Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

FLOW by Parallel 42 available NOW

I can see this being beneficial in VR, as the toolbar does not reduce to a handle bar like it does in 2D.  Can anyone confirm yet if it works in VR?

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I still fail to see any point in this software. If anything it seems to be geared to those flying the aircraft from the outside view or to those trying to create some videos.

Controlling flaps and gear by opening a menu? How immersive is that?

remember, not everyone has all of their fingers and toes. this could be very helpful for people that have trouble navigating the cockpit normally.

That said, I bought it. I think this software is pretty neat and with the ability to add custom scripts to it, it'll allow for more than the simple menu bar MSFS ships with. It'd be kinda neat to be able to fully plan a flight through simbrief with this thing and a custom script, never ALT+TABbing out of the sim. Or have a LittleNavMap overlay. We'll see though. I've wasted money on far worse than a neat little QOL tool. Haven't found a reason why it is $25 yet, so at the moment, the price is a bit steep. But //42 have been good about following through and keeping their stuff up to date. .

• Upvote 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

Very cool indeed.  I didn't think I really needed it, but it makes things alot slicker.  The guys at Parallel 42 are really quite innovative.

Two things which are not clear to me  :

- does it give you the wind in any location you are presently  flying (or hovering) ?

- does it transport you to any any location you want (read not only at airports) and at surface level ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

18 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Two things which are not clear to me  :

- does it give you the wind in any location you are presently  flying (or hovering) ?

- does it transport you to any any location you want (read not only at airports) and at surface level ? 

Yes

Yes (although not sure about locations other than airports or spawn positions)

Edit:  You can spawn to any position other than airports/parking spots.  Just don't do that with complex aircraft.  (The PMDG aircraft doesn't seem to like it and sets off all manner of alarms and whistles if you do.  Even if you haven't set up the FMC position).

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 5:05 PM, rickjake said:

I can see this being beneficial in VR, as the toolbar does not reduce to a handle bar like it does in 2D.  Can anyone confirm yet if it works in VR?

Yes work in VR but the wheel need to open in its own square window and not so easy to rescale if you want a small wheel. Still exploring how to make it as fluid than 2D.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

59 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yes

Yes (although not sure about locations other than airports or spawn positions)

Edit:  You can spawn to any position other than airports/parking spots.  Just don't do that with complex aircraft.  (The PMDG aircraft doesn't seem to like it and sets off all manner of alarms and whistles if you do.  Even if you haven't set up the FMC position).

Thanks I was thinking of helis and floatplanes. The vanilla sim spawns the craft at 1500 feet AGL with engine on which is a pain to slew down and restart C&D.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 12/20/2022 at 10:05 PM, rickjake said:

You can hide the toolbar with a button/key bind in VR.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

One thing I really miss from FSX / P3D is the ability to load a different aircraft directly into the sim without going back to the main menu.

I know there is a clunky way of doing this in the developers menu, but it is quite buggy.  Sometimes the cameras and gauges are messed up.

If there was a script to do this from Flow, then it would add more value.  There are some good addons appearing on flightsim.to now for flow, and they look quite useful.

But at the moment, I am still not convinced it is worth the money. 
Trying the free version is a waste of time due to the extremely limited functionality.  They should have let us use the full version on trial for a week.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

One thing I really miss from FSX / P3D is the ability to load a different aircraft directly into the sim without going back to the main menu.

Yes, though if you recall many complex add-ons didn't play well with that approach. The first thing support for those add-ons would tell you is to load the aircraft fresh without loading another first.

• Like 1

- Aaron

9 hours ago, MarcG said:

You can hide the toolbar with a button/key bind in VR.

Thanks for the tip, I should give that a try.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11