Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Long pauses

Hi those with those long hanging pauses that almost seems like the sim is going to crash but then it continues on totally smooth, have you figured out what could have been the cause? Getting it on my system and it seems to be on random times. Usually get it once using a flight. I had a pause that lasted close to 4 seconds.

Thanks

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Bill A said:

Hi those with those long hanging pauses that almost seems like the sim is going to crash but then it continues on totally smooth, have you figured out what could have been the cause? Getting it on my system and it seems to be on random times. Usually get it once using a flight. I had a pause that lasted close to 4 seconds.

Thanks

I had this twice on approaches in the Italy area this morning with my Fenix. Made it difficult to land. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Yep. I’ve had longer pauses than 4secs too (more like 20 although that’s rare) 

I've had one close to 20 seconds, I was about ready to hit control alt delete.. then went back to smooth flying.. Wonder if it's a Asobo issue

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Willing to bet its a server side issue with high demand being the weekend and all. 

• Upvote 1

Eric 

6 minutes ago, Bill A said:

I've had one close to 20 seconds, I was about ready to hit control alt delete.. then went back to smooth flying.. Wonder if it's a Asobo issue

Yep exactly my experience. Was literally sat there anticipating a CTD and then luckily it didn’t. 

Just now, B777ER said:

Willing to bet its a server side issue with high demand being the weekend and all. 

I think so too. Funny it only happens on very short final, maybe 200 feet AGL or below.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A zleeping device causes the pauses for me. Flight is smooth until I move my trackball then the pause for 5 seconds or so.

I swear this was fixed after SU9.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

35 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I tend to agree.  I just saw this today right after loading into a flight.  Pause for about 5-8 seconds then working again.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My screens goes black for 5 seconds. Oh dang flight is over but it comes back nothings change. Happen twice today.  

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Happened to me this morning over downtown Detroit en route to KDTW. It was perhaps the longest pause I’ve ever had.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

20 sec pause on departure from LHR today, was about to ctrl/alt/del and then fine

My frames are smooth, then they drop to 1 FPS, for as long as a minute or so, then it gets smooth again. Thing is, it consistently occurs at around the same location, for example, just south of KLAS at 8000, happens all the time in any weather, PG on or off.

Anyone experiencing the same consistency with respect to location? Thanks!

i9-10900K, Maximus Hero XIII, 32 GB, Win 10, 3080Ti

Not the same, but something similar happened to me the other day on final approach to KGUR RW 32. Beginning approximately at the FAF MULLI the frame rate dropped continuously from 25-30 fps to 0.5 fps at the threshold. Exactly when crossing the threshold my framerate was back to normal.

I have experienced this behavior on the approaches to another 20 or so small airfields, mainly in Alaska and northeast Canada.

Thanks asanosho. If you fly the KGUR RW 32 approach again, will you get 0.5 FPS again? Mine are repeatable.

i9-10900K, Maximus Hero XIII, 32 GB, Win 10, 3080Ti