Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

Adding DrzeweskinAirports and scenery

It seems I get errors using marketplace, so I am forced by buying scenery outside Marketplace.   I want to add Drzeweski airports KDCA and KMDW along with Chicago, Seattle and Washington scenery.   I am not computer savvy,  does DD scenery self install?   Also is addon Washington/Chicago and Seattle a needed upgrade or is default MSFS just as good.

Paul Gugliotta

7 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

It seems I get errors using marketplace, so I am forced by buying scenery outside Marketplace.   I want to add Drzeweski airports KDCA and KMDW along with Chicago, Seattle and Washington scenery.   I am not computer savvy,  does DD scenery self install?   Also is addon Washington/Chicago and Seattle a needed upgrade or is default MSFS just as good.

This depends on where you buy it, but yes, mostly it should self install.
The cities are not needed, the default MSFS photogrammetry is alright. If, however, you want special buildings to be visible from further out (photogrammetry has a mostly melted look from further out), you might want to consider it. It does not replace photogrammetry but adds to it with custom buildings that are always visible.

Edited by Fiorentoni

7 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Chicago, Seattle and Washington scenery

Just to say that there are a fair few complaints about the performance (or lack thereof) of those city scenery add-ons. I haven't had any significant issues, though others have said these could do with some optimisation after the past few Sim Updates.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

48 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Just to say that there are a fair few complaints about the performance (or lack thereof) of those city scenery add-ons. I haven't had any significant issues, though others have said these could do with some optimisation after the past few Sim Updates.

This is true.  It is unusual why only some get this issue, even with decent hardware.  And DD say they can't replicate it at their end for some reason.

I only own DD Chicago, but it brings my PC to its knees at the range of the new Meigs for example (did it before Meigs as well by the way).  With a 13900 and 3080Ti, I am getting 10-15 fps; I am locked at 60 fps virtually everywhere else, and there are quite a few of us with this problem, even when trying DLSS.  It is a strange one, but hopefully it is solvable, as other than that, they do half decent scenery.

@paulyg123  You can try purchasing through a third party installer, such as Simmarket, Orbx, or Contrail (they may not all sell DD products, just an example), but in that case the installer will sort that out for you.  Or, worst case scenario is you just get a zip file that you unpack to your community folder - but that is still easy-peasy - a simple drag and drop. :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Ok thanks. I’ll stick with airports from DD first.  I hope Microsoft resolves that nagging “Order Pending” error in Marketplace.   When I hit the buy button, the confirm window pops up for a millisecond and disappears.  thus I can’t buy it.  I tried all the fixes and no luck.  So I have been buying scenery from Fkytampa, FSDT and Flightbeem on the outside and they all self install nicely.  

Paul Gugliotta

1 hour ago, paulyg123 said:

Ok thanks. I’ll stick with airports from DD first.  I hope Microsoft resolves that nagging “Order Pending” error in Marketplace.   When I hit the buy button, the confirm window pops up for a millisecond and disappears.  thus I can’t buy it.  I tried all the fixes and no luck.  So I have been buying scenery from Fkytampa, FSDT and Flightbeem on the outside and they all self install nicely.  

If you do buy DD Chicago, please let us know how you get on with it.  I have had to uninstall mine, and I hate doing that with anything I buy.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

18 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Also is addon Washington/Chicago and Seattle a needed upgrade or is default MSFS just as good.

I own Seattle and Chicago and consider both a real improvement over the default. 😉

Bert

8 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Are you running MSFS with Admin rights?  If so, that could be your issue with purchasing on marketplace.  

I always run MSFS with Admin rights normally, but when I do, I cannot purchase (payment does not go through).  I have to launch MSFS without admin rights for my purchases to go through. I have seen others on here with the same issue in the past. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

I had to get rid of DD chicago , kills the system to a standstill literally. No other addon does this and its never been resolved by them.

• Like 2

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

7 hours ago, wiler said:

I had to get rid of DD chicago , kills the system to a standstill literally. No other addon does this and its never been resolved by them.

Agreed. I hate buying something and not being able to use it, but most of DD's products are real performance hogs.

The Chicago scenery is the worst and I deactivated it. The KDCA and RJAA airports aren't great either, but I still use them.

On their forums they don't really acknowledge that they need to improve them. So, I've stopped buying their products, no matter how much I may want a particular scenery.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wiler said:

I wonder if this depends on the settings you chose for MSFS..  Chicago works just fine for me, on a GTX1070.. MSFS settings on High, and fps fixed at 30.

Note, I do not have any KORD airport addon and use the freeware version of Meigs.. maybe that helps.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

5 hours ago, mmcmah said:

Agreed. I hate buying something and not being able to use it, but most of DD's products are real performance hogs.

The Chicago scenery is the worst and I deactivated it. The KDCA and RJAA airports aren't great either, but I still use them.

On their forums they don't really acknowledge that they need to improve them. So, I've stopped buying their products, no matter how much I may want a particular scenery.

Same here. I've uninstalled Chicago Landmarks completely. I kept thinking they would fix it, but they never did. They won't even acknowledge the problem, despite the innumerable complaints posted publicly. No more DD products for me until the old ones are fixed to run properly.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.