Sign in to follow this  
af1134

Trojan wacatac.b!ml detected on PMS50 2.1.58 download

PMS50 v2.1.55 and 2.1.58 gave me the same alert with Windows Defender.

• Like 1

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

3 hours ago, af1134 said:

Hello,

Trojan wacatac.b!ml is detected on PMS50 2.1.58 download ? https://pms50.com/fs2020/gtn750/pms50-gtn750.zip

Do you have the same alert ?

I am runing Widows Defender

Thanks

Franck

Did you see this?

https://pms50.com/msfs/mandatory-update/

It's ok now for me with 2.1.58.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Thank you Alvega, it's OK now for me too with v2.1.58

• Like 1

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

It's happened with several revisions.   Supposedly false positives,  but I'm not a trusting person when it comes to the internet.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

It's happened with several revisions.   Supposedly false positives,  but I'm not a trusting person when it comes to the internet.

That's why you shouldn't disable your AV to install the mod (like I've seen some people saying they did). Always better to wait for a version that is not detected by the AV.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

got  the  same  virus alert  trying  to download  fs2crew 737 for  msfs

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Same virus alert to download BlackBirds (Milviz) C310 and PC6  ???

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 hour ago, James Callan said:

Same with download of SWS RV-14 update.  How to get around it?

Just had that as well.... not sure what this update would actually offer up.. anyone know?

Bert

Not a good idea but this worked for me, I turned of Real time Protection and also noticed that the cloud delivered protection was also enabled, turned this off also and was able to download.  Kept them off to install and enabled Real time protection after installation but kept cloud delivered off.  Seemed to install ok and I was able to load it in the simulator.

21 minutes ago, Mike62 said:

Not a good idea but this worked for me, I turned of Real time Protection and also noticed that the cloud delivered protection was also enabled, turned this off also and was able to download.  Kept them off to install and enabled Real time protection after installation but kept cloud delivered off.  Seemed to install ok and I was able to load it in the simulator.

Not keen to turn off the protection... maybe Windows Defender will get a definitions update at some point..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

5 hours ago, James Callan said:

Same with download of SWS RV-14 update.  How to get around it?

Just downloaded the RV-14 update, BEFORE, I saw this thread.  AVAST virus scan that I just ran found no virus, no malware in the RV-14.   My definitions are up to date so I sure hope AVAST is as good as they think they are because I was flying the Tweet when I saw this post. 

I do have AVAST running whenever I download. 

Edited by TacomaSailor

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor