Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

A2A lead tester's thoughts on MSFS & flight simming in 2023

4 hours ago, cobalt said:

Quoting from the analysis above by Dudley Henriques:

"Taking a close look at what a good flight simulator must have, the first requirement isn’t what you might think. It’s a totally believable world in which to fly. And NO, this doesn’t mean the other components aren’t important because they are. Every single person who buys a flight simulator MUST believe when they see the program on the screen for the first time that they are looking at the real world. Microsoft has done that. That first all important factor is there. MSFS2020 is BELIEVABLE from a real world standpoint."

I am very happy to see this comment from a professional flight sim evaluator, and I could not agree more. When all is said and done, nothing is more important than having a real world environment to fly in. And this is, at present, possible only in MSFS 2020 and nowhere else. Flight dynamics, weather, ATC -- have always been important, but MSFS has moved flight simming into a new era and there is no going back. The scenery has to be real. Period.

And now, some of the default avionics, especially for GA aircraft, are at a level we haven't seen before.  Working Title has done a tremendous job on some of the default GA avionics.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

He spent 3 years inside A2A, got the real experience, has the goods on what we can expect...

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

373738d9ed80b5ed104342d8f3cc6dde.jpg

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Per recent update to the FS Expo schedule A2A now has a slot in the "Product Announcement Seminars" category from 3-3:20pm CDT on Friday June 23: https://flightsimexpo.com/schedule ... hopefully they'll release more details along with the deep-dive/tutorial videos they've been working on. Scott also just said "the Comanche IS very close . We just brought in 15 new beta testers to test final things like the installer and bugs." FWIW.

This Friday and the whole FSExpo weekend is shaping up to be very news filled for MSFS (MS/Asobo product announcement seminar is later at 5pm CDT likely all about MSFS 2024, iniBuilds also announcing a new study level airliner, etc)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD