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Interesting. Presale for something that doesn’t release for 9 more months?

Orman

Erm... what?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/615123-tfdi-pricing-for-md-11-announced/?do=findComment&comment=4853700

https://forums.tfdidesign.com/index.php?/blogs/entry/64-fall-2022-development-update/

tl;dr it's still coming to P3D, concurrently with the MSFS version. ETA September 2023.

Buying an unknown end product, this far out, is not something many would be willing to do, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Buying an unknown end product, this far out, is not something many would be willing to do, IMO.

Argh ... I missed the September 2023 ETA. Yeah ... I'm not going to spend the equivalent of CAD $110 just before Christmas for something I won't see until Fall next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

After MSFS, I'm no longer paying >$60 for an addon. Now, if those $80 include both P3Dv5 and MSFS versions, I can think about it.

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

11 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

After MSFS, I'm no longer paying >$60 for an addon. Now, if those $80 include both P3Dv5 and MSFS versions, I can think about it.

It includes both versions.

I'm not going to spend the equivalent of CAD $110 just before Christmas for something I won't see until Fall next year.

Buying the collectors edition gives you access to the beta builds. So perhaps you will see it earlier than Fall 2023

Kind Regards,

Peter

30 minutes ago, Antonov22 said:

It includes both versions.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money-300x188.jpg

42 minutes ago, Antonov22 said:

Buying the collectors edition gives you access to the beta builds. So perhaps you will see it earlier than Fall 2023

I only played once this paid beta game, with some Virtualcol Colombian sceneries in 2007. Because of piracy, he stopped sharing the files, but he met the deadline and sent us the DVD with the sceneries. I still have the box in a shelf in my old bedroom.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

14 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Erm... what?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/615123-tfdi-pricing-for-md-11-announced/?do=findComment&comment=4853700

I did. My experience with tfdi has been excellent and I bought their 717many years back. Product support has been excellent and the 717 evolved into a great creation.

Or the 717. A nice plane but it was a couple of years to get the bugs ironed out. That was my only pay to beta other then MSFS. Never a good experience.

• Like 1

Vic green

7 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Or the 717. A nice plane but it was a couple of years to get the bugs ironed out. That was my only pay to beta other then MSFS. Never a good experience.

Different strokes. I respect your position. That said  I’m fine with the current MD11 deal of TFDi.

interestingly I’ve bought two absolute pieces of junk this year. One an aircraft and a scenery. They shall remain nameless and neither one will return requests for support. Based on their other products I was surprised. While it may be famous last words I’m not concerned about TFDi in the least.

It appears the pre-sale offer to get the ER variant may not be available any more (according to the Forum)  as those first 1,000 copies are likely already sold!

I am not sure what TFDI's strategy is there to limit that specific version to only the pre-Sale offer? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

3 hours ago, 787flyer said:

as those first 1,000 copies are likely already sold!

I am not sure what TFDI's strategy is there to limit that specific version to only the pre-Sale offer? Doesn't make much sense to me.

1,000 sales, that's the sense.... 😉

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

16 hours ago, dbw1 said:

interestingly I’ve bought two absolute pieces of junk this year

LOL. Who among us hasn't? I'm sure there would be enough of us to start a club.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

5 minutes ago, Patco Lch said:

LOL. Who among us hasn't? I'm sure there would be enough of us to start a club.

Geeze, Patco, thanks for that comment.

Bottom line for me when people misrepresent their product, put out cr@p and refuse to respond to emails it should almost be considered theft.