Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

X-Plane 12.01r1 available

20 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

Did it fix the flickering on Linux for you? I still get it.

I'm on the road this week and my laptop ironically only has a NVidia GPU.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Not seeing this veggie influence. I can toggle that back and forth with little to no impact. Odd that you're seeing a 50% drop?

I don't remember where I did this test last time. I had something like 40 FPS and it dropped to 20 FPS. But here's something similar (not quite as dramatic but still).

https://imgur.com/a/uTcHfmc

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

13 hours ago, GoranM said:

Run the installer in your X-Plane folder, and make sure you have the beta box checked.  It will download the latest release candidate.  (RC1)

Release candidates always follow beta's.

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

"Run the installer in your X-Plane folder"

I don't see that , using the steam version

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

"Run the installer in your X-Plane folder"

I don't see that , using the steam version

right click in library->properties->betas

AutoATC Developer

fantastic, never would have found that, thanks very much. mSparks simply knows x-plane. 😊

btw: is that version safe as far as flight models are concerned or should I rather wait? I thought some one mentioned all planes were pulling to one side?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

fantastic, never would have found that, thanks very much. mSparks simply knows x-plane. 😊

btw: is that version safe as far as flight models are concerned or should I rather wait? I thought some one mentioned all planes were pulling to one side?

If you have any problems with the beta, simply deselect "betas", and redownload the last stable version.  It will exclude any beta download and replace all the files with the non beta version.  I don't have the steam version, but I think that's how it works.  In the LR version, there is a checkbox for beta.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

is that version safe as far as flight models are concerned or should I rather wait? I thought some one mentioned all planes were pulling to one side?

That should have been fixed in b1 over what you had before

XPD-13659 – Slight roll for swept-wing aircraft.

r1 adds all the fixes in b1 and r1 in

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-12-00-release-notes/

steam is pretty nice for switching between them tbh, to revert just go back and set betas to none and it will update itself for you.

Most of this year is probably going to be all about finding out the hard way what does and doesn't work, it took me all of last year to get the 744 to a similar standard in XP12 as it is in XP11 - the changes were reasonably small, but finding and understanding them takes sooo much time.

Austin is currently torturing devs breaking their CHTs, but that isn't anywhere near these builds yet.

A few years ago a "compulsory" update dropped that broke everything I was using XP for (XP11.30 i think), since then regardless of what else is happening, the first thing I do when a beta drops is test everything I regularly use XP for, that way if something does get nuked there is a chance for me to report it and potentially delay the next compulsory update until its fixed.

started doing that with CSGO as well after they did exactly the same thing in December 21 - completely nuked it

(which is how I know about the beta thing in steam)

I'm very happy with R1 - still have open issues, but no "show stoppers".

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

25 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I'm very happy with R1

thanks very much, will install it then.

very nice.

31 minutes ago, GoranM said:

In the LR version, there is a checkbox for beta.

yes I remember. x-plane 12 is my first steam version (better black Friday price  😊)

very nice.

lighting is just getting better and better thanks LR, looking forward to future updates 👍

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by UKflyer

7 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

lighting is just getting better and better thanks LR, looking forward to future updates 👍

"light" years ahead of the competition.  (See what I did there?)

Ok, ok.  I'm being a bit of a wise guy.  Just trying to "lighten" the mood.  😛

• Like 1

Just now, GoranM said:

"light" years ahead of the competition.  (See what I did there?)

Ok, ok.  I'm being a bit of a wise guy.  Just trying to "lighten" the mood.  😛

I'm going to make you happy and agree lighting is way ahead of what I've seen in other sims. It looks very natural.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

I'm going to make you happy and agree lighting is way ahead of what I've seen in other sims. It looks very natural.

Impossible.  A positive comment.  Is that a smile I can feel coming through your post??

big-smile-emoticon-with-thumbs-up.jpg?s=

• Like 1

Just now, GoranM said:

Impossible.  A positive comment.  Is that a smile I can feel coming through your post??

You'll never guess how many times x-plane made me smile.