Sign in to follow this  
Dirk.M

Funny Video from Austin

Pretty good. I would love to see Austin wired for sound on a cup of java. Or is he already on caffiene?

Yep, XP12 is a funny sim too...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Not sure what the Austin - Scott Manley thing is about nowaydays, but I LOVE IT!

- Edit:

Wait a second, is the "Museum Police" flying an F-4E? The default F-4 is a "B" model. Are you trying to tell us something, Austin?!

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

3 hours ago, cagarini said:

Yep, XP12 is a funny sim too...

In what way?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

They should make a video of Austin working on the weather system to make it usable. I would laugh so hard!!

They should make a video of Austin working on the weather system to make it usable. I would laugh so hard!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Sie sollten ein Video von Austin machen, wie er am Wettersystem arbeitet, um es nutzbar zu machen. Ich würde so lachen!!

OMG, your mean realy, that the LM ist not working in the time then Austin ist making this video.

Sometimes people are so blind.

Edited by Dirk.M

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

6 hours ago, Chapstick said:

It's not usable??  Maybe double check that...if you actually have X-Plane.

But even your assumption that Austin is the one who does everything in X-Plane, is laughable.  That's like saying Tim Cook makes Apple computers.  Or Jorg Neuman made everything in MSFS.

Edited by GoranM

5 hours ago, Chapstick said:

They should make a video of Austin working on the weather system to make it usable

I did a great approach to minimums a few minutes ago.  Clouds, rain, icing were all very good.  I'll agree some improvements are needed, but the weather is certainly usable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I did a great approach to minimums a few minutes ago.  Clouds, rain, icing were all very good.  I'll agree some improvements are needed, but the weather is certainly usable.

Thank you for your anecdote, the rest of the world still agrees that weather in XP12 is not working as it should.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

11 hours ago, GoranM said:

It's not usable??  Maybe double check that...if you actually have X-Plane.

I do! I can tell because when I fly through a little cloud it throws the CL650 into a 60 degree bank and kicks off the autopilot. That's definitely XP12. 

11 hours ago, GoranM said:

But even your assumption that Austin is the one who does everything in X-Plane, is laughable.  That's like saying Tim Cook makes Apple computers.  Or Jorg Neuman made everything in MSFS.

Where did I say that? Austin was in many of the promotional/unveiling videos about the new weather engine and talked about all the work he did on it, so my actual assumption is that he still plays a pretty big role in this area at Laminar which is a pretty small team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

I do! I can tell because when I fly through a little cloud it throws the CL650 into a 60 degree bank and kicks off the autopilot. That's definitely XP12. 

Where did I say that? Austin was in many of the promotional/unveiling videos about the new weather engine and talked about all the work he did on it, so my actual assumption is that he still plays a pretty big role in this area at Laminar which is a pretty small team.

More than happy to look at your log file to see why the autopilot is clicking off. 

Still waiting, @Chapstick.  I'm offering you premium service here.  DM me your name and your email address you used to register your XA account with, so I can check you are a valid customer (standard procedure, regardless that ALL your content shows you are strictly an MSFS user, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), your log.txt file, and your CL650log.txt file, and I'll get straight into finding out why your AP is clicking off.  Also any details on the scenario when the AP clicked off so I can reproduce it.  As many details as possible, please.

Edited by GoranM

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

More than happy to look at your log file to see why the autopilot is clicking off. 

Still waiting, @Chapstick.  I'm offering you premium service here.  DM me your name and your email address you used to register your XA account with, so I can check you are a valid customer (standard procedure, regardless that ALL your content shows you are strictly an MSFS user, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), your log.txt file, and your CL650log.txt file, and I'll get straight into finding out why your AP is clicking off.  Also any details on the scenario when the AP clicked off so I can reproduce it.  As many details as possible, please.

First, to clarify, I don't think the CL650 did anything wrong--it did exactly what it would do in real life when it encounters conditions that the AP can't handle. It's just that XP12's live WX interpretation of some light rain turns rain clouds into what feels like a Cat 5 hurricane. I used the CL650 as an example because it's really the only reason I even have XP in the first place. Second, I don't have a recent log file that would show this behavior since I turned off live weather and am just using the VFR presets on my recent flights. I'm in the HS Discord under a different username and in the CL650 beta.

Lastly, I made my comment in response to the video because as entertaining as it is, it's frustrating that they can take the time to shoot/cut/upload these videos but can't take the time to communicate their roadmap and timeline for getting live weather up to the standard that Austin promised it would be when it was originally unveiled over a year ago (I think FS Expo 2022?).  

• Like 3