Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Visual Tracers / tracing DX12?

I've noticed that a lot of times when AI or other lights in MSFS lately have "tracers" with them.  For example, what would appear to be contrails, they come in my sim as tracing lights... I'm not really sure how to explain it.  Is this a DX12 thing?  Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

I've noticed that a lot of times when AI or other lights in MSFS lately have "tracers" with them.  For example, what would appear to be contrails, they come in my sim as tracing lights... I'm not really sure how to explain it.  Is this a DX12 thing?  Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Take a picture and show us

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

Take a picture and show us

Next time I notice, I will try to take one.  It looks like lighted contrails or lighted dots coming off the wings and tail.  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Do you get it looking at light poles, etc?  I have seen this effect and it is not related to DX12 as I don't use it.  I am also not sure what causes it...

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I think it’s related to the cloud system and I don’t think the problem has always been there. I think it first started appearing when they made drastic changes to clouds and released on Xbox. It happens in dx11 as well.

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

I don't have access to the PMDG forum but my guess is that it is,.  And yes, it happens at light poles, etc

My guess is that it is AA related. Be it TAA or DLSS, try to play with these settings. I see a kind of weird pixel ghosting whenever AA is enabled.

4 hours ago, RockOla said:

My guess is that it is AA related. Be it TAA or DLSS, try to play with these settings. I see a kind of weird pixel ghosting whenever AA is enabled.

What do you use?  I have TAA and ambient occlusion on.  DLSS makes my gauges and displays too blurry 

I use DLSS + Nvidia filters with sharpen to "unblur" the gauges. I am mostly happy with the result, but I have to live with "pixel ghosting" mostly seen on moving objects like that (found on the msfs forums)

20d6b792e595e723156e9db660601daf52c8d23e

I also have the pixel ghosting you describe @RockOla

But I don't use DLSS as I don't have an RTX card. I haven not yet figured out if this is even caused by some kind of post-processing or whether it is a rendering bug of the graphics engine. It's always visible when clouds are present and an object moves in front of them, or the camera moves, making a static object seem to move in relation to the background.

Edited by Farlis

21 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I also have the pixel ghosting you describe @RockOla

But I don't use DLSS as I don't have an RTX card. I haven not yet figured out if this is even caused by some kind of post-processing or whether it is a rendering bug of the graphics engine. It's always visible when clouds are present and an object moves in front of them, or the camera moves, making a static object seem to move in relation to the background.

Yep I see the same and just use regular old DX11, no DLSS. Maybe as mention up-thread it has something to do with ambient occlusion.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB