Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Best Co-Pilot Addon for Only Callouts and Checklists

8 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Hey Gerald!

I'm the developer for FSFO; however, I have immense respect for MCE and your exceptionally fair pricing scheme.  If FSFO doesn't meet my users' needs, I always suggest MCE.  It's a great product with great customer service.  

Matt

Thank you.

Same here. Finally a genuine competitor.

With the path you are taking, it's very likely customers will have enough money left to use both just like they don't settle for a single ATC offline program.

Good luck Matt.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As I fly the Prosim 738 : can I use this just to call out the checklist and it will read the phrases and I respond by acknowledging and it goes on to the next item on the list ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 1/23/2023 at 6:04 PM, roland_lfor said:

As a previous MCE user in FSX/P3D time, I tried FSFO in 2 test flights yesterday with the A320.  I did not know about this program before.

It was a very nice surprise and experience as the program is highly configurable as explained before in this thread, versatile, and covers various pilot skills and wishes.

As an exclusive VR headset user, I believe it miss a very few options to avoid the need to access the UI once the flight is loaded (which is essential in VR). Here is my short feature request list:

1/ Vocal / joystick button command to initiate the pushback sequence (currently I have to click the blue arrow function - the "Ready for pushback" vocal command does not start the process)

2/ Accept multiple joystick ID's to configure buttons

3/ A button function to ACTIVATE the voice recognition (yesterday I sneezed during the cruise and my FO set Full Flaps :wacko:, speed alarm warned ... please don't laught) Currently it has only the MUTE function available.

I was unable to find a Discord or support forum for this product, is there one somewhere?

EDIT: forgot the most important!

4/ I need a vocal command to request my coffee 😉

I have to correct these assumption's as I learned a bit since:

1/ It already exists: "Ground From Cockpit" (missed it)

3/ A button can be set to toggle voice recognition. The only issue is you can't see the status of it in VR, you have to remember the last action done

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

1 hour ago, roland_lfor said:

3/ A button can be set to toggle voice recognition. The only issue is you can't see the status of it in VR, you have to remember the last action done

Once you have assigned a joystick button for the mute function, if in doubt, just toggle it and you'll hear either "speech off" or "listening"

Since MCE lets you create custom speech commands, you won't have to remember the trigger sentences for various flows either.

In "Command" tab, click <Voxscript> button.

You'll find all the pre-made flows.

You can not only edit them to decide on who does what, but more importantly, rename the flow to some sentence that flows to your head naturally and the new name becomes the trigger sentence.

You can do the same with custom checklists. Have the exact headers you are used to in real world so you won't need to scratch your head whether to say "after start checklist" or "before taxi checklist". What's in the custom checklist defines the actual trigger sentence, including those sections you may want to add for emergency procedures..

You will only need the UI when you want to assign different voices or enable/disable the features you may or may not need.

And this is why it's relatively VR friendly.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, kingm56 said:

Hey Gerald!

I'm the developer for FSFO; however, I have immense respect for MCE and your exceptionally fair pricing scheme.  If FSFO doesn't meet my users' needs, I always suggest MCE.  It's a great product with great customer service.  

Matt

Hi Matt,

I stumbled upon this post while trying to read about another product. I guess I can ask you here it wasn't clear to me on the website whether you need to buy each FSFO Aircraft package seperately for it to work with various aircraft unlike FSFO Pro where you pay for a complete package. Also wanted to ask if you have plans to have a version that includes multiple favorite payware aircraft like JF 146, Fenix A320, CRJ, PMDG 737 for a discounted price.

Thanks!

Hey!  I went to a single aircraft pricing model; so, you do need to purchase each profile for $15 USD, or less.  BTW, Next is MUCH better than Pro.  Since I’m not doing this for the money, I can charge 50% less than the primary competitor, which is something I will ALWAYS do.  Eventually, there will be an ultimate addition, which will include all aircraft for one price.
If you’re looking for that now, MCE charges one price for all their supported aircraft.  I bought MCE in 2012 for $59.99 and can still use that license today on MSFS.  That’s 13 years of support, which is unheard of in the software industry.  So, if FSFO isn’t your cup of tea, give MCE a look.  

Matt King

15 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Hey!  I went to a single aircraft pricing model; so, you do need to purchase each profile for $15 USD, or less.  BTW, Next is MUCH better than Pro.  Since I’m not doing this for the money, I can charge 50% less than the primary competitor, which is something I will ALWAYS do.  Eventually, there will be an ultimate addition, which will include all aircraft for one price.
If you’re looking for that now, MCE charges one price for all their supported aircraft.  I bought MCE in 2012 for $59.99 and can still use that license today on MSFS.  That’s 13 years of support, which is unheard of in the software industry.  So, if FSFO isn’t your cup of tea, give MCE a look.  

Hey thanks for the reply, I don't mind waiting. MCE is a great addon for sure but, I'm trying to find the balance between time I need to spend to configure the software to fit my needs and availability of customization. Other competitor is not customizable and MCE is too much work for me to sit down and develop my flows. That's why I think I liked FSFO better after watching your videos. Went ahead and purchased the PMDG 737 license to try it out. If it fit's I'll be back for couple other aircraft. By the way GSX integration was a great idea and will be looking forward to next release.

Thanks for this great addon.

Edited by the_simpilot

On 1/21/2023 at 7:13 PM, qqwertzde said:

As it happens, I acquired the Fenix A320 just last week and I am working on an amplified in-game checklist.  If you enable assisted checklist mode in MSFS, each item is called out. The checklist itself is complete, but I am working on getting the state of each item (Nav lights, brakes, ..) tested. Let me know if you want to test a beta version.

Cheers,

Peter

The in-game checklist is now available at

https://flightsim.to/file/48728/in-game-checklist-for-fenix-airbus-a320

• Like 1