Sign in to follow this  
BillStewart

simbrief flight plan puts me on runway

On 1/12/2023 at 2:16 PM, BillStewart said:

I've tried both, selecting from the drop down as well as zooming in on the airport and selecting a parking spot.  either once switches everything to direct gps.  I am unable to load from the within the sim because simbrief saves my flightplans with a .pln extension and MSFS apparently will only open up .flt plans from within the sim.  

Simbrief will save a .flt plan as well - you just have to tell the downloader to do it.  Once you do that, hitting the spacebar twice from the world map screen will bring up a file-open dialog. Navigate to wherever you had Simbrief save the .flt files and open it up.

Then, to keep in line with OP's question, you need to zoom in to the departure airport and choose a stand rather than the runway.  This will sometimes change the flight plan. It'll still be IFR, but the waypoints might change, which will only be an issue if you use default ATC; otherwise, it doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, eslader said:

Simbrief will save a .flt plan as well - you just have to tell the downloader to do it.  Once you do that, hitting the spacebar twice from the world map screen will bring up a file-open dialog. Navigate to wherever you had Simbrief save the .flt files and open it up.

Then, to keep in line with OP's question, you need to zoom in to the departure airport and choose a stand rather than the runway.  This will sometimes change the flight plan. It'll still be IFR, but the waypoints might change, which will only be an issue if you use default ATC; otherwise, it doesn't matter.

I posted two screen shots above, and I think that is what you are describing. It works every time, I don't understand any other way to load a simbrief plan into MSFS. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I posted two screen shots above, and I think that is what you are describing. It works every time, I don't understand any other way to load a simbrief plan into MSFS. 

Yes, I do it exactly like that.

4 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Yes, I do it exactly like that.

Well when you select a stand or gate, you mean it puts you on the runway anyway??

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Maybe  Tomaz  should  post a screen  shot  on  what  he  is  seeing, looks like he  is  seeing  something  different  than  the  rest of  us

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Maybe  Tomaz  should  post a screen  shot  on  what  he  is  seeing, looks like he  is  seeing  something  different  than  the  rest of  us

I'm seeing the same as described by VFXSimmer and tup61 in this post before. We already determined that it's just an interface bug and if we hit Fly now button, it works as intended - you start c&d at the gates, even though the drop-down menu says runway.  

6 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'm seeing the same as described by VFXSimmer and tup61 in this post before. We already determined that it's just an interface bug and if we hit Fly now button, it works as intended - you start c&d at the gates, even though the drop-down menu says runway.  

We need to see a picture of what your screen looks like right before you get the error you are seeing. 

21 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

If you hit Fly now, you will start on the runway ( 34).. So what problem are you having? You are also set to start on a Sid.  34LIM33..

Edited by Bobsk8

Any flight plan created in an external planner, will not have any gate/stand information.

If it's a plan that has it's own format (eg. Simbrief OFP), simply place your aircraft at your required gate, then open the plan via the aircraft or it's EFB.

If it's a planner that has exported a MSFS PLN file, then, from the map screen, hit 'more', then 'load/save' and choose the plan.    It will load onto the map but as stated, will be from a runway.  Use the map to click on the gate you require, but change nothing else.   If you do this, the externally-created plan should be maintained (rather than MSFS changing the plan to a direct course) and the origin will now be from your chosen gate.

If you change anything else (eg a waypoint, or any of the destination info, runway, etc, MSFS will replace the plan with a direct course.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

11 minutes ago, JYW said:

Any flight plan created in an external planner, will not have any gate/stand information.

If it's a plan that has it's own format (eg. Simbrief OFP), simply place your aircraft at your required gate, then open the plan via the aircraft or it's EFB.

If it's a planner that has exported a MSFS PLN file, then, from the map screen, hit 'more', then 'load/save' and choose the plan.    It will load onto the map but as stated, will be from a runway.  Use the map to click on the gate you require, but change nothing else.   If you do this, the externally-created plan should be maintained (rather than MSFS changing the plan to a direct course) and the origin will now be from your chosen gate.

If you change anything else (eg a waypoint, or any of the destination info, runway, etc, MSFS will replace the plan with a direct course.

I do this differently. I hit Load/Save and load  the flight plan I want, as I show in the first screen shot above. Then I use the drop down menu on the same screen, to select either the runway if I want that, or a parking spot if I want that. I don't click anything on the map. Then I just hit Fly, and the aircraft will either be placed on the runway or the parking spot, which ever I selected. Works every time. I have never clicked anything on the map. 

26 minutes ago, JYW said:

It will load onto the map but as stated, will be from a runway.  Use the map to click on the gate you require, but change nothing else.   If you do this, the externally-created plan should be maintained (rather than MSFS changing the plan to a direct course) and the origin will now be from your chosen gate.

Incorrect. Do NOT click on the map to select the gate but use the dropdown menu. That is the ONLY correct way if you want to keep your plan as it is.

36 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

If you hit Fly now, you will start on the runway ( 34)

Incorrect. Take another look at his screenshot and you will see he will actually start at Gate 5. The dropdownmenu still shows the runway as the starting point (which is the bug!) but on the map you see the yellow flightplan line starts at the Gate. Which is what he wants. So indeed the problem is solved now. It was already solved months ago, really, LOL...

Again, there are TWO bugs:

1. you should NOT select a gate by clicking on the map but only by using the dropdown menu; if you select it by clicking on the map your plan will be ruined.

2. once you select a gate using the dropdown menu it will revert to showing the departure runway but on the map you will see the selected gate actually is the starting point.

Edited by tup61
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Incorrect. Do NOT click on the map to select the gate but use the dropdown menu. That is the ONLY correct way if you want to keep your plan as it is.

Incorrect. Take another look at his screenshot and you will see he will actually start at Gate 5. WHich is what he wants. So indeed the problem is solved now. It was already solved months ago, really, LOL...

Well on his screen shot, where did the box that says Gate 5 come from? On the drop down menu, it gives the runway 34 . 

1 minute ago, tup61 said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I didn't realise the dropdown would work and the map wouldn't (considering they are two ways to do exactly the same thing).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)